Thread: New Garden Hotel (SOP)

Thanks

New Garden Hotel (SOP)

Can someone please drop the Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) for booking a room at the New Garden Hotel?

I made a reservation via e-mail for August 7 thru August 10... However, I got a reply stating that a room has been reserved in my name. Is this the correct protocol?

I could not find the New Garden Hotel via Expedia, Orbitz or any of the major online travel agent sites.

I'm used to booking via Orbitz, Expedia, etc... They always want the money up front and guarantee the reservation. "I don't want to arrive in Puerto Plata with luggage and no room"

HELP???

Thanks,
    Brotha Love

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

Re: New Garden Hotel (SOP)

your better off doing your reservations and confirmation "spot checks" with the staff at old faithful new garden via phone

http://www.newgardenhotel.net/eng/contatti.htm

call and make the reservation...and then call once a week to confirm your spot with them leading up to your trip. i would also call the day before you Jump to confirm also.

when it comes to New Garden...confirm, confirm, confirm!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brothalove View Post
    Can someone please drop the Standard Operation Procedure (SOP) for booking a room at the New Garden Hotel?

I made a reservation via e-mail for August 7 thru August 10... However, I got a reply stating that a room has been reserved in my name. Is this the correct protocol?

I could not find the New Garden Hotel via Expedia, Orbitz or any of the major online travel agent sites.

I'm used to booking via Orbitz, Expedia, etc... They always want the money up front and guarantee the reservation. "I don't want to arrive in Puerto Plata with luggage and no room"

HELP???

Thanks,
    Brotha Love

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hemp For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the advice and headz up................. I don't wanna be stranded in Sosua!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 466 Posts

Yeah, New Garden is under the "relaxed reservation" system. Everything is informal and you will probably have a room now, unlike several months ago.

Generally an email will suffice to Wilifried, with periodic reminders as your dates approach. Mention you are with ISOC and want the ISOC rate. This will kick you in the head, each time I settle up the day that I leave. Nothing like Orbitz. Have fun man.

example:

from hotel.garden <hotel.garden@codetel.net.do>
    to bjlover
    date Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 12:59 PM
    subject Re: ISOC Reservations!
    mailed-by codetel.net.do

Hello bjlover,
    thanks for your reservation,

we confirm: 2 rooms first floor, for mar. 27th to 31st. ( 4 nights ),
    the ISOC rate is US$ 50.00 a night, including breakfast and lock box,

bye
    Wilfried

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to B_J_Lover For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Orbitz.
    I had a very bad experience with them, stateside. Would Never use them again.
    Reserved a room, showed up Late eve, around 8 pm ? The hotel said sorry we cancelled your reservations ? I say ok, you got another room, they say No . Ok, I didnt like the place anyway, didnt sign anything, and simply walked OUT, went to another hotel, nicer and paid about the same.
    Didnt think about it any further, get the Credit card bill, they try to not only bill for THAT night, or a cenellation fee, but for the enire 3 FULL NIGHTS.
    I didnt stay there even a single night. So now Im pissed. I disputed the WHOLE charge(like $250 bucks as I recall ), cancelled the # as stolen. Fuck Orbitz.
    They have some whacky small print I never bothered to read. Where the fuck do they get off charging you for the entire booking if the hotel cancelled it and you never even stayed there ? Or was the hotel trying to scam both me and Orbitz ? I never bothered to find out, but You should not have to be a lawyer, to book a freakin room.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That's what I am talking about.... Good information!!!

Quote Originally Posted by B_J_Lover View Post
    Yeah, New Garden is under the "relaxed reservation" system. Everything is informal and you will probably have a room now, unlike several months ago.

Generally an email will suffice to Wilifried, with periodic reminders as your dates approach. Mention you are with ISOC and want the ISOC rate. This will kick you in the head, each time I settle up the day that I leave. Nothing like Orbitz. Have fun man.

example:

from hotel.garden <hotel.garden@codetel.net.do>
    to bjlover
    date Wed, Dec 19, 2007 at 12:59 PM
    subject Re: ISOC Reservations!
    mailed-by codetel.net.do

Hello bjlover,
    thanks for your reservation,

we confirm: 2 rooms first floor, for mar. 27th to 31st. ( 4 nights ),
    the ISOC rate is US$ 50.00 a night, including breakfast and lock box,

bye
    Wilfried

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jay_t For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How far is the New Garden Hotel from the action? Classico, etc... Is talent hanging around the pool @ New Garden?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

How far is the New Garden Hotel from the action? Classico, etc... Is talent hanging around the pool @ New Garden?

a 5 minute walk, maybe.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 670 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Orbitz.
    Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity......I don't get it (cuz I'm an idiot I guess). I have never scored with any of them.

Recent trip to FLL, the rate on Hotels.com was $10 higher than on the hotel website! Recent Wyndham stay...booked direct on the hotel site, hit the desk, said I was there on business and they gave me a corporate rate even LESS than what I was payin....

I dunno...listening to space men (Shatner/Expedia) and trolls (Travelocity) don't work for me neither.....HOWEVER...dare I say, the BEST DR HOTEL ADVICE...ISOC, JimmyDR & Cheeeeeeeeeeno...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to El Capitan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El Capitan View Post
    Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity......I don't get it (cuz I'm an idiot I guess). I have never scored with any of them.

Recent trip to FLL, the rate on Hotels.com was $10 higher than on the hotel website! Recent Wyndham stay...booked direct on the hotel site, hit the desk, said I was there on business and they gave me a corporate rate even LESS than what I was payin....

I dunno...listening to space men (Shatner/Expedia) and trolls (Travelocity) don't work for me neither.....HOWEVER...dare I say, the BEST DR HOTEL ADVICE...ISOC, JimmyDR & Cheeeeeeeeeeno...
    The best hotel deals are if you can work the priceline gig. I hate it because I like to know where I am staying.

But a colleage at a tradeshow I was at got a better hotel than me on priceline for $75. I paid $120.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,426 Times in 4,640 Posts

Hey Brothalove.

You will find New Garden is the Best choice you could have made for your Sousa trip.
    and reservations are easy just follow up with Wilfried every couple weeks via e-mail @ hotel.garden@codetel.net.do and make sure you do the week before you arrive
    Distance to the action cant be beat !! you are a 5 min walk to ALL THE ACTION FROM THERE...The Discos are right at the end of he street and to the right...the beach is an easy walk ...and there are a couple Massage places 2 mins ouside the NG gate that offer Full service or Happy ending during the day...the one next to the laundry on the right will come back to your NG room for FS 1000 Pesos

Have Fun and Lock your wallet in the safe
    Helping the 3rd world economy, one chica at a time !!!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skynyrd For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

The new garden is Ground Zero, for all the action in sosua. Everything is a block away. You can't miss. But make sure to hit pop and go to Cristals too.
    I've offended you.....goood

22. The Following User Says Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks to all that posted great information regarding the New Garden Hotel... Hopefully, I did not offend anyone with my questions. A brotha was just seeking guidance from the I.S.O.C. Experts (smile).

On the real, I am looking forward to my stay at the New Garden Hotel and I wil promote future bizz to the New Garden via my numerous contacts.

Countdown to my 2nd trip to Sosua via the New Garden on August 7-11... Heading to New Orleans (Essence Music Festival) with my american Chica on July 2-9.

Thanks again,
    B. Love

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Jay_t For This Useful Post:

Thread Information