Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 05/2008 - Sea Breeze Hotel

Thanks
    Thanked 3,768 Times in 930 Posts

Re: 05/2008 - Sea Breeze Hotel

you need to go and find out, you might be supprised
    traveling the world in search of chicas, good friends and liveing life as if every day were my last

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

stayed at the Sea Breeze from feb.26-mar12.....I usually stay at the new garden but it was full up...I e-mailed them saying I was ISOC member and friend of wilfred....got a reply within a couple days and cofirmed the dates within two more days...recieved reversation # in the email reply... no problems...G-Had is a easy guy to deal with....staff speak excellent english..had pics but lost a memory card ... one of those drunken nites..
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Citynights View Post
    stayed at the Sea Breeze from feb.26-mar12.....I usually stay at the new garden but it was full up...I e-mailed them saying I was ISOC member and friend of wilfred....got a reply within a couple days and cofirmed the dates within two more days...recieved reversation # in the email reply... no problems...G-Had is a easy guy to deal with....staff speak excellent english..had pics but lost a memory card ... one of those drunken nites..
    I hope that lost memory card didnt also have your chica pics

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cainer View Post
    I hope that lost memory card didnt also have your chica pics
    yes I did loose some chica pics but most of pics ...are same as Jimbo44
    will post soon on my trip have downloaded my pics...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks

is the only way to get in touch with the seabreeze to call? i tried e-mailing them but it bounced back.

edit: nevermind even with the bounce back i received a response a few hours later.. so don't be alarmed if your initial email to them bounces back, i guess.
    Last edited by infa; 04-06-2009 at 07:20 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to infa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,743 Times in 643 Posts

Clap Re: 05/2008 - Sea Breeze Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by infanticide View Post
    is the only way to get in touch with the seabreeze to call? i tried e-mailing them but it bounced back. edit: nevermind even with the bounce back i received a response a few hours later.. so don't be alarmed if your initial email to them bounces back, i guess.
    Gihad stays on top of the e-mail, checks and re-checks all day long... that is until he goes to Flow and gets his Benedicta on. Damned guy drinks a chick drink and tries to pass it off as cool.. LOL.

He's still got the place full, looking good, and spends time looking out for his guests on Pedro Clisante.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was searching for something else on the site and I happened upon this thread. I can't say enough good things about the Sea Breeze. I'm probably gonna sound like a shill for this place but I'm not. JDR has met me. I've stayed there four times this year and I'm not too easy to please.

The most important aspect is that Jihad runs the place as much as an American hotel as he can, under Dominican circumstances.

The bed sheets are changed everyday (yes-I checked this by marking my sheets), used soap is replaced everyday, his staff has a high level of integrity (I've heard stories that I'm not going to repeat), he has continuous power (he has his own generator that he runs - this last trip he came close to rationing the power only because the fuel supplier was going to ration fuel to him), the air conditioners are kick ass, he's got standard cable tv, the water pressure is great and there is a lot more hot water than many of the other hotels I've stayed at, his pool is always sparkling clean, he now has 24 hour soda, beer, water, etc., the grounds are landscaped and manicured, the staff strictly adheres to security protocol (no chica inside without a cedulla; and they can't leave the grounds unless you give the ok for them to leave).

And last but not least, he treats his guests like friends and with respect. For example, he's taken more than one person for medical attention when they needed it and he is always very helpful with the guests' needs.

I highly recommend this hotel.

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Train Kept a Rollin2000 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Train Kept a Rollin2000 View Post
    I was searching for something else on the site and I happened upon this thread. I can't say enough good things about the Sea Breeze. I'm probably gonna sound like a shill for this place but I'm not. JDR has met me. I've stayed there four times this year and I'm not too easy to please.

The most important aspect is that Jihad runs the place as much as an American hotel as he can, under Dominican circumstances.

The bed sheets are changed everyday (yes-I checked this by marking my sheets), used soap is replaced everyday, his staff has a high level of integrity (I've heard stories that I'm not going to repeat), he has continuous power (he has his own generator that he runs - this last trip he came close to rationing the power only because the fuel supplier was going to ration fuel to him), the air conditioners are kick ass, he's got standard cable tv, the water pressure is great and there is a lot more hot water than many of the other hotels I've stayed at, his pool is always sparkling clean, he now has 24 hour soda, beer, water, etc., the grounds are landscaped and manicured, the staff strictly adheres to security protocol (no chica inside without a cedulla; and they can't leave the grounds unless you give the ok for them to leave).

And last but not least, he treats his guests like friends and with respect. For example, he's taken more than one person for medical attention when they needed it and he is always very helpful with the guests' needs.

I agree with everything you said, except for one point.

I have never heard of a fuel supplier rationing fuel. That one doesn't hold water.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post

I have never heard of a fuel supplier rationing fuel. That one doesn't hold water.
    You are right Mr Happy, that doesn't sound to realistic.

I have never had any issues with Jihad.. Only issue I currently have is the safes. Have they been replaced is my main question. Still we have no definite answer that is current.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

At the time (this past November, around the 11th or so) there was a major power outage (I know, nothing new) that lasted a long time and covered a wide area. The explanation was that many people were using generators and thus the fuel became a commodity very much in demand (think back to 1970's fuel "shortage"). I trust Jihad and saw no reason for him to lie, especially when he is not cheap in spending money on the hotel and it's necessities. Jihad made sure the hotel's generators were running when other hotels weren't, all the while I heard him tell the maid to leave the ac on in a room where the guy likes it like that. I don't find it too outrageous that the fuel supplier was looking to get paid a little extra for his fuel because it was then in demand, especially from a guy like Jihad who always runs his generator when needed.

Suffice it to say, I don't think anybody has anything bad to say about the guy or his hotel. Ans that's why I'm going to stay there again when I return in a couple of weeks.

And to answer your question about the safes - he has the same safes now as were there when I stayed there in February and June.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Train Kept a Rollin2000 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

I don't find it too outrageous that the fuel supplier was looking to get paid a little extra for his fuel because it was then in demand, especially from a guy like Jihad who always runs his generator when needed.

Suffice it to say, I don't think anybody has anything bad to say about the guy or his hotel. Ans that's why I'm going to stay there again when I return in a couple of weeks.
    For what it's worth, no supplier is trying to get paid "a little extra" for his fuel. Quite the contrary. Fuel suppliers frequently offer discounts on fuel to get people to buy from them.

I personally get Diesel fuel at 10 pesos less a gallon than what folks pay at the pump, and with 15 day terms.

It's been quite a while since the DR has experienced any fuel shortages.

If Jihad's supplier was telling him that, he was pulling his leg. He needs to find another supplier.(and negotiate a discount, if he doesn't have one already)

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

For what it's worth, no supplier is trying to get paid "a little extra" for his fuel. Quite the contrary. Fuel suppliers frequently offer discounts on fuel to get people to buy from them.

I personally get Diesel fuel at 10 pesos less a gallon than what folks pay at the pump, and with 15 day terms.

It's been quite a while since the DR has experienced any fuel shortages.

If Jihad's supplier was telling him that, he was pulling his leg. He needs to find another supplier.(and negotiate a discount, if he doesn't have one already)
    It was a simple matter of supply and demand of fuel and it appeared that Jihad almost fell victim to fuel price gouging, which does happen during times of high demand, in contrast to the situation you describe representing times of supply exceeding demand, and this is all really irrelevant to the review of the Sea Breeze Hotel.

The hotel is a well run, clean, secure affordable place to stay in Sosua. Nuff said. Thanks.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Train Kept a Rollin2000 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

And to answer your question about the safes - he has the same safes now as were there when I stayed there in February and June.
    Since YOU brought it up, what Make and Model # Safe would that be ??

and this "fuel (ie diesel) rationing" story is the biggest bunch of BS I have ever heard. If there was rationing going on, I think we would have heard about it. Truckers & ships use a lot more diesel than all the generators in the Dr combined, running all at once.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

At the time (this past November, around the 11th or so) there was a major power outage (I know, nothing new) that lasted a long time and covered a wide area. The explanation was that many people were using generators and thus the fuel became a commodity very much in demand (think back to 1970's fuel "shortage"). I trust Jihad and saw no reason for him to lie, especially when he is not cheap in spending money on the hotel and it's necessities. Jihad made sure the hotel's generators were running when other hotels weren't, all the while I heard him tell the maid to leave the ac on in a room where the guy likes it like that. I don't find it too outrageous that the fuel supplier was looking to get paid a little extra for his fuel because it was then in demand, especially from a guy like Jihad who always runs his generator when needed.

Just to agree then that you are not being a shill as You put it. I am not a schill for anyone either but the sentry $20 Locking Letter Boxes intended as fireproof boxes to protect documents that have been pic'd in many posts are NOT safes.
    Bolted to a shelf and easily opened proven many times and ways ENOUGH said.

Whatever works for you great. Some of us are into our security and don't want or need to have to run to an ATM everyday. Peace
    Just Doing It

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

how did you guys rsvp? did you email or did you call? I sent an email to seabreeze, hopefully there are rooms available in January 2010

28. The Following User Says Thank You to jimrock187 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimrock187 View Post
    how did you guys rsvp? did you email or did you call? I sent an email to seabreeze, hopefully there are rooms available in January 2010
    I recently made a reservation via email: admin@hotelseabreezesosuadr.com

I was given a reservation number so it seems pretty well organized.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Just to agree then that you are not being a shill as You put it. I am not a schill for anyone either but the sentry $20 Locking Letter Boxes intended as fireproof boxes to protect documents that have been pic'd in many posts are NOT safes.
    Bolted to a shelf and easily opened proven many times and ways ENOUGH said.

Whatever works for you great. Some of us are into our security and don't want or need to have to run to an ATM everyday. Peace

They sell the type of safes he needs just down the street at the department store for $85 each.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daddyooo View Post
    They sell the type of safes he needs just down the street at the department store for $85 each.

Click to see pic
    You would think that with how they are pretty full all the time, that they'd be able to afford the upgrade! I mean even if they added an additional $ 5 a night to help make back the investment, I would have no issue with that for the added security.

For the value, customer service and security.. I still say the New Garden wins hands down! Sea Breeze would be much closer with a simple fix of the safes. IMHO.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3somefan View Post
    You would think that with how they are pretty full all the time, that they'd be able to afford the upgrade! I mean even if they added an additional $ 5 a night to help make back the investment, I would have no issue with that for the added security.

For the value, customer service and security.. I still say the New Garden wins hands down! Sea Breeze would be much closer with a simple fix of the safes. IMHO.
    I love the part about the confirmation number
    I have an old Guest Tracker Program I would love to sell him left over from my resort days.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Can someone tell me exactly where this hotel is located. I though it was located on the same block as New Garden but accross the street in the opposite direction of Rockys. However according to the website it is not. Can someone direct me to this hotel from NG.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information