Thread: Photo Test

Thanks
    Thanked 8,333 Times in 1,160 Posts

Photo Test

[IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/HP_Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/2008-04%20(Apr)/Yojanny/101_3275.JPG[/IMG]
    You are not special!

She is not different than the others!

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

Re: Photo Test

seems like u have to upload ya pic to a image host, such as photobucket.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kennilingus View Post
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/HP_Administrator/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/2008-04%20(Apr)/Yojanny/101_3275.JPG[/IMG]

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hemp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

or u can use ISOC's image host...VB image host.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hempstead View Post
    or u can use ISOC's image host...VB image host.
    First resize your pictures to something the board can easily handle. I would suggest a height of not more than 600 pixels and a width of not more than 800 pixels is best. You will need some simple image handling software to do this and most people have this facility on their computers.

If you cannot resize your pictures, or cannot be bothered, not to worry because the VB Image Host software will do it for you automatically, but I think it is better to do it yourself to get more control. You may also want to improve your pictures by cropping them. I find that if I crop them and resize them to 800 x 600 max they are a convenient size to store alongside the originals and ready to email to a contact if required. That way I only have to do the job once.

VB Image Host is not the best way to show your pictures quality-wise but it is the most convenient.

Click on VB Image Host near top right of menu bar top of screen.

Click on Upload an Image.

Click on Browse and navigate to the image on your local drive.

Click once on it to highlight it on your local drive and click on Open. This should cause the filename and path to be entered in the Image to Upload box on VB Image Host

Click on Browse again and navigate to the next picture you wish to upload. Repeat as above. You can enter and upload up to ten pictures in one operation.

When you have entered your 10 (or fewer) pictures click on Host It. Then wait patiently until the screen changes. You will get a brief message telling you that the image(s) is/are uploaded then you will see thumbnails of your pictures stored in VB Image Host.

By default they are Private, but by clicking on Public you can enable all members to see any picture in the Galleries if they wish. You can mix and match Public and Private pictures. Don't worry about this for illustrating your report, however, as it does not affect it.

When you are ready to illustrate your report I would open a second window for ISOC and navigate to your report in it. At the bottom of your post click on Edit. You should then have a window showing your text in HTML format with all the tags, etc.

In your first window, find the thumbnail of the first picture you wish to paste in. Copy all the code which is in the box entitled BB Code IMG including the opening and closing IMG tags and brackets. Paste this into the text of your report in the other window, overpasting where you have entered "insert photo of Fanny (or whoever)". Leave a line space above and below the image insertion.

Repeat for your other images to be inserted.

This may sound a tremendous task from my description but once you have done it once or twice and know the routine it only takes a few seconds.

Let me know if the above instructions don't make sense in your case. Now I have posted this someone may chip in with better ideas.

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thread Information