Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like money in Sosua is not for pampers and milk anymore

Thanks

Looks like money in Sosua is not for pampers and milk anymore

From El National

SOSUA, Dominican Republic. – The local parish priest today said residents here are “alarmed and afraid” as drug trafficking has taken hold of everything and asked “to resume the sense of authority.”

San Antonio de Padua church priest Bernardo Vásquez said individuals dedicated to narcotics traffic and consumption have the control of the community, “because there are places where with the fall of night Police don’t even dare enter.”

He said in an intense shootout Sunday night more than 300 rounds were fired. “This seemed a Vietnam.”

The prelate said people are so scared that church meetings must end at 8 at night because the people are afraid to walk the streets at that hour. “Drug trafficking has the control of Sosúa and this isn’t within the reach of Police”.

He said those linked to drugs “don’t care if they cut anyone’s throat. What’s need is for the authorities to put their pants on.”

Source: elnacional.com.do

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bachag For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Re: Looks like money in Sosua is not for pampers and milk anymore

The residents call the police, toy soldiers, they have no real purpose except to extort tourists.
    I've offended you.....goood

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Birthday Re: Looks like money in Sosua is not for pampers and milk anymore

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    The residents call the police, toy soldiers, they have no real purpose except to extort tourists.
    ....with their rusty guns and less than uniform uniforms

This is a "Banana Republic". When the big wind comes and shuts down the thin vestiges of "civilization" it will revert to its original state. Anyone been to Grenada, lately? Listen to the Outlaw Josey Wales "Jah, Jah Move".

Why do we travel with expectations of our destinations conforming to us? I like it there just as it is and I don't think that there's any danger of it changing much in our lifetime. If I wanted Walt Disney World, I'd take my ass to Orlando....
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 688 Posts

What the fuck is the difference here in the U.S. LARRY DAVIS selling drugs for the police or midtown south police running a prostitution ring down the block from the pct....Cop's taking drug money bribes etc....... And let's not forget about the GOAT in hunts point run by the police total whorehouse......

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tony Badabing For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,194 Times in 860 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    Sounds like the norm for 3rd world police forces...

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

Ever been to Kingston, Jamaica?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

its out in the open now in the tourist area...the goverment will get this under control atleast im thinking???

dominican billy, Mr. Happy? any thoughts? since you guys live around this.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Well....

The North coast in general is one of Leonel's favorite areas, so I'd guess we're going to see another of their "changing of the guard" very soon, along with the raids and mass arrests you hear about every so often.

The police have tons of undercover agents and sympathizers, and once they have a ID on the worse of the worse, they'll go in and round them up.

With conditions the way they are, every year or so, a whole new group of delinquents come of age, and the cycle gets repeated over and over again.

But drugs are definitely making their mark on this country. The amount of drugs that is being caught coming in is staggering, and the belief is that they are not even scratching the surface.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

When I first started coming here drugs traveled through the DR and not all that much stayed down here. Bachag is write most girls used to work for leche and pampers, now many work for drugs. . . .. that is one of the main reasons I am less likely to monger than go out with non pros.

I see many people with druegd out eyes in almost any disco. Back in the day De Noche was the only place where I saw that. . . .

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 670 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bachag View Post
    From El National

SOSUA, Dominican Republic. – The local parish priest today said residents here are “alarmed and afraid” as drug trafficking has taken hold of everything and asked “to resume the sense of authority.”

San Antonio de Padua church priest Bernardo Vásquez said individuals dedicated to narcotics traffic and consumption have the control of the community, “because there are places where with the fall of night Police don’t even dare enter.”

He said in an intense shootout Sunday night more than 300 rounds were fired. “This seemed a Vietnam.”

The prelate said people are so scared that church meetings must end at 8 at night because the people are afraid to walk the streets at that hour. “Drug trafficking has the control of Sosúa and this isn’t within the reach of Police”.

He said those linked to drugs “don’t care if they cut anyone’s throat. What’s need is for the authorities to put their pants on.”

Source: elnacional.com.do
    The hard fact is....the drug importers OWN HAITI and they are now moving to the DR (U.S. DEA fact). The government of the DR has no loyalty amongst it's troops because they don't get paid...they are cheap to buy off....I saw the same thing in Colombia in the early 80's and now the place is......well, we know the risks we take.

Kingston is not the safest place in the Caribbean, but then again, "back in the day"....neither was Norman's, Chubb or Staniel Cays or Long Island in the Bahamas....Bimini today, while it boasts some new "rich mo fo" development, has a very seedy underlying tone at night...South Bimini WAS the place! (ha ha ha)

For those that have lived it, the shit in the DR is nothing new...keep your nose clean, stay out of the way and mind you're own business...for those "city boys" who think the hood was/is dangerous....consider your trips to the DR an "E-ticket ride"....you ain't seen shit yet!

If you remember MIAMI in the 80's was a drug (cocaine) smuggler's town...SCARFACE and MIAMI VICE was a daily deal.....travel smart, stay safe.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to El Capitan For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Our own on site, not so undercover operatives have just illustrated a phenomenon which plagues not only the D.R. but many other former drug routes, especially Mexico, Colombia, Panama, Jamaica and most of Central America. The U.S. has sold it's drug interdiction effort so successfully in Latin America that those drugs have bottlenecked in their former way stations. This was huge in Mexico and Panama back in 2000.

Frustrated by their inability to move their product using established pipelines, the drug cartels were faced to create local markets where the shipments ended. They gave, then sold drugs to school kids with total disregard for anything but minimizing their losses. This exacerbated the already extreme problems of poverty, lawlessness and hopelessness in parts of the country which had formerly enjoyed profits from that very same drug trade.

Mark my word. Oaxaca and the Yucatan states will secede as the government repression is overwhelmed by people who won't take it any more. Zapatecs were growing Marijuana which was being shipped out of the jungles by the government on Hueys, twice daily. I was at a bank in Mitla and saw a very tiny Zapotec elder with one tooth in his mouth who spoke no Spanish deposit more $100 bills than he could hold in one hand with his 7 year old granddaughter acting as interpreter. Now that's stopped and the natives are once again restless. The repercussions of change in Mexico will be felt throughout Latin America.

I hate to bring up old issues again but the reason for Hugo Chavez' message resonating so clearly across the Latin American landscape is that the historically despotic governments of these countries will never pursue true democratic principles and allow proper proportional represenation to replace their "rich get richer" version of governance. I just hope that we can collectively, politically wake up in time to lead a dialogue and avert the developing head on collision of cultures. One World, gentlemen.

Anyone wondering why the Maya Calendar counts down to the end of time as we know it (21 Decmber 2012) and all that befell it's civilization was foretold, yet happened anyway?

http://www.azteccalendar.com/downloads.html

20. The Following User Says Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 670 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    1) Our own on site, not so undercover operatives have just illustrated a phenomenon which plagues not only the D.R. but many other former drug routes,

2) Anyone wondering why the Maya Calendar counts down to the end of time as we know it (21 Decmber 2012) and all that befell it's civilization was foretold, yet happened anyway?

http://www.azteccalendar.com/downloads.html
    Item 1) Whatcha talkin bout Willis?

Item 2) Yep I'm with ya here....which is why it's time to start the party!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 967 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hempstead View Post
    its out in the open now in the tourist area...the goverment will get this under control atleast im thinking???

dominican billy, Mr. Happy? any thoughts? since you guys live around this.
    \

thank God , all this action around the drug war that is happening in Sosua takes place in areas where tourist do not go anymore..in Charamicos, close to the barrio La Piedra. It happend Sunday night and the imediate response was that Drug enforcement agents from Santo Domingo and Santiago were moved in last night big time and were making massive, brutal arrests all day and all night all over Sosua. By now I guess it is very quiet and calm in the barrios coz they shipped all the "tigueres" to jail for the moment.
    The important thing is that El Batey , the main tourist area here in Sosua has not been affected by the drug war, it is just about territory in the barrios.

23. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jensenspecial For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jensenspecial View Post
    \

thank God , all this action around the drug war that is happening in Sosua takes place in areas where tourist do not go anymore..in Charamicos, close to the barrio La Piedra. It happend Sunday night and the imediate response was that Drug enforcement agents from Santo Domingo and Santiago were moved in last night big time and were making massive, brutal arrests all day and all night all over Sosua. By now I guess it is very quiet and calm in the barrios coz they shipped all the "tigueres" to jail for the moment.
    The important thing is that El Batey , the main tourist area here in Sosua has not been affected by the drug war, it is just about territory in the barrios.

Heh heh, go back and read post # 8 (mine)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

From what people have posted here and on DR1 some of the gunfight started on Pedro Clisante and moved into Charamicos with a body being dumped in Monte Llano.

Theres a lot of people looking for the easy money in the DR. Selling drugs is one way they can make it.

I've also noticed quite a few of the chicas who hang out in the discos have coke habits also.

I'm sure the dealers are also frequenting Classicos, Latinos etc at night. Even street level and mid level dealers bring the potential for problems.

I'm sure none of us want to be around stray bullets over some turf war in Merengue Bar or Sosua Life.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,597 Times in 967 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    From what people have posted here and on DR1 some of the gunfight started on Pedro Clisante and moved into Charamicos with a body being dumped in Monte Llano.

Theres a lot of people looking for the easy money in the DR. Selling drugs is one way they can make it.

I've also noticed quite a few of the chicas who hang out in the discos have coke habits also.

I'm sure the dealers are also frequenting Classicos, Latinos etc at night. Even street level and mid level dealers bring the potential for problems.

I'm sure none of us want to be around stray bullets over some turf war in Merengue Bar or Sosua Life.
    there has not been any shoot-out action in El Batey only in Charamicos, and that has been going on for 2 years...let us stick to the truth....

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jensenspecial For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Last night there was a major crackdown in the barrios in Cabarete.
    Many busted, I know 1 girl (recreational coke user) had her entire family arrested including, mother, father and grandmother as of 5pm today they are all still in jail.
    Should be an interesting weekend.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

The information is posted on DR1 and El Batey was included...

http://www.dr1.com/forums/north-coas...ecrackers.html

Supposedly there were shots fired in El Batey as well at the beginning of the first incident.

"Last night there were some heavy fire works around Cheramigos, or at least it
    sounded like it.
    This morning our guard told me that it was a fire fight that started in El Batey,
    went to Cheramigos and on to Montellano. Tonight he stated that 2 people
    were killed in Cheramigos and one in Montellano.
    Does any body have any information on this? If it was a fire fight, there must
    have been many people envolved in it.
    We are getting almost nightly shots being fired around Cheramigos but this
    last night, if it was a fight, it was a war."

"I was in El Batey having dinner at La Costera when it happened,when at around 9.20 4-5 shots were heard about 30 m from the place...the restaurant owner went out to investigate min after it happened...later on I was told that it was drugs related ( la quarenta )"

"Heard it also, but I think it was more than 4-5 shots... regardless scarrrry. I am sure the police will investigate this case in a professional manner."

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jensenspecial View Post
    there has not been any shoot-out action in El Batey only in Charamicos, and that has been going on for 2 years...let us stick to the truth....
    LAST Sunday/Monday, I saw the police picking up guys on the two streets around Europa (all young kids being tossed into the back of the truck).

Also seeing a lot of kids walking around like their gang-bangers.

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tony Toca For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

hey Toca...i notice you do alot of stealth missions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toca View Post
    LAST Sunday/Monday, I saw the police picking up guys on the two streets around Europa (all young kids being tossed into the back of the truck).

Also seeing a lot of kids walking around like their gang-bangers.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemp For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information