Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: DR Real Estate

Thanks

Re: DR Real Estate

Quote Originally Posted by ajax718 View Post
    I remember when I stayed at a Dominican friends house in Santo Domingo, 3 bedroom 2 bath with another apartment next door, in a quiet middle class neighborhood. The price was $80,000. This was 3 years ago.

Paying $345k for an apartment in Santo Domingo is only worth it if you already have millions in the bank
    I think Cheeno said $345k was the "asking" price. It might be possible to get it for $250k cash since the market is very soft now...maybe even less? If its right next to the Hilton and has all the services and protection required, that might not be too bad. I think it would be crazy to buy a house in any neighborhood there for any price ($80k) f you go there for a short time each year...I'm sure it would be broken into and maybe lived in while you are gone? I own a house in North Miami (middle class neighborhood)...when its not rented for a while, it gets broken into from time to time. Really pisses me off!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,007 Times in 3,410 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiBeachGuy View Post
    I dont miss Wisconsin at all. Except the yacht racing I used to do on many of the lakes. People here in south Florida cant believe I was a farm boy who milked cows, planted and harvested crops, picked rocks, fixed fence, cut thistles, shoveled shit When I was in college I used to watch Miami Vice every week...never thought I would end up down here!

I do miss listening to the Brewer games with Bob U. announcing.
    Wow, I just had deje vu.

Hey MiamiBeachGuy

It must have been a big change for you. Moving from Wisconsin to Miami. Wow.....

The only thing I hate about Wisconsin is the cold winter. I think it's even colder in Minnesota.

Take care and good night.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheeno For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

I remember when I looked at a villa in Casa Linda, and I thought it was too expensive at 59K. I believe that was back in 2000.

Now you can't touch one for less than 170K or so..

Miamibeachguy, you need to pick up one of the real estate publications when you come down, at least for SD and the south coast.

There are literally thousands of apartments and houses for sale, all over the spectrum.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information