Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAdvantage specials:

Thanks

Re: AAdvantage specials:

Got my card about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Sure I have spent well over $250. Now the big decision is where do I go next. Looks like Peru and then likely Colombia maybe Cali. Also considering far East. Just call me an airmiles whore.Rbc100

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rbc100 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,526 Times in 497 Posts

Hey RBC100,

Thanks for the info. Hope you remember me from WSA and the time we met at the Palace. Hope to see you there again. I have a funny picture of you and Yubi from the Hali Gali. PM me.

Mr Bambino

Thanks

Hey Bambino, Defintely remeber you and Tropic Bob. Hope all is well . Not sure when I will make it back to DR, just to many places to see. By the way everyone, the credit card miles special is extended to June 30.rbc100

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rbc100
    A couple of deals of interest on AAdvantage miles. 25 year aniversary of program has specials that may help DR travelers. 25000 bonus miles for appying for AAdvantage business or platinum credit card and charging $250.
    I received my new platinum card but now looking back at the small print, the 25G bonus miles seems to only apply to the business card and not the platinum card. I will call customer service tomorrow and let you guys know. Not one time during the application process did they ask me what card i was applying for. I knew there was a catch!

This is the small print:

"American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after purchases of at least $250 post to your account. Qualifying purchases do not include balance transfers, cash advances, fees or related finance charges. This offer is only valid for new CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card accounts applied for by July 5, 2006, and excludes any other credit cards offered"

Thanks
    Thanked 3,809 Times in 1,672 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches
    I received my new platinum card but now looking back at the small print, the 25G bonus miles seems to only apply to the business card and not the platinum card. I will call customer service tomorrow and let you guys know. Not one time during the application process did they ask me what card i was applying for. I knew there was a catch!

This is the small print:

"American Airlines AAdvantage® miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® account 8-10 weeks after purchases of at least $250 post to your account. Qualifying purchases do not include balance transfers, cash advances, fees or related finance charges. This offer is only valid for new CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® card accounts applied for by July 5, 2006, and excludes any other credit cards offered"
    The big print giveth and the small print taketh away - Tom Waits

Wherever I May Roam

And the road becomes my bride
    I have stripped of all but pride
    So in her I do confide
    And she keeps me satisfied
    Gives me all I need

And with dust in throat I crave
    Only knowledge will I save
    To the game you stay a slave

Roamer, wanderer
    Nomad, vagabond
    Call me what you will

But I'll take my time anywhere
    Free to speak my mind anywhere
    And I'll redefine anywhere

Anywhere I may roam
    Where I lay my head is home

H.C.I.S.O.C.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    The big print giveth and the small print taketh away - Tom Waits
    i should have known your were a tom waits fan!

i have jusy 2 words for you "Swordfish Trombone"

Quote Originally Posted by tom waits
    Well he came home from the war
    with a party in his head
    and a modified Brougham DeVille
    and a pair of legs that opened up
    like butterfly wings
    and a mad dog that wouldn't
    sit still
    he went and took up with a Salvation Army
    Band girl
    who played dirty water
    on a sworfishtrombone
    he went to sleep at the bottm of
    Tenkiller Lake
    and he said 'gee, but it's
    great to be home'
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 394 Posts

Here's an aadvantage special

If you have a citibank account, you can upgrade your current debit card to an AAdvantage earning debit card (earn 1 mile for $2 spent) for $25 and you get 5,000 miles. What a great way to pick up 5K bonus miles for cheap !

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post

If you have a citibank account, you can upgrade your current debit card to an AAdvantage earning debit card (earn 1 mile for $2 spent) for $25 and you get 5,000 miles. What a great way to pick up 5K bonus miles for cheap !
    Is it no fee?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post

This is the small print:

Apparently, there was some sort of mistake so i called and they posted my 25 k miles for a regular non-business account. So all was forgiven!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis View Post

Don't think there is a fee if you already have a debit card. Sounds like a good deal.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,026 Times in 2,115 Posts

might have to open a citbank account

Thanks

here is the fine print for the Citi/AA debit card.
    drawbacks other than the yearly fee:
    1. no miles for cash out of atm,
    2. no miles if use PIN numbers (must sign like credit)
    http://www.aa.com/apps/AAdvantage/Vi...artnersContent

damn thats a big addy!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Is it no fee?
    $25 to upgrade from the regular atm card to basic aadvantage earning debit card.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Elvis For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    Don't think there is a fee if you already have a debit card. Sounds like a good deal.
    I have the debit card and they still will charge the $25.

Once I get the miles, I will go back to the regular debit card. I just wanted the 5,000 miles for $25

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elvis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

Elvis right now I don't pay a fee for my CitiBank debit card.

I'm wondering if I upgrade like you to the AADebitCard if I can in a few moths (after copping the Bonus 5000 points) go back to the regular free card.

I don't mind paying the fee once for the 5000 points but I do not want to pay it every year thereafter. I guess I'll call them tommorrow in the day.

I just called now and in the evening or weekends you get someone on the phone from Pakistan or India that doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about.
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post

I'm wondering if I upgrade like you to the AADebitCard if I can in a few moths (after copping the Bonus 5000 points) go back to the regular free card.

I don't mind paying the fee once for the 5000 points but I do not want to pay it every year thereafter. I guess I'll call them tommorrow in the day.

I just called now and in the evening or weekends you get someone on the phone from Pakistan or India that doesn't know what the fuck they are talking about.

If you have to pay then its not a good deal.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post

Here's the T&C (btw, log into your account, then select account servicing (it's the link next to Investments, then select Change / Upgrade your ATM / Debit Card)

2AAdvantage® bonus miles can only be used by enrollment of a Citibank / AAdvantage® Debit card through this offer. Limited one offer per account. AAdvantage® miles will appear as a bonus in your AAdvantage® program account within 2-3 checking account billing cycles after your enrollment in the Citibank / AAdvantage® Debit card program is confirmed by American Airlines.

So after 2 or 3 months, after getting the miles, you can go back to your regular debit card - it shouldn't be a problem ! I don't see why it should be an inconvenience switching back.

This is a great bonus.. If purchasing $25 with an Aadvantage credit card, you'll get 25 bonus miles. With this option, you're getting 5,000 miles, more miles towards free rewards and it doesn't affect your credit score.

Thanks

Guys!,
    read the link I posted (#32).
    the basic card costs $25 per YEAR (keep it 10 months then cancel) earn the bonus 2000 miles, plus 1 mile for every $2 used on the card.
    The premium card costs $65 per year to earn the 4000 miles but gets 2 miles for every $2 used on the card.
    Also since it is a debit card (straight from checking account) it has no effect on your credit score (it is not a credit card).
    It is a way to earm miles without a CREDIT card if you got less than perfect credit (like ME haha).
    I also think you get charged a $3 a month fee to your checking account just to have a debit card (unless you keep a minimum balance or have a direct payroll deposit).
    go carefully as those bankers hide fees around every corner (thats where they get ya),,,they aint a charity for mongers!
    note you dont get miles for cash withdrawals either, that how I use my debit card most anyway!

Thanks

BBPlays,

this is a much better offer !

https://web.da-us.citibank.com/cgi-b...seBVCookie=yes

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elvis For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information