Thread: Who's coming down in July and how are you getting there?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Who's coming down in July and how are you getting there?

i'm looking for flights for june 30th and am feeling PAIN!
    the prices are stupid! i know, it's a holiday in both Canada and the USA but get real.

it's going to cost me over $700 USD ($795 CAD) from Toronto (air transat)for 7 days...and i want 9!
    or $790 USD ($873 CAD) from syracuse (continental) for 9 days
    or $599 USD ($663 CAD) from JFK (AA) for 8 days and an 8 hour drive plus taxi to get there

any other suggestions?

i need to have the holiday for v-day reasons and really want to be there during this time but...
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Re: Who's coming down in July and how are you getting there?

It is impossible to get to the DR from the U.K. sensibly by scheduled flights. Best I can do is about £690 sterling return (approx Can$1415, US$1283) but the outward trip takes 30 hours (!) and two changes (U.S. and Puerto Rico). Return is 12 hours and only one stop. The chances of my baggage arriving intact on both legs is nil (and my name is not even 3somefan).

So I have bought two return charter flights and will "waste" one leg of each. Total cost £573 (approx Can$1175, US$1065), no meals included and fuck all leg room, but the flight is direct to POP and only takes about 9 hours.

So spread out over my 11 week stay flight costs are just under US$100 per week (as against US$225 per week for my previous two 2-week stays. Illogical way to look at it, I know, but I have to cheer myself up somehow).

So stop whingeing, Apos, and get your ass down there. Just be grateful you're not a limey and in a different hemisphere from the chicas. I want to hang with you longer than the twenty seconds greeting we exchanged at Herman's end March. You supported me a lot when I first came on ISOC and was getting myself into trouble so I am going to let you buy me a santo libre to complete the job.
    Last edited by weyland; 05-07-2006 at 09:56 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weyland
    It is impossible to get to the DR from the U.K. sensibly by scheduled flights. Best I can do is about £690 sterling return (approx Can$1415, US$1283) but the outward trip takes 30 hours (!) and two changes (U.S. and Puerto Rico). Return is 12 hours and only one stop. The chances of my baggage arriving intact on both legs is nil (and my name is not even 3somefan).

So I have bought two return charter flights and will "waste" one leg of each. Total cost £573 (approx Can$1175, US$1065), no meals included and fuck all leg room, but the flight is direct to POP and only takes about 9 hours.

So spread out over my 11 week stay flight costs are just under US$100 per week (as against US$225 per week for my previous two 2-week stays. Illogical way to look at it, I know, but I have to cheer myself up somehow).

So stop whingeing and get your ass down there. Just be grateful you're not a limey and in a different hemisphere from the chicas. I want to hang with you longer than the twenty seconds greeting we exchanged at Herman's end March. You supported me a lot when I first came on ISOC and was getting myself into trouble so I am going to let you buy me a santo libre to complete the job.
    never fear, i'll be there and we'll get to spend more time together...and the santo libres are mandatory

i just hate the thought of paying $100 a day for my flight...i got used to much cheaper flights and these prices are killing me

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

uhm, Why dont you walk? Start now! Tee Hee
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas
    uhm, Why dont you walk? Start now! Tee Hee
    FUCK YOU!

when you returning?

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Apos..Since u saw me at the strip club that day i have slept with 4 girls and made out with a 5th girl... 3 of the 5 from myspace.com, 1 i met in a club out in Long Island NY... and another who is a friend of a girl on my block.... I dont really need DR pussy right now... But it would be nice to take a vacation... When R U going to Colombia? Thats the real question!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas
    Apos..Since u saw me at the strip club that day i have slept with 4 girls and made out with a 5th girl... 3 of the 5 from myspace.com, 1 i met in a club out in Long Island NY... and another who is a friend of a girl on my block.... I dont really need DR pussy right now... But it would be nice to take a vacation... When R U going to Colombia? Thats the real question!
    Colombia is not looking good for this year. too much hassle at work to change dates. almost everything is booked and the staff are somewhat jealous of my trips so noone is exactly volunteering o switch. looks like next year.

hope to go to colombia and the phills in 2007

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apos
    i'm looking for flights for june 30th and am feeling PAIN!
    the prices are stupid! i know, it's a holiday in both Canada and the USA but get real.

it's going to cost me over $700 USD ($795 CAD) from Toronto (air transat)for 7 days...and i want 9!
    or $790 USD ($873 CAD) from syracuse (continental) for 9 days actually only 8...SHIT!
    or $599 USD ($663 CAD) from JFK (AA) for 8 days and an 8 hour drive plus taxi to get there

any other suggestions?

i need to have the holiday for v-day reasons and really want to be there during this time but...
    flying around major holidays SUCKS!!!

i could also fly from montreal on either AA for $913 USD ($1009 CAD) or Continental for $951 USD ($1050 CAD) for 9 days BUT that's a LOT of $$$
    Last edited by Apos; 05-07-2006 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

i decided on flying from Newark to Santiago as it was $300 cheaper per person than POP(it used to only be $40 more expensive for POP dammit). So far there are 2 of us flying in on the early morning June 30th flight arriving in STI at 11am.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Beads
    i decided on flying from Newark to Santiago as it was $300 cheaper per person than POP(it used to only be $40 more expensive for POP dammit). So far there are 2 of us flying in on the early morning June 30th flight arriving in STI at 11am.
    please PM me the flights...perhaps you'll have more company

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

I will be there at the Scarface Condo.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks

it's only $40 more to POP now and the STI flights are all overnighters

Thanks
    Thanked 3,812 Times in 935 Posts

bought my tix in Feb paid 579 from chicago, my friend bought his tix yesterday for same flight as me and it was 829 AA. My brother has some strange notion he can get a 650 ticket on priceline

Thanks
    Thanked 2,572 Times in 735 Posts

I've yet to purchase a ticket yet, I also fly out of Chicago, right now Airfare is totally rediculous, I'm getting prices in the $800-850 range right now, I'm probably going to wait a little bit. What is really nice is I have a Voucher from A.A. for $550 from my cancelled April/May Invasion Cancellation. I'll arrive on July 1st & stay until the 7th. I'll fly in Puerto Plata, I was a cheap ass my second trip & flew in Santo Domingo & the 4 hour bus ride to Sosua & the long ass day when you have to leave was to much, I'll be more than glad to pay the extra $200 to fly into Puerto Plata & have a 10 MIn. cab ride into Sosua!!

"THE GAME"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,476 Times in 466 Posts

Prices are horrible - still hovering around $800 out of ATL. I will probably put off the end of may trip for end of June or July. It hurts so bad!

Thread Information