I'm back from NYC, where for a few hours on Saturday afternoon, the spirit of strange tech-whores past re-manifested in Chelsea in the form of The Aphrodite Project, presenting its prototype Platform 001. An actress (dressed "like a hooker" and everything, and I say that with absolute sincerity) took the platform sandal out on its virgin stroll from 42nd Street to Eyebeam, tracked with the above Google Map along her way.

At the same time, Krzysztof Wodiczko, Tracy Quan, Natalie Jeremijenko and I, deftly moderated by Amanda McDonald Crowley, spoke to the launch of Platforms, followed by a reading by Tracy and my presentation of a remix of 30 SECOND SEX, originally performed by ana voog, Echo Transgression, and myself at Sex Worker Visions, NYC, March 2006.

Here I've put up a quick little something I shot on my cellphone -- if you could see into the shadows, you'd see Terri Senft (who I met for the first time offline) and Norene Leddy (a.k.a. The Artist) speaking together in the audience -- giving me faith in the total convergence of Everything I Am Interested In (sex, new media, mobile tech, surveillance, digital identity management, et. al.).

Link To Original Article