Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Its crazy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 532 Posts

Its crazy

I think you guys have a good intention in mind, but you have this board all fucked up. Its information overload. You have broken it down as far as you can possibly go. Its so broken down you can't find anything.

Look at myself, I took a few month off this site, I came back to find a new board. HEY, thats great, something that works. But because it has features, you have to use them all. I can't find or use a damn thing here. I have been looking for the Thialand board for a week now. I just yesterday found a button at the top of the screen that brings you there.... I hunted and hunted.

Simple is good!!!!! Overload is bad!!!! You guys are way past overload. Sure it looks simple to you guys, the ones that set it up. What about the new guy? He doesn't have a clue. Hell I don't have a clue and I have an idea of the mentality here.

Make a decission, either you want more people here or you want the same people shooting the shit all the time. You can't have both. Granted, there are a few that will have the desire to keep reading and MAYBE figure it out. I can't figure it out so god bless the new-bie

Ohhh sure, there are 2000 members, but how many post? Did ya ever stop to think that people might sign up just to see what its all about? When they get here they are so lost, they leave. They don't get a chance to get involved.

OK, there is my 2 peso post.....

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

Re: Its crazy

You may have a point, El D. I don't use the main board so I don't know. I just use the "New Posts" button. If I was newbie, I'd probably be lost.

Thanks

I don't even know what you are talking about? New post button?

I have a feeling things like these are talked about between friends. Without "friends" how would you know such things even exist?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

"Today's posts" on the bottom menu bar is the best.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El Drunko

I have a feeling things like these are talked about between friends. Without "friends" how would you know such things even exist?

Forum Navigation Site Info Donate ISOC Store New Posts Today's Posts Search Log Out

- it's on the tool bar near the top of the page

Thanks

If you go to the top of even this thread, you'll see "New Posts" between the "ISOC Store" and "Today's Posts"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg
    If you go to the top of even this thread, you'll see "New Posts" between the "ISOC Store" and "Today's Posts"
    i think this board sucks ,it took 7 min. for 3 responses. damn we have no life.

Thanks

I know I've been pretty "lifeless" my past few off days!

Thanks

I still have no idea how to navigate this forum....I realise some people are trying to tell me how to do it, but it makes no sense.. Way too many moves. Like I said earlier. Lets get back to basics.

gdogg, I now see what you are refuring too. Thanks for that tid-bit . It will surely come in use.

My point is that without gdogg comming out and helping me, I would have had no idea how to do that. Sure, you guys say, "all ya have to do is ask" But the newbi has no idea.....this place is broken down into so many sections that it has become inpossible for the someone to find anything.

I know you guys don't understand what I am saying, you think its simple. But it isn't. Somtimes the more you break it down, the more difficult it becomes. Thats where this place is now.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

... you have this board all fucked up. Its information overload. You have broken it down as far as you can possibly go. Its so broken down you can't find anything ... because it has features, you have to use them all. I can't find or use a damn thing here ... Simple is good!!!!! Overload is bad!!!! You guys are way past overload. Sure it looks simple to you guys, the ones that set it up. What about the new guy? He doesn't have a clue ... Ohhh sure, there are 2000 members, but how many post? Did ya ever stop to think that people might sign up just to see what its all about? When they get here they are so lost, they leave. They don't get a chance to get involved.
    ED has a point. I said a similar thing recently in the thread on the new VB Image Host (which is great). I hope my remarks did not come across as a criticism, because I think DT and JDR are doing a superb job with this board, but more as a suggestion for where our best energies should be directed for the time being:

Quote Originally Posted by weyland
    ... this whole board has moved up a couple of notches lately, with the new features and the superb reports and pictures flooding in. There is so much content now I think your best efforts should be concentrated on ways of improving the indexing and searching even more. I have noticed sometimes even expert and habitual users cannot access something they know is in the archives when they need it.
    Overall though, the board is greatly improved in the few months since I have been a member, mainly because it no longer "freezes" and loading is much quicker despite vastly increased content and all the new features.

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

I agree with EL D.

The main page should have the countries listed. Having to find the Forum Navigation button to go there is impossible for newbie to find.

Everything should be on main page for newbie to find.

DT has done awesome job though so just constructive criticism.

Thanks
    Thanked 164,725 Times in 30,459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gdogg
    You may have a point, El D. I don't use the main board so I don't know. I just use the "New Posts" button. If I was newbie, I'd probably be lost.
    i usually just use the "new post button" as well
    you only live once, but if you live it right once is enough

Thanks
    Thanked 14,718 Times in 3,229 Posts

I usually use the "todays posts"......but even I find this place hard to navigate sometimes
    C.I.S.O.C.
    Cuba.....Cigars and beautiful chicas

One life I'm gonna live it up....Judas Priest, You Got Another Thing Coming

Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,649 Posts

AHHHHHHHHH, thats where the rest of the shit went. FORUM NAVIGATION on the tool bar. The next thing ya know the site will let you host pictures here.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guttaman
    AHHHHHHHHH, thats where the rest of the shit went. FORUM NAVIGATION on the tool bar. The next thing ya know the site will let you host pictures here.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 3,768 Times in 930 Posts

and i thought it was just me

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Its not that hard to see whats going on if you log on daily. If you log on once a month thats another story.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,322 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr
    Its not that hard to see whats going on if you log on daily. If you log on once a month thats another story.
    "Miss a day. Miss a whole lot."
    We surveyed 100 chicas and the top 69 answers are on the board. Here's the question...

I.S.O.B.B.C.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,498 Times in 5,141 Posts

I think you guys have a good intention in mind, but you have this board all fucked up. Its information overload. You have broken it down as far as you can possibly go. Its so broken down you can't find anything.

Look at myself, I took a few month off this site, I came back to find a new board. HEY, thats great, something that works. But because it has features, you have to use them all. I can't find or use a damn thing here. I have been looking for the Thialand board for a week now. I just yesterday found a button at the top of the screen that brings you there.... I hunted and hunted.

Simple is good!!!!! Overload is bad!!!! You guys are way past overload. Sure it looks simple to you guys, the ones that set it up. What about the new guy? He doesn't have a clue. Hell I don't have a clue and I have an idea of the mentality here.

Make a decission, either you want more people here or you want the same people shooting the shit all the time. You can't have both. Granted, there are a few that will have the desire to keep reading and MAYBE figure it out. I can't figure it out so god bless the new-bie

Ohhh sure, there are 2000 members, but how many post? Did ya ever stop to think that people might sign up just to see what its all about? When they get here they are so lost, they leave. They don't get a chance to get involved.

OK, there is my 2 peso post.....
    Try to think of it as an expansion of the monger civilization. All civilizations must grow and prosper or they die.
    HAVE FUN AND ENJOY LIFE!!!
    HAPPINESS TAKES WORK!!!
    FIGHT FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Chewie, get us out of here!!

OH, and I almost forgot, If I am a Post Whore then at least I am DISEASE FREE, MUTHAFUCKAS!!

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

El D, you're 100% correct. But i stopped complaining because i think the site has made it clear that they just "want the same people shooting the shit"............. That's been made very clear to me!! It's really a shame because this could've been GLOBAL!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information