Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Penny wise and dollar foolish.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,833 Times in 279 Posts

Penny wise and dollar foolish.

Reasonable and unreasonable expectations for a sex monger vacation.

I have observed that there is a correlation between money spent on drinks for and with chicas and the amount of fun to be had with them on your vacation. Now that’s not to say some guys over tip and over spend where ever they go. There is a happy medium!

In the month of June I had 4 groups of vacationers stay with me at different times. One was a single guy who stayed a week. There were three pairs of friends who stayed 4 nights each. Now I will admit I pride myself on my hospitality and good cooking. But! Contrary to published reports here on ISOC I can not guarantee a good time or provide lots of great sexy chicas.

The single guy and one pair of guys went out every night and bought drinks for any and all chicas who sat with them. They had a great time with lots of laughs and the chicas responded with great performances when invited to spend the night. The chicas were always ready to stay and party longer and were ready to come back.

The other guys wanted to meet chicas who weren’t “working girls” because then they didn’t have to pay a salida. We went to carwashes and got no action at all because they wouldn’t even send a couple beers over to a table of 6 chicas. They didn’t dance so that was out as far as meeting “regular” chicas.

Then we’d hit the “take-out” bars and I’d feel embarrassed because they’d order water for them selves or a beer and nothing for the chicas. So I’d get a couple of grandes for the chicas and cuba libre for myself. They’d low ball a price and get some action but were never satisfied with the performances of their selections. The chicas left early and never phoned to see if they were wanted for a return engagement.

And last night I went out with a friend who lives here and another vacationing pair of guys. We started in Puerto Plata then on to Sosua. At our first stop one ordered a beer and the other water. My friend and I ordered two cuba libras and two grande Presidentes for 4 chicas sitting at a table nearby. They were immediately friendly and very talkative. The other two guys sat alone and complained that they were being ignored. Cost of two Presidente was 200 pesos (less than 3.00us each) for some attention for my friend and I. (Photos below.)

Living on a pension that was good in 1992 when I retired but it has shrunk as to its purchasing power in 2008. In 1992 a chica would stay all night for 300 pesos ($60.00us) so that hasn’t changed much at all. But the cost of a beer at 10 pesos then (50 cents in 92 is now $2.00us), a gallon of gas (to fill my tank in 92 was $15.00us now $58.00us) and the cost of food has risen. But when I go out I still have enough to buy beer for the chicas because I know they are not sitting with me for my good looks and witty conversation.

You spend $500.00 on airfare, $350.00 on accommodations, $250.00 on food and booze and if you go on the cheap $300.00 for chicas. Total of 1400.00us for a weeks vacation.
    If you put 20% more in to the vacation ($280.00us) how much more fun could you have?

Just my recent observations of guys on vacation who are penny wise and dollar foolish.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Re: Penny wise and dollar foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by DominicanBilly View Post
    The other guys wanted to meet chicas who weren’t “working girls” because then they didn’t have to pay a salida. We went to carwashes and got no action at all because they wouldn’t even send a couple beers over to a table of 6 chicas. They didn’t dance so that was out as far as meeting “regular” chicas.
    Even I buy beers in this case. Yes I do.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Then we’d hit the “take-out” bars and I’d feel embarrassed because they’d order water ...
    Dominican Billy sure has a lot of future embarrassment to look forward to once that water-guzzling, lettuce-nibbling, tight-ass, skinflint old Brit settles in Puerto Plata. He knows the one I mean

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,964 Times in 670 Posts

It's easy to be remembered as a cheap fuck or a good fuck...in order to be remembered as the latter....ya gotta drop a few pesos! Its more fun for ME to go look for "fresh flowers" to pick, than it is to go to the store and buy them in a bouquet....

Puta hunting from a table on Conde is as easy as sharing a couple of Grandes and some fries...you get to LEARN a little, play a lot and it goes a long way in the performance you get....

Great post DB

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to El Capitan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,333 Times in 1,160 Posts

Contrary to published reports here on ISOC I can not guarantee a good time or provide lots of great sexy chicas.
    Even the best Big Game Guide can set up the perfect hunt ... but ... if you can't place the shot ... there is no one to blame but yourself!!!
    You are not special!

She is not different than the others!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kennilingus For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,768 Times in 930 Posts

hunting chicas is not great task, they are everywhere just learn some spanish
    traveling the world in search of chicas, good friends and liveing life as if every day were my last

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bentwire For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,021 Times in 1,165 Posts

A big part of the enjoyment for me is hanging out and having some drinks and fun with the chicas.
    This is also a very important screening process as well.

I don't have any desire to buy a Bohem puta a $10 cocktail but I will gladly buy mucho cervezas for mucho chicas who are keeping me company and getting acquainted.

I often have some chocolates, gum, suckers, and Baily's or CC with me to really get the party going.
    If things are going well, a few tequilas and pizzas make it even better.

I have had some great times where I was not ready for a session but I will give the chica a nice tip anyways and arrange to see her later.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Si_Poppi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,391 Times in 1,158 Posts

[I have observed that there is a correlation between money spent on drinks for and with chicas and the amount of fun to be had with them on your vacation.]

As one who likes a few beers for all and enjoys a party...WELL SAID!
    Shuffling and Muff'n

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TropicBob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 857 Posts

Living on a pension that was good in 1992 when I retired but it has shrunk as to its purchasing power in 2008. In 1992 a chica would stay all night for 300 pesos ($60.00us) so that hasn’t changed much at all. But the cost of a beer at 10 pesos then (50 cents in 92 is now $2.00us), a gallon of gas (to fill my tank in 92 was $15.00us now $58.00us) and the cost of food has risen. But when I go out I still have enough to buy beer for the chicas because I know they are not sitting with me for my good looks and witty conversation.

You spend $500.00 on airfare, $350.00 on accommodations, $250.00 on food and booze and if you go on the cheap $300.00 for chicas. Total of 1400.00us for a weeks vacation.
    If you put 20% more in to the vacation ($280.00us) how much more fun could you have?

Just my recent observations of guys on vacation who are penny wise and dollar foolish.
    Great post and very true.

BTW, your math is a little off. In 1992, the peso was about 12:1.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Dominican Billy sure has a lot of future embarrassment to look forward to once that water-guzzling, lettuce-nibbling, tight-ass, skinflint old Brit settles in Puerto Plata. He knows the one I mean
    AH! Yes you do order a water but you are always ready to order a beer and on occasion a Baileys or two for those "Black Orchids" you do like so well. A shared preference I might add.

ps: Weyland what does this phrase mean? I'm sure it's British.
    [I am starting to wonder if more people are really salty on Dominican women.
    Does anybody know what "being salty on" means?]

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

I have observed that there is a correlation between money spent on drinks for and with chicas and the amount of fun to be had with them on your vacation. Now that’s not to say some guys over tip and over spend where ever they go. There is a happy medium!

In the month of June I had 4 groups of vacationers stay with me at different times. One was a single guy who stayed a week. There were three pairs of friends who stayed 4 nights each. Now I will admit I pride myself on my hospitality and good cooking. But! Contrary to published reports here on ISOC I can not guarantee a good time or provide lots of great sexy chicas.

The single guy and one pair of guys went out every night and bought drinks for any and all chicas who sat with them. They had a great time with lots of laughs and the chicas responded with great performances when invited to spend the night. The chicas were always ready to stay and party longer and were ready to come back.

Then we’d hit the “take-out” bars and I’d feel embarrassed because they’d order water for them selves or a beer and nothing for the chicas. So I’d get a couple of grandes for the chicas and cuba libre for myself. They’d low ball a price and get some action but were never satisfied with the performances of their selections. The chicas left early and never phoned to see if they were wanted for a return engagement.

And last night I went out with a friend who lives here and another vacationing pair of guys. We started in Puerto Plata then on to Sosua. At our first stop one ordered a beer and the other water. My friend and I ordered two cuba libras and two grande Presidentes for 4 chicas sitting at a table nearby. They were immediately friendly and very talkative. The other two guys sat alone and complained that they were being ignored. Cost of two Presidente was 200 pesos (less than 3.00us each) for some attention for my friend and I. (Photos below.)

Wise advise and observations. Some people just don't get it!

And no matter how many people you show a great time theres always going to be some who are just socially inept or just not capable of having a good time.

If you can have a 95% or better level of satisfaction your in far better shape than most businesses in the DR. Too many look for the first time naive customers and say let me take them for whatever I can and wait for the next sucker to come alone.

Who cares if they are here 10 weeks a year every year and I could have steady customers?

From the reports and reviews I have heard of your place your definitely in the 95+% area so you can't really ask for anything more. 100% is a pipe dream when dealing with the public.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Excellent post Dominican Billy! Common sense applied to a real life situation. You can attract more chicas with sugar (or beer!) than with vinegar.

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

You can extend this thread to include when the guys are amongst themselves.

If i have one pet peeve in the world, it's cheap motherfuckers. I don't want them anywhere near me.

I'll buy a drink for someone i don't even really know (but who's "with" my group) and if he doesn't buy me back, i don't get mad, i see it as a very inexpensive way to know that i want nothing whatsoever to do with him. Money well spent if u ask me.

I really don't get those types. Just today Bobby Murcer and Tony Snow died and neither was even 65 years old. What the fuck, do they think they get to take that money with them when they croak?

23. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Hence my thread I started about how much have you spent on a chica a few weeks ago. Thanks Billy
    I've offended you.....goood

Thanks

Great post Billy.

Some guys should just stay home and watch tv.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilikenyacional For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Weyland what does this phrase mean? I'm sure it's British.
    "I am starting to wonder if more people are really salty on Dominican women.
    Does anybody know what "being salty on" means?"
    Yes, I have heard it somewhere long in the past. Not common slang. Maybe used in the armed forces or Down Under? Means "horny" because if you are sexually aroused the taste of your saliva changes.

Yes, you do order water but you are always ready to order a beer and on occasion a Baileys or two for those "Black Orchids" you do like so well.
    My Baileys buying days are in the past. A very wise man recently emailed this to me:
    Keep to a budget as there is no sinking feeling like running out of money and not having 'the end' in sight.
    Perhaps you know him?

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

The gas is about $4.75 a gallon right now!!!!!!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JuanElGriego View Post
    You can extend this thread to include when the guys are amongst themselves.

If i have one pet peeve in the world, it's cheap motherfuckers. I don't want them anywhere near me.

I'll buy a drink for someone i don't even really know (but who's "with" my group) and if he doesn't buy me back, i don't get mad, i see it as a very inexpensive way to know that i want nothing whatsoever to do with him. Money well spent if u ask me.

I really don't get those types. Just today Bobby Murcer and Tony Snow died and neither was even 65 years old. What the fuck, do they think they get to take that money with them when they croak?
    I worked for a Italian boss for 28 years in a steel mill in Hamilton Canada. He impressed upon me as a young kid (19) working for him, that for the sake of a few hundred dollars a year (todays wages) it was better to pay for a round when it came your turn than be known as a cheep bastard with short arms and deep pockets.

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to DominicanBilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Great post DominicanBilly will be using your advice in 6 weeks

Thanks

short arms and deep pockets. i've met many a motherfucker like that in my day. the worst is, they think no one notices and that they're getting over on everyone. aaaahhhh, if there were no assholes in the crowd, who would everyone get to make fun of?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to scoochamenz1 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information