rafa72

07/2015 - 470 weight loss since Aug 2011- The prize June 4-July 2 fuck a thon

Rate this Entry
[QUOTE=minkyboodle;1350767]
Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
I'm at the point where I am finally considering gastric bypass as well. I haven't done it because I felt that was the cheaters way out, but I may toss in the towel and do it. It's only about 10K USD here.
I would really encourage you not to take that point of view. Gastric bypass is a tool, it is IMO not the cheaters way out. Perhaps I could share a bit of my personal story.

I was a big teenager (270 lbs) and lost 75 lbs my last two years of high school (graduated in 1996). I kept it off for about 3 years in college but I have had an ongoing struggle with depression my entire life and it gradually got the better of me. I didn't go out, go to class and do much of anything. My weight began to pile on. For me it was like a pebble rolling down a hill and from 2000-2007 I ballooned up to 450 lbs (I am 6 foot 1 so that is a BMI of almost 60). I hated to go anywhere, I had great difficulty doing physical activity. My fucked up self esteem got worse and worse. For me, my depression and my weight fed off each other. At this time (and I know every overweight person says this) I was drinking (not any more than any of my college age friends) and eating the typical college male diet (again compared to my room mates). This is NOT an excuse. Straight up, my body needed better nutrition and activity and I obviously wasn't providing it. Everybody is different, and I was not doing what my body needed. In 2007 I made a choice to make a change, I felt that gastric bypass gave me the best chance for success.

One thing about this surgery, it is different for everyone. That is a key point I try to stress when I talk about it to others. I know of no cases where it is "magic pill" and the weight just comes off long-term with little life style change. So how it affected me, is not completely applicable to any one else. So, as I said, I had Roux-En-Y gastric bypass (laparoscopically, which involved a 3-month liquid diet) in January of 2007. For 1 year the weight did fall off (this is common) and I was down around 125 lbs by the year end. It is at this point, people who view this surgery as an end all fix, have problems. Remember, long-term statistics are something like %47 of excess weight lost after 10 years. The weight loss allowed me to be more active. I worked out, moved around and left my house. Those who do not make lifestyle changes will usually lose this initial weight but almost half will stop there or gain it back. For example, I attended some support groups. There were food addicts who learned to eat around the surgery (graze) and some who substituted alcohol for food.

So from 2007-2012, I continued to lose weight via exercise and diet (the surgery does modify your eating obviously, it is just kind of strange to describe). I viewed the surgery as a tool to help me get a start and continue down the right road. From 2012-2014, I became more sedentary and creeped back up the 260 lbs (from a low of about 210). For the last year and half I have become a gym rat (inspired by XXX lol) and have dropped to 200 and gained muscle. I am probably the healthiest I have been my entire life at the moment. I don't think I would have gotten there without the start that the surgery provided. This has also really helped my depression, again my depression and weight worked together for me!

Phew, that was a ridiculously long post when I just realized I could have summed it up in this statement. Do what is best for you. Look at your situation honestly. If you feel, realistically, that you can do it without the help in the beginning that gastric bypass provides, then by all means do that. If you think that your health demands that you look to surgery to assist you, then by all means consider that. I would encourage you not to view the surgery as a cop out. Examine your own health indicators, life situation etc and make the choice that you or your doctor feels offers you the best and safest outcome. Don't get hung up on maybe thinking you are taking the easy way out. Believe me, you are not. Your health is the only factor in this decision. Please remember, gastric bypass is a major surgery with possible complications. In addition, I need to take vitamins for the rest of my life as I do not absorb vitamins. For me, except for this, I have had no major complications or problems. This is just me everyone is different. Just things to consider as well.

Now on the mongering
Rafa72, you sir are a rock star!! I want to say congratulations, you have made an incredible journey and are on the right path man! Working out in the DR, hell yeah. And the chicas, some very nice pulls. I know you mentioned you may consider future surgeries, I have had two rounds of plastics (skin) and I would be happy to share any information, just PM me (I was in the DC area during my surgeries). This is a very impressive TR and I have to say both thanks and great job!!!! Your internet game is strong, as these are some fresh looking chicas. Keep it up, if we are ever in the Su at the same time I'd certainly buy you a Santo Libre. Thanks man!!![/QU

my mentality at times is still at 800 plus pounds .At times i have to remind my self that i am not that same person . every time i look in the mirror i still cant believe that is me. its weird at times.
i go to the gym often most oft the time i work out at home. i use to be embarrassed to hit a public gym. i had to say fuck it let everyone stare all they want . i know where i was at and where i am now. .

one thing about the D.r these folks love to stare. that made me feel uncomfortable. . i would just clap my hands and say out loud
"es tiempo a quemar estos calories" and get busy.
just a little something to syke myself out . lol

Submit "07/2015 - 470 weight loss since Aug 2011- The prize  June 4-July  2  fuck a thon" to Digg Submit "07/2015 - 470 weight loss since Aug 2011- The prize  June 4-July  2  fuck a thon" to del.icio.us Submit "07/2015 - 470 weight loss since Aug 2011- The prize  June 4-July  2  fuck a thon" to StumbleUpon Submit "07/2015 - 470 weight loss since Aug 2011- The prize  June 4-July  2  fuck a thon" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments