Thread: Jeep Rental

Thanks

Jeep Rental

Hey guys I'm heading to Sosua for the July 4th weekend and wanted to rent a jeep so i could do some sight seeing off the beaten path.

My first question is will a jeep make me stand out too much like a sore thumb as a tourist or does it matter?

My second question is the price i was quoted $300 for the 4 days including all taxes and insurance, too much?

My last question is has anyone ever used this particular rental company:

http://www.dom-rent-a-car.com/english/index.htm

I've read the other posts on rentals but this seems to be the only rental place that offers open air jeep rentals. Any help, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,364 Times in 78,283 Posts

Re: Jeep Rental

Quote Originally Posted by afroski View Post
    Hey guys I'm heading to Sosua for the July 4th weekend and wanted to rent a jeep so i could do some sight seeing off the beaten path.

My first question is will a jeep make me stand out too much like a sore thumb as a tourist or does it matter?

My second question is the price i was quoted $300 for the 4 days including all taxes and insurance, too much?

My last question is has anyone ever used this particular rental company:

http://www.dom-rent-a-car.com/english/index.htm

I've read the other posts on rentals but this seems to be the only rental place that offers open air jeep rentals. Any help, suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Check to see that everything works. Every car rental I had came with a shitty spare and broken wippers.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,116 Times in 566 Posts

Make sure the insurance covers both vehicles....$300 seems alot but if it covers both vehicles that is a good price. Take your camera and take pictures of the jeep while it is being inspected.....something EricS taught me......also be careful "off the beaten path" make copies of drivers license, passport, and get phone number of US embassy.....if you get pulled over speak only english!! Don't carry more than 3,000-4,000 peso's
    Buy a 500 peso dominican phone......it works for chica numbers as well as calling for help if needed!!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TPdog For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks, this is good advice. I did email the rental company and they said that the insurance does cover both vehicles if involved in an accident.

After my trip is over I'll let everyone know if this was a good deal or not.

Thread Information