greydread

Thoughts on Ray Rice situation

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
Look at the video again. He spits in her face, slaps her when she objects, then knocks her out when she closes the three feet between them. I'm certain that someone who evades 250lb linebackers feared for his life when he was rushed by a 125lb female with a purse under her arm.

The gist of this conversation we're having is highlighting something I have always suspected. For whatever reason most mongers dont really like or respect women. Or, maybe it's that they secretly fear women. Too many respondents to this thread, whether they realize it or not, are trying to justify a cat spitting in his baby's momma's face and then punching the shit out of her. Hard to understand. Look at where the thanks are being given if you want to understand the depth of this. I don't know what that woman or women did to many of you, but it's time to get over that shit and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
I'm glad to see someone acknowledge what I see is at the very root of this whole issue.

I'm not a sports fan so I don't care what the NFL does, or that he has lost his high paying contract. What does concern me is what I see as being the ongoing emasculation of men.

I saw the video of them in the elevator. I don't know if either one of them spit on the other, or antagonized or taunted the other, and, in my mind, it doesn't really matter because, at that point, either one of them could have walked away. BUT, what I did see is her rush from her side of the elevator towards him. IF it had been a man who rushed him, we'd all be congratulating him for knocking him the fuck out. But, we're not. And why? Because it was a woman instead.

As you noted, we're taught to not hit women. Why? Because they're considered smaller and weaker. I find it odd that I don't see as much emphasis being placed on women not hitting men. I'm seeing more and more instances of women slapping the shit out of men, and them doing nothing but turning the other cheek. Why? Because we're not supposed to hit women........even when they slap the shit out of us. Why? Because they're smaller and weaker.

I feel bad for the guy. He's lost his career. He could have done what I learned to do a long time ago (especially considering that he wasn't even married yet, from what I understand). I learned a long time ago that if I REALLY want to hurt a woman - walk away and never look back.
I understand where you're coming from with this. I allowed my 1st Ex to goad me into slapping her once and I felt horrible. It's the most embarrassed and ashamed I've ever been. I felt that I'd failed her, failed myself and all my ancestors and most importantly failed my Children. I apologized and then left and never returned to stay.

However....there's another thread on here where we're talking about a Guy whose Ho stabbed him to death. 1st sign of physical or emotional abuse get the Hell away. There are some bat shit crazy Women in the world. When you identify one get as far away from her as possible.

Submit "Thoughts on Ray Rice situation" to Digg Submit "Thoughts on Ray Rice situation" to del.icio.us Submit "Thoughts on Ray Rice situation" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thoughts on Ray Rice situation" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments