Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Channel 4 filming in Sosua (Documentary)

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

Re: Channel 4 filming in Sosua (Documentary)

Quote Originally Posted by cuddler View Post
    I should add that's what I've read. I haven't been there myself, so maybe you know better.
    Cuddler,
    Whatever you read about Cuba should be taken with several grains of salt. There are just too many people on all sides of the "Cuba issue" who thrive on mis-information.
    A while back I predicted that, as the noose tightens around TFG's neck, both he and the Maga Morons here would post ever more idiotic crap. Right again.

“It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent a peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next," McConnell told reporters. "That’s what it was."

Thanks

Point taken. No reason for me to have an opinion on the subject.
    I liked this quote on another board though:
    I am very much confused by the earlier discussions re no action in Cuba??? Where were you guys, ... Guantnamo?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,511 Times in 903 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    I lost my relationship over that ESSENSE Brazil article. It came out right before my trip with WSJ. It caused a big 3 day fight which lasted right up until 2 hours before departure. It was never the same after that until the relationship just ended..... Oh Well!!!
    I like a man who stands behind his principles LOL!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to agua chico For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This entry on Myspace sheds a little more light on the film. (The only light it sheds on her personally is that she's 25)

An independent production company, Zig Zag is making a series for a major British broadcaster about British women looking for love and romance abroad. The series will cover several countries and look at every stage of the dating game from the first night to marriage – we will follow singles open to meeting a man, couples as they tie the knot and people who have moved their whole lives to another country. It will be about fun, love, relationships and a cross of cultures – we will be looking at what British women want from their men and where they go to find it. We are hoping to find women heading to Turkey in April/ May. We would be interested in speaking to anyone that might like to be involved in the documentary with no commitment at this stage. Filming would be flexible and just take up a few days of their holiday. This one hour programme will be aired in June and feature a variety of stories and experiences If anyone agreed to have bits of their holiday filmed, we would work out carefully when it would suit them for us to film a few days here and there over their trip – they would get plenty of time to enjoy their holiday undisturbed! We would want to film a bit that introduced us to the ladies where they could explain a bit about themselves and their trip to turkey, then we would probably want to film something like them getting ready to go out and then see them out and about in Turkey. As the programme is about love and romance in turkey, if they were to meet anyone we would obviously be interested in capturing the blossoming of a relationship if that happened. What we are looking for are women that would be open about meeting a man if they did and who would enjoy capturing a bit of their holiday and experiences on camera as part of the programme. It is an observational programme and nothing will be set up. If anyone is interested in hearing more please get in touch asap. Emma Sheridan emmas@zigzag.uk.com 02070178755
    Of course there's no proof that the filming Sosuanews reports was for the Zigzag film. Channel 4 could be doing another program as well for all we know, but it seems unlikely.

Another one, on britishexpats.com:

Channel 4 Doc looking for stories about Gambia
    Hi there,

My name is Emma Sheridan and I am a researcher working for Zigzag Productions, based in London.

I am working on a new TV documentary that will be looking at the lure of the ‘Smiling Coast’ of Gambia to British women. The programme will explore British women’s experiences of dating, sex and relationships in the Gambia and we will follow 3 people’s different stories and experiences to get a good overview of what it’s really like.

As it says on my profile we hope this will be an enlightening, fun and realistic look at the ups and downs of searching for love in a foreign climate and will give women a voice to explain the liberated behaviour which has been traditionally seen to fall within a man’s domain.

We want to know what it is like for everyone involved in a Gambian/British relationship, from marriage to one-off nights of passion, and are looking to find several men and women who would be willing to share their stories with us. We want to speak to British women looking for romance in Gambia, and Gambian men waiting for them to arrive – as well as couples that are already together. We want to know what makes British women keep coming back to the Gambia for more?

At this stage we are looking to speak to anyone with a relevent story and hear their opinions, ideas and suggestions... if you are interested in speaking with me on the subject or know anyone that might like to contribute, please get in touch, I would be delighted to hear from you.

Emma Sheridan
    emmas@zigzag.uk.com

Another of Emma's documentaries, this time for BBC (from femalefirst.co.uk):

Ever found yourself fantasing about sex with another woman?? Well you're not alone, 1 in 3 women admit it!!

we are holding a workshop for curious ladies who would like to get some expert advice on the 'ins and outs' of lesbian dating and sex!! Perhaps you would like to improve your technique with the ladies and have some questions you'd like answered? Maybe you feel like your inexperience is holding you back?? Learn all you need to know and more, free of charge, at a workshop on Wednesday 10th October.

If you're interested in coming along or would like to hear more, get in touch!!

Call me on 020 7017 8755 or e-mail research@zigzag.uk.com

Thanks,

Emma Sheridan
    Last edited by cuddler; 04-23-2008 at 05:29 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cuddler For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I hope everybody refuses to talk to the bitch. Then she will have to go find a real story to report on rather than some sensationalist bullshit.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bug Boy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,498 Times in 5,141 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    I lost my relationship over that ESSENSE Brazil article. It came out right before my trip with WSJ. It caused a big 3 day fight which lasted right up until 2 hours before departure. It was never the same after that until the relationship just ended..... Oh Well!!!
    Your ex wasnt fucking you well enough. If she was supplying your every sexual need, going to Brazil or DR for that matter would never enter your mind. That is the truth.
    HAVE FUN AND ENJOY LIFE!!!
    HAPPINESS TAKES WORK!!!
    FIGHT FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Chewie, get us out of here!!

OH, and I almost forgot, If I am a Post Whore then at least I am DISEASE FREE, MUTHAFUCKAS!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to blacksultan For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blacksultan View Post

Your ex wasnt fucking you well enough. If she was supplying your every sexual need, going to Brazil or DR for that matter would never enter your mind. That is the truth.
    Not necessarily so.

My every imaginable sexual need is well supplied at home. I don't do this because there's something wrong at home or there's any defect in my primary relationship. I do this because I must. There's a genetic predisposition for a man to spred it around and I'll tell everyone else exactly what I tell whomever preceded or will follow my current wife just as I told her: "As long as I'm handling our business and I remember the way home, don't fuck with me about my wind down time".

My wife comes from a polygamous society and she understands this. All women should understand this. It's a fact of nature. Any man who denies this fact is in fact attempting to redefine his nature. This doesn't work and causes stress. Strange punani from beautiful women half my age relieves stress. I choose relief.

When I was younger and trying to fit the round peg of my existence into the square hole of expectation I wasted a hell of a lot of time and energy trying to fight my nature to maintain marriages where I gave 90% to get 10%.

Fuck that! It's "me time". S.O.'s can get on the bus or jump the fuck off....no dif' to me.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    Not necessarily so.

My every imaginable sexual need is well supplied at home. I don't do this because there's something wrong at home or there's any defect in my primary relationship. I do this because I must. There's a genetic predisposition for a man to spred it around and I'll tell everyone else exactly what I tell whomever preceded or will follow my current wife just as I told her: "As long as I'm handling our business and I remember the way home, don't fuck with me about my wind down time".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cuddler View Post
    I should add that's what I've read. I haven't been there myself, so maybe you know better.
    Huh ? Maybe he knows better ????

What you read on the internet and the real world are two different things, especially about Cuba, I think you can understand why.

Continental Mike is a well respected and experienced member who has posted several reports about Cuba so I'm SURE he knows better than you...

Don't forget that a lot of us go to several different countries, not just the DR and Sosua.

Thank you.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilikenyacional For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Yeah but i thought i was bigger than that!! I guess not......

(i guess it was better it happened then before i signed on the dotted line)

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Not necessarily so.

this should be for grey not hempstead...my bad.

till you come home and she says' i think i need a vacation"... i love the eddie murphy skit wear she goes away and meets jaque st.jox... if she comes home singin.. "i shot the sheriff" time to pack your bags....
    thats what i hate about american women... even tho she is sittin pretty.. she wants more and won't look the other way to long... maybe a couple of times.... where as third world will take it as... "i must not be makin him happy", let me try harded.....
    Last edited by Dick Dawson; 04-24-2008 at 09:44 AM. Reason: Fixed ""s

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Tiburon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,498 Times in 5,141 Posts

Not necessarily so.

My wife comes from a polygamous society and she understands this. All women should understand this. It's a fact of nature. Any man who denies this fact is in fact attempting to redefine his nature. This doesn't work and causes stress. Strange punani from beautiful women half my age relieves stress. I choose relief.

When I was younger and trying to fit the round peg of my existence into the square hole of expectation I wasted a hell of a lot of time and energy trying to fight my nature to maintain marriages where I gave 90% to get 10%.

Fuck that! It's "me time". S.O.'s can get on the bus or jump the fuck off....no dif' to me.

Everything you said is true. You are right. I dont think I could just stay with one piece of pussy my whole life; I have come to this realization. I have said this before, it is like giving a kid one M & M or one Pringle and telling them he can't have anymore. That would not be a happy kid. I know my best friend is very happy with her; I can't see him cheating on his wife. I really think he may beat the odds. That is some very rare shit.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to blacksultan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,001 Times in 568 Posts

....... Any man who denies this fact is in fact attempting to redefine his nature. This doesn't work and causes stress. Strange punani from beautiful women half my age relieves stress. I choose relief.

Very profound words indeed! Especially the highlighted part

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brovo35 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 860 Posts

Everything you said is true. You are right. I dont think I could just stay with one piece of pussy my whole life; I have come to this realization. I have said this before, it is like giving a kid one M & M or one Pringle and telling them he can't have anymore. That would not be a happy kid. I know my best friend is very happy with her; I can't see him cheating on his wife. I really think he may beat the odds. That is some very rare shit.
    I tried to read this, but I really couldn't get everything in my window, made it difficult--it also gave me a headache... Moderators, can you please make this normal size for us people that don't need bifocals...

Thanks
    Last edited by DEPUTY DAWG; 04-24-2008 at 07:06 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Inconego For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

One of the valuable lessons which we should take from our friends in the D.R. is the concept of "Right here, Right now". The ability to live in and appreciate the moment. I married young (20) due to circumstances beyond my control. I was a G.I. and couldn't afford a long distance relationship when the orders came in so I did what I did and I have never regretted it. The biggest lesson I learned during the course of that first early marriage what the inevitability of change and our inate urge to resist it.

We've all been conditioned to believe in the concept of "Happily ever after" when we should have been learning about entropy. Everything in life is either in a state of renovation and rejuvenation or in a state of decay and destruction. This includes the interpersonal relationships which we develop along the way. You're either making it better or it's getting worse on iyts own. This includes relationships with Wives, Friends and Relatives. There are new and old relationships in all of our lives and they are all in various states of construction or decay.

Learning to live together is exactly like learning to dance together. At some point the steps change slightly and we are forced to adjust our step or our rhythm to accommodate our pertners. Sometimes when you lose the beat it's better to either wait for another song or to find another partner. It's all a matter of priority. How important this particular dance is to you. Even though we no longer dance together, the relationships with the exes ceased to decay when the marriages ended. Once you get to the point of doing more harm than good for one another it's time to put away the baggage and salvage the friendship or find a level of trust, adjusting our expectations for the common good.

Does this mean that marriage is a waste of time? I think not. I've learned more about myself looking through the eyes of the exes than I would have alone. I've found a lot of room for improvement, not for their benefit but for mine and that of our children. I have gained a great deal of self discipline and self awareness as the result of my marriages and I am very appreciative for the experiences.

I have also found a vast difference between the concept of "Cheating" and its reality. I have stated before that monogamy is not natural to the human male psyche. I can't speak for females but I have amassed a wealth of evidence suggesting the same holds true for them. Most of this evidence has been wiped off my dick.

Example #1:

If your wife works to increase your family income, takes great care of you, your kids, your house yet experiences a momentary indescretion with "Dexter St. Jaques" or "Jodie" or osme guy in Vegas on the girls' trip and she doesn't end up pregnant or catch some STD but comes home from her vacation rested and happy and continues to improve the quality of your life, has she "cheated?

or is it...

The wive who begrudgingly gives up sex for noone but you two or three times a month, misspends your money on frivolous shit for herself and contributes little or nothing to the family income, keeps a sloppy house and largely ignores you and the kids except for occassionally nagging, cursing and complaining?

Is the guy who earns a good income which he uses to improve the lives of his family, uses his free time to reinforce the esteem and love between himself and his wive and kids through direct emotional support, yet takes time to ground himself, playing golf or poker, fishing or hunting with male peers and getting a little trim on the side, making sure not to leave a "package" or bring one home a "cheater"?

or is it....

The guy who does just enough to get by in his career, depriving his family of substantive support, spending his evenings getting drunk and going home to treat his wife and kids in an abusive manner, denying any emotional support to either, yet remaining monogamous?

If you ask me, the failure to add to the value of a spouse's life is far more destructive than an occassional, inevitable sexual indescretion and the worst form of "cheating" imaginable.

Example #2

When I was single (in between marriages) a woman worked and put her earnings into a joint checking account with her husband, kept his house immaculate, kept herself beautiful and his nuts drained. She never complained when he played cards with his buddies all night long, went on all weekend golf and fishing trips, cooked his food, picked his shit up from the cleaners, washed his funky drawers, massaged his ego and took the cars in for service, oversaw home repairs, etc. This same woman found a few hours two nights a week to visit me for a sexual marathon which left us both wet and quivering, always returning home in time to prepare her husbands supper and listen to him while he ate it.

Was she a bad wife?

27. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So would you marry that woman? Knowing her propensity for letting another man inside her?

Your post is definitely hall of fame material, and I'll reference it in the future...

Just it's easier to speak of that theoretically, than in practice... It's the double standard.... Much of our value of women in our lives has to do with the value of their pussy, and their ability to maintain its integrity...

I agree with you in theory, but in practice, not sure...

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inconego For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Not necessarily so.

Just a question Greydread, would u be ok with your wife getting some on the side too, not trying to start something, just curious?

31. The Following User Says Thank You to milldam For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by milldam View Post
    Just a question Greydread, would u be ok with your wife getting some on the side too, not trying to start something, just curious?
    What would make you or me for that matter think she isn't, already.

The point is that neither I nor any other man should judge his woman or the quality of his relationship based on anything other than how she treats YOU. Everything else is bullshit. Life should not be about expectations. It should be about demonstrations....of support, consideration, dedication.

No wife of mine has ever doubted my dedication to them. In spite of that they change as their lives dictate over the course of the years we spent together and at some point forced me to ask the question "Are you giving more than you're getting?". If the answer is yes, it's time to confront the problem. If you can't solve the problem it's time to move on.

A man can't own a pussy. A woman can't own a dick. Period.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What would make you or me for that matter think she isn't, already.

The point is that neither I nor any other man should judge his woman or the quality of his relationship based on anything other than how she treats YOU. Everything else is bullshit. Life should not be about expectations. It should be about demonstrations....of support, consideration, dedication.

No wife of mine has ever doubted my dedication to them. In spite of that they change as their lives dictate over the course of the years we spent together and at some point forced me to ask the question "Are you giving more than you're getting?". If the answer is yes, it's time to confront the problem. If you can't solve the problem it's time to move on.

A man can't own a pussy. A woman can't own a dick. Period.
    Well number of past partners is another reason that guys may never seriously 'wife up' a hooker...

But you believe in the 'hooker with a heart of gold'?

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

Greydread,
    You show a level of self awareness that most do not posess. I'm happy that your approach works for you, though I wonder if it would work for many. It is a more evolved approach, but we are not all such evolved individuals.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information