Thread: My second trip

Thanks

My second trip

As with my very first trip less than 6 or 7 months ago, I had a great time all over again, I stayed in puerta plata for 5 day and sosua for another 5 days, Best believe every night I drove to sosua for drinks and a chica for the night. I meet up with a few from my first trip and even more new ones. I'm already planning a dec or jan trip back. This is one of the few places where you can fall in love again each and every night , while in puerta plata I stayed in the neighborhood. It was really different they didnt have an inverter or it was broke one or the another and the power every day for a couple of hours, one day we ran out of water for taking showers and stuff. It was a real learning experence. The house I stayed in was one of the nicest on the block, some people on the block looked like a modified shack, I didnt see the water tank on top of the house, so I dont think they had running water and did every thing by buckets. I had fun there still but I was glad for the five other days at the palms condo. I was getting tired of the drive back and forth to sosua. The palms is only a few minutes drive for the club and for the afternoon delight specials during the day. I believe I broke a person best record for getting it in, I need a vaction from my vaction. It took me 3 days to recover. I cant wait to go back again in a few months.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mephime For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Re: My second trip

Quote Originally Posted by mephime View Post
    I stayed in Puerto Plata for 5 days and Sosúa for another 5 days. Best believe every night I drove to Sosúa for drinks and a chica for the night ... While in Puerto Plata I stayed in the neighborhood ... I was getting tired of the drive back and forth to Sosúa.
    This raises two questions:

How did you come to be staying in a barrio in Puerto Plata if you felt you needed to drive all the way to Sosúa and back each night? Was it a freebie (with family?). Which barrio did you stay in?

Why didn't you try to find your chicas in Puerto Plata? (In my experience they have a better attitude overall and are slightly cheaper).

Thanks
    Thanked 2,016 Times in 860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    This raises two questions:

How did you come to be staying in a barrio in Puerto Plata if you felt you needed to drive all the way to Sosúa and back each night? Was it a freebie (with family?). Which barrio did you stay in?

Why didn't you try to find your chicas in Puerto Plata? (In my experience they have a better attitude overall and are slightly cheaper).
    I prefer Sosua during the day for the beach and Puerto Plata at night for the mongering. What places are you going to in Puerto Plata that is slightly cheaper? The only places I know are Cristals and El Bohem which are way more expensive. There is another dump we went to but wouldn't go back again!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hioctane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I stayed with friends, a friend on of mine rents a house in puerta plata, so I didnt half my trip there and rented a condo the other 5 days. Exacty where in puerta plata I have no ideal, I know how to get back to his house from the club. This was my second trip and I'm finding my way around a little better. My friend has a baby with a girl from there, thats why he has an apartment down there. I may go back in january not sure yet. If I do the split trip again I will spend more time in puerta plata things seems to be cheaper there, beer, food, shave and haircuts things like that. It was a real eye opener the power would go out every day and my friends inverter wasnt working, but it didnt matter as long has I had a lady to keep me company and a candle I was cool. I was surprized that it seems hotter in Oct that it was in may or june when I was down there. 2 trips down there in less than 6 or 7 months. Really thinking about the jan trip. I stayed 10 days this time and about 4 or 6 days last time not sure, but I stayed longer hoping I would not have withdraw like I did last time , so far so good not to much withdraw, I got a little to happy and gave out my number one to many times because my phone is ringing off the hook, I know sooner than later the calls will change from baby I miss you to can you send some money, but like I told then while I was there, I dont spend my money unless I can take part in the enjoyment of spending it. So love it or hate it but I wont send a dime to if Im not there to see how it is spent.

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to mephime For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 233 Posts

Puerto Plata at night for the mongering.
    Where do you go for mongering in Puerto Plata at night? I'm not talking about Cristals and El Bohem, thats not mongering.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tonymd For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tonymd View Post
    Where do you go for mongering in Puerto Plata at night? I'm not talking about Cristal and El Bohen, thats not mongering.
    Some other whore bars are El Consulador, El Chakerero, Indetenible [being rebuilt - don't know if it will still be a bar], Babilon, El Ferry, La Chosa, Escape, Yellowbeards, Kakobaka (spelling?) [Temporarily closed following a murder on the other side of the street. My informant in the manager's family says it will reopen as soon as the police have been paid off] and also the dance-halls, La Canita, Caballon, Plaza Caribe and Ojilvy's. Apart from Kakobaka, these are all my end of town (west). I need to investigate if there are any useful bars in the centre or the east part of town (other than the famous Luz Marie, for some years better known as "Frank's" and fairly hopeless ever since). In the daytime try the Malecon, especially the Long Beach end.

But the main advantage of Puerto Plata is that the percentage of non-putas and semi-putas is much higher than in Sosúa so if you are reasonable looking and can speak Spanish you can easily pick up working girls who are not "working girls".

I don't have either of those advantages. I did pick up one beautiful girl with remarkable ease in La Sirena (the store) but once I took her to dinner it turned out that the reason for my success was she worked in a Sosua massage parlour (and is no doubt known to many here). She had, in effect, picked me up to pair me up with her skanky friend, after which she disappeared.

I also tried to pick up what I took to be a half-starved Haitian in a Chinese comedor but she turned out to be a hooker from Sosua as well, asking Sosua prices. No thanks! That unremarkable incident stuck in my mind because when her older and smarter friend fumbled around finding the money to pay the bill (130 pesos) I was sure they would expect me to pay it. I couldn't have been more wrong. Eventually the friend pulled out a wad of notes including numerous blues (2000 pesos) and reds (1000 pesos). I have no idea how much but I would guess not less than 20,000 pesos. What these chicas were doing wandering around with that amount of cash I have no idea although they had earlier said that they were in town to buy "stuff" which I assumed to mean cheap underwear in La Sirena.
    Last edited by weyland; 10-15-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: update on El Indetenible and Kakobaka and a mention for Luz Marie

12. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,029 Times in 652 Posts

Not that I'm trying to stalk you, Weyland, but I'm looking at a map of POP and just curious where you live. You said west end. Are you near Av. Colon? Are you south of the main highway through town? I see landmarks like the Hospital and the Harbour.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shredder View Post
    I'm looking at a map of POP and just curious where you live. You said west end. Are you near Av. Colon?
    Very near. Colón intersects with the main highway at La Javilla, a well-known junction and bus depot. Continuing westward (towards Costambar and Santiago) Penetración is the next main road to intersect. It runs parallel with Colón.

I live in this very distinctive pink/apricot building (Harbor View Condos) which is halfway between the two junctions but on the other (South or inland) side of the main highway. There is no other building like it on the North Coast and its elevated position at the foot of the mountain makes it a real landmark. I would say "you cannot miss it" but I arranged for one of the chicas from El Consulador (which is about 100 metres down Penetración) to visit me when the club closed at midnight and next day she said the motoconchista couldn't find it. I guess she didn't want my body enough.

Quote Originally Posted by shredder View Post
    I see landmarks like the Hospital and the Harbor.

The hospital is on the main highway near the centre of town. Next to the Hospital is the Parada de Sosúa from where the publicos to Sosúa start. Next to that is the above mentioned Kakobaka Bar (spelling?).

Important you know where the hospital is if you are still planning on hiring that pasola.

Coming from Sosúa you pass the Hospital and continue about another 2 kilometres to La Javilla.

The parallel streets Avenida de Colón and Penetración al Muelle run from the main highway down to the harbor area.

Harbor View is of course managed by Dominican Billy. In former years I always encouraged guys to drop in and have a drink or meal at Billy's bar. Nowadays 7 of the 8 condos have long-term residents (including myself and Terrierist) so there is less "passing trade" and the bar is not always open, but the offer still stands if you want to take pot luck.

Last edited by weyland; 10-11-2009 at 11:48 AM.

15. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,029 Times in 652 Posts

I saw your building during one of my adventures to POP on my first trip. It is a landmark easy to see.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to shredder For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Question Where are some other places to stay in sosua, I have been there twice to the DR both times I ended up in the Palms which I like its close be and the condos are nice. The orginal plan was to go back in jan or march and do the puerta plata split again, but a friend of mine who has never been is asking me to go back in Nov. So How could I say no , I emailed my contact person at the Palms and she doesnt have anything aval, so Im looking for something similar to the palms.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to mephime For This Useful Post:

Thread Information