Thread: Mirabel Province

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Mirabel Province

I was checking out the Miss Universe Pagent and I saw that one of the finalist was from the Dominican Republic. She obviously was beautiful but she also had a very unusual and exotic look that you don't see that often down here. From my own observations I have noticed that often a particular look or features are common in a particular region or area. They had her listed as being from the Mirabel Province in the D.R. there is no such Province but there is a town called Mirabel in the Duarte Province. Mirabel is the next major town southwest from San Francisco De Macoris. Just curious if anyone in their travels has spent any time in that town and if so what they thought about it.

In any case I smell a road trip coming up.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Re: Mirabel Province

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    I was checking out the Miss Universe Pagent and I saw that one of the finalist was from the Dominican Republic. She obviously was beautiful but she also had a very unusual and exotic look that you don't see that often down here. From my own observations I have noticed that often a particular look or features are common in a particular region or area. They had her listed as being from the Mirabel Province in the D.R. there is no such Province but there is a town called Mirabel in the Duarte Province. Mirabel is the next major town southwest from San Francisco De Macoris. Just curious if anyone in their travels has spent any time in that town and if so what they thought about it.

There is a Mirabel province, the name was changed months ago to honor the Mirabel sisters.

But you won't find it on a map.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

They had her listed as being from the Mirabel Province in the D.R. There is no such Province.
    That is because you spelled it incorrectly. Hermanas Mirabal province used to be called Salcedo (the name of its main town). It was renamed by Leonel last year in honour of one of the "Mariposas" who were born in that province.

Oops! Mr Happy can type faster than me. (Not difficult).

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

Here she is Yayow!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i didnt like her birth marks all over her chest... muy fea!.. miss venenzuela was the hottest tho her response at the end should have cost her the crown... miss mexico had it all, she was the best of the final 5....

Thanks
    Thanked 2,001 Times in 568 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El Tiburon View Post
    ......miss venenzuela was the hottest tho her response at the end should have cost her the crown.....

Miss Venezuela, Miss Russia and Miss Colombia missed the mark a bit with their responses to the judges questions.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to brovo35 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

The winner---Miss venezuela!!!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Now if someone married her and brought her back to the States, I would be impressed.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    That is because you spelled it incorrectly. Hermanas Mirabal province used to be called Salcedo (the name of its main town). It was renamed by Leonel last year in honour of one of the "Mariposas" who were born in that province.

Thanks for the info, glad I asked.

Thanks

Another thng I noticed and have always said, IMHO the latinas are the finest women in the world. For a lot of reasons, their diversity in looks, their innate sexuality, almost as if sex exudes from every pore of their bodies.

But again it is worth noting that in this years contest 4 of the 5 finalist were what would be termed latinas. Mexico, Dominican Republic, Columbia, the winner Venezula and the fifth and only none latina being from Russia.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post

Thanks again Mr. Happy and Weyland for the info., that is even better for my exploration, I see that the old Salcedo Province is even closer to where I live than Duarte Province no more than an hour away. Have either of you guys spent any time in that Province and do they have any towns you would reccommend from your own experiences. In any case it will be back to one of my books to start my research of the area. Haven't been to that particular area, In a couple of months I may have to spend a few days there and see what it is about.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Have either of you guys spent any time in that Province and do they have any towns you would reccommend from your own experiences.
    Not me. I'm an untravelled newbie. Mr Happy is your man. But I remember reading somewhere very recently, presumably on DR1, that Salcedo was the top town in the DR in some survey for quality of life or the contentment of the inhabitants, or something like that. Perhaps someone else saw this and can put me right?

In a couple of months I may have to spend a few days there and see what it is about.
    In a couple of months I may join you (he said, keeping his fingers crossed). Once I do move to the DR, hopefully sooner rather than later, I certainly want to explore away from the North Coast.

Thanks

Another photo of the beauty from Marabal Province that I found. Got to see if there are more like her down on the farm. .

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Miss Mexico was robbed.
    I've offended you.....goood

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Thanks again Mr. Happy and Weyland for the info., that is even better for my exploration, I see that the old Salcedo Province is even closer to where I live than Duarte Province no more than an hour away. Have either of you guys spent any time in that Province and do they have any towns you would reccommend from your own experiences. In any case it will be back to one of my books to start my research of the area. Haven't been to that particular area, In a couple of months I may have to spend a few days there and see what it is about.
    It's not like this one province has all the fine ass women. The girls with this type of look are found throughout the entire Cibao Valley.

Towns like Tamboril, San Francisco, Licey, San Juan.... they all have the light skinned long haired knockouts, but many of them don't stray far from home, or end up living with family in the big city. Not exactly easy pickins'

But, nonetheless, great areas to hang out on a Sunday afternoon and see the girls in their finest..

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    It's not like this one province has all the fine ass women. The girls with this type of look are found throughout the entire Cibao Valley.

Towns like Tamboril, San Francisco, Licey, San Juan.... they all have the light skinned long haired knockouts, but many of them don't stray far from home, or end up living with family in the big city. Not exactly easy pickins'
    But, nonetheless, great areas to hang out on a Sunday afternoon and see the girls in their finest..
    Realize that but not looking for easy pickins, when I want easy I can always come home to Sosua. Thanks for info.

Thread Information