Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looks like money in Sosua is not for pampers and milk anymore

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Re: Looks like money in Sosua is not for pampers and milk anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toca View Post
    LAST Sunday/Monday, I saw the police picking up guys on the two streets around Europa (all young kids being tossed into the back of the truck).

Also seeing a lot of kids walking around like their gang-bangers.

They do have Dominican Bloods on Pedro Clisante.
    I've offended you.....goood

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Things still seem to be a little heated up if we add Chicaseeka's incident into the mix also.

I can remember trips where I heard stories of people being killed while I was in town but not nearly as many shootouts as I am hearing about lately.

Hope the cops get things under control so it can be back to business as usual.

We all know how well the US government and police did with their war on drugs. Hopefully things get cleaned up.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,495 Times in 1,330 Posts

a chica was telling me that the Sosua cops were too corrupto and that was why these incidents were on the rise and she also said, as reported here, that they brought a new force from Santo Domingo and they're supposed to be nasty in cleaning shit up.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 893 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Toca View Post

They are gang bangers; they recruit other kids, hold packages, and sell to gringos who know what time it is (4:20) and want to get wet without going to the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post

Hope the cops get things under control so it can be back to business as usual.

We all know how well the US government and police did with their war on drugs. Hopefully things get cleaned up.
    Drugs and killing are business as usual (for almost every country). The "explosion of drugs" on the scene is not real there always have been and always will be drugs and the people that control them (legal and illegal).

Quote Originally Posted by BCell View Post
    a chica was telling me that the Sosua cops were too corrupto and that was why these incidents were on the rise and she also said, as reported here, that they brought a new force from Santo Domingo and they're supposed to be nasty in cleaning shit up.
    It takes a wolf to catch a wolf (if you never bread sheep dogs).
    Lecciones de la vida:

Si le das la mano te cojen el brazo entero
    Mas jala tiene un pelo de toto, que una junta de bueyes
    El día que la mierda tenga algún valor, los pobres nacerán sin culo
    Si la vida te da la espalda... Tócale el culo
    Amore de lejos, amor de pendejos

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Corrado For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Incogneg View Post
    Sounds like the norm for 3rd world police forces...

Actually , they exist to extort locals who serve tourists as they are
    generally afraid of anyone that has lighter skin than them.

Obviously, Hatians dont count!

Happy hunting!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    They do have Dominican Bloods on Pedro Clisante.
    This is not a problem.... those kids (gang bangers)... if they dont have
    the correct last names or come from the correct barrio... will simply
    disappear of be the next police stated exchange of gunfire...

Happy Hunting

Thanks

Yeah, I also noticed this. Like 12 year olds dressed as gangbangers hanging around the discos at 2 am. In a few years these kids will be a lot of trouble.....
    El Hijo del Santo, El deseo de las mujeres, La enviada de los hombres, Polvo por el pueblo, Piedras por las ninas, Libertad por los Capos, La esperanza de Sosua, El Sindico de tu vida!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jd_mine For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd_mine View Post
    Yeah, I also noticed this. Like 12 year olds dressed as gangbangers hanging around the discos at 2 am. In a few years these kids will be a lot of trouble.....
    Maybe, maybe not. There the cops can toss them a beating for good measure.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks

One of these 12 year olds even approached me agressively, saying my sunglasses were fuckin cheapy cheapy! I told him they cost more than he would ever make in a month.........but I saw that same kid get his ass beaten by a puta the night before:-)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Are these the same kids who hang out with the kids who lived across the street from the Palace? Sounds like there little group. If its them a few of them speak english. The problem is the way some of them use it is quite rude by American standards.

They like to joke around with the tourists and can be quite rude at times.

Theres a few of them that are good kids just hanging around with a bad element.

Thanks

Nah, the Palace kids I've known for 5 years, they never are any problem.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,215 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jensenspecial View Post
    \

thank God , all this action around the drug war that is happening in Sosua takes place in areas where tourist do not go anymore..in Charamicos, close to the barrio La Piedra. It happend Sunday night and the imediate response was that Drug enforcement agents from Santo Domingo and Santiago were moved in last night big time and were making massive, brutal arrests all day and all night all over Sosua. By now I guess it is very quiet and calm in the barrios coz they shipped all the "tigueres" to jail for the moment.
    The important thing is that El Batey , the main tourist area here in Sosua has not been affected by the drug war, it is just about territory in the barrios.
    I happened to be in Charamico's at the time of the raids. It was a very weird and eerie experience.

The cops came out in force 60-70 all equipped in black uniforms, bulletproof jackets and REAL guns. They also had the services of 7-8 jeeps.

They stormed through the streets (in a uniform fashion) and arrested 25-30 suspected drug dealers.

I asked residents in the street, why there was such a massive showing of force, and they said that it was in response to the recent homicides, as a result of the drug trade. Also, that innocent bystanders were getting injured as a result of this drug influence.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Juggles For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

times like these i wish Rocky (marco) was still posting on the board...he's accurate when it comes to the going on down in sosua.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Hemp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,208 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dondi135 View Post
    And let's not forget about the GOAT in hunts point run by the police total whorehouse......
    Hey Dondi, I had a blast back in the days in that joint. Love it and miss going there terribly...
    Last edited by Jimmydr; 06-05-2008 at 10:33 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Berzin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jensenspecial View Post
    \

thank God , all this action around the drug war that is happening in Sosua takes place in areas where tourist do not go anymore..in Charamicos, close to the barrio La Piedra. It happend Sunday night and the imediate response was that Drug enforcement agents from Santo Domingo and Santiago were moved in last night big time and were making massive, brutal arrests all day and all night all over Sosua. By now I guess it is very quiet and calm in the barrios coz they shipped all the "tigueres" to jail for the moment.
    The important thing is that El Batey , the main tourist area here in Sosua has not been affected by the drug war, it is just about territory in the barrios.
    peter, since you have been down there long enough to have seen this over and over again,, could ya explain what good could possibly come from this?? i just got back and was witness to most of this shit goin on...killings in the street and so on...i also heard a "head drug dealer" was killed by these so called DEA from santo domingo and dragged thru the streets of charrimico as to say "this could be you".. and as you mentioned there "jailed for the moment"..to me this is a band aid..how long before they start hiding in el batey????

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 688 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juggle View Post
    I happened to be in Charamico's at the time of the raids. It was a very weird and eerie experience.

The cops came out in force 60-70 all equipped in black uniforms, bulletproof jackets and REAL guns. They also had the services of 7-8 jeeps.

They stormed through the streets (in a uniform fashion) and arrested 25-30 suspected drug dealers.

I asked residents in the street, why there was such a massive showing of force, and they said that it was in response to the recent homicides, as a result of the drug trade. Also, that innocent bystanders were getting injured as a result of this drug influence.

Cop using real gun's no way............... had to fuck with you on that one j...........lol

Thanks
    Thanked 2,086 Times in 688 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Berzin View Post
    Hey Dondi, I had a blast back in the days in that joint. Love it and miss going there terribly...

Who wouldn't miss that 100 girl's walking around butt ass naked 5 dollar lap dances 20 dollar cbj and 40 to 50 to fuck depending on your game.... Yes i still dream about that place when I sleep sometime's.....

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Well whatever the case they are trying to clean things up, it may just be a temporary bandaid but almost all of the police in Sosua Puerta Plata and Cabarete have been replaced under the corruption allegations. Which means they are being watched and for a while things will calm down. The guy in charge of the National Police changed all of the police in Sosua. His ass is officially on the line, and he is being watched and he knows it. Their stated priority is to make sure that peace is restored to the tourist area. In other words dead bodies and random gunshots ain't good for business. They realize if it continues tourism slows down and so does that tourist dollar, which still is important to them. In the meantime keep your head down.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Well whatever the case they are trying to clean things up, it may just be a temporary bandaid but almost all of the police in Sosua Puerta Plata and Cabarete have been replaced under the corruption allegations. Which means they are being watched and for a while things will calm down. The guy in charge of the National Police changed all of the police in Sosua. His ass is officially on the line, and he is being watched and he knows it. Their stated priority is to make sure that peace is restored to the tourist area. In other words dead bodies and random gunshots ain't good for business. They realize if it continues tourism slows down and so does that tourist dollar, which still is important to them. In the meantime keep your head down.
    Thanks for the update and good seeing you again buddy!!

Maybe next time we can head over to Santiago and check out that place you were telling me about!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information