Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: 05/2008 - Cuba Libre Bar

Thanks
    Thanked 1,501 Times in 578 Posts

Re: 05/2008 - Cuba Libre Bar

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Jenny was living in Montellano as well with her cousin Jaszmine who works at Cubre Libre bar. Jenny and Jaszmine are from La Vega, so she is still probably still living with Jasamine and her family in Montellano. Unless somebody has wifed up with her. There used to be one guy from New Jersey that had a big thing for Jenny and used to come down every 6 weeks or so, I know he was trying to get her to quit the bar so he could have her all for himself, maybe that is what happened.
    I believe Jasmine is still in Montellano but as of the other day Jenny was still living in Sosua, she said she quit working El Flow because there was not enough money but i really think she just quit because the boss would not let her off to go to La Vega for carnival(she is from LaVega), i think the money dude finally wised up, but not sure as she still likes to keep most stuff semi on the DL (maybe the guy is reading this, oops)

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elsucio For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,294 Times in 3,816 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ErikS View Post
    Just came out of the gym and bumped into Fred (owner of the Cuba Libre Bar) passing out these flyers.

Sounds good. I think I'll stop by there tomorrow evening. The Cuba Libre Bar is always a lot of fun.

Stopped by the Cuba Libre Bar last night for the BBQ.

Fred had a pretty good crowd there. And the food was delicious. Real "Memphis style" BBQ......................................

...dry rubbed ribs and beer can chicken.

The only comment is that the food is served more as an "tasting" appetizer than a meal:
    Ribs served one at a time in 2 inch pieces.
    Chicken "pulled" off the bone and served on White Castle style small buns with sauce.
    And corn on the cob cut into one inch pieces.

So after we had our "tasting" both Tony and myself had to go for pizza to fill our stomachs!
    Also bumped into Jimbo there with a few of his friends.

But as I said, it was delicious, and I'll try out his BBQ stand when it opens on the beach in Casita # 109.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ErikS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Assuming the gentleman at the grill is "Big D", I see where he got his name from. I think he has sampled his own cooking, so I know it must be good. Did he give you an expected date for his opening on the beach, would love to taste some of the southern BBQ.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,012 Times in 800 Posts

"D" would probably do well just to offer full meals for a price as a regular feature...or maybe that's in the works when he gets his shop up and running.

I'm sure once word of mouth spreads - as it is now - Wednesday's at Fred's will be a nice starting off point: blues, Southern style chicken & ribs, karaoke & some cute chicas - makes for a good warmup before hitting the main part of the strip.

Life is not about weathering the storm; but rather knowing how to dance in the rain.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to carolinajack For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Glad to see a brother from the states doing it. Met Fred this past monday night and he was a great guy to talk with. Every time I'm in Sosua he'll have some of my business. Hey Fred hope you got the pictures I sent you.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mkitreal For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread Information