Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/2004 - Current rate of exchange (Current Info)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas
    Quote Originally Posted by dapanz1
    According to the novia it is 28.75 DOP/USD.

dapanz1
    TY sir.... My friend is in the DR and i didnt even get one phone call since he has been there.... I think he gets home tomorrow but he is on buddy pass tickets so he can come back whenever
    Hahaha

Joe called me yesterday.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JDR For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JDR

dapanz1
    TY sir.... My friend is in the DR and i didnt even get one phone call since he has been there.... I think he gets home tomorrow but he is on buddy pass tickets so he can come back whenever
    Hahaha

Joe called me yesterday.
    It must of had something to do with selling you pesos!... He will hear about this from me cause he usually calls me and tells me how its going down there if he is without me...
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

dapanz1
    I was hoping it would at least be in the 30's by now!! :cry:

6. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    it was 28 yesterday in Sosua... 28.50 in Santiago... this past week it fluctuated from 27.50-28.50

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,363 Times in 867 Posts
    What is the consensus about the devaluation of the dollar against the peso? Has it been good for the Dominican economy overall? If so, how?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I have spoken with some shop owners and other dominican friends and they dont like it... right now the food and everything else didnt change with the dollar to peso ratio so they are paying more for everything

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I have spoken with some shop owners and other dominican friends and they dont like it... right now the food and everything else didnt change with the dollar to peso ratio so they are paying more for everything
    In any economy, during a devaluation period, there is time lag between downward pressure of currency value, and downward pressure on prices. Many shopowners and manufacturing businesses still have inventory acquired at the higher wholesale prices, and they are reluctant to reduce prices (I can't blame them at all).

The same thing occured in the US after the Carter devaluation in the mid-late 70's and the regrowth of the US economy in the early-mid 80's.

Overall, a stable currency is beneficial to any economy. It spurs confidence within the investor/entrepreneural community, creating real growth and jobs. Additionally, it allows the government to repay debts incurred during high inflationary/low currency value periods with cheaper net debt instruments (like Clinton did to create the illusion of a "budget surplus": he traded long-term debt at higher rates for short-term debt at lower rates, gambling on a stable, low-inflationary/low interest rate environment...and it worked) . It's how the DR can get out of financial crisis, and can begin to grow.

Doesn't do much for bang-for-the-bucks mongering, however. But the DR is still a great bargain, even at 28.00...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Reel Deal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,258 Times in 1,076 Posts

28 as of now!!!

I was there this week and it is 28 last year around this time it was 45 hopefully it goes back up for my next trip in June .

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Pana For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: 28 as of now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo
    I was there this week and it is 28 last year around this time it was 45 hopefully it goes back up for my next trip in June .
    yeah i'm hoping too!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BROOKLYN_357 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: 28 as of now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BROOKLYN357
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo
    yeah i'm hoping too!!
    I feel you on that one but like reel deel said, it's still a bargin at 28.......

20. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts
    I got $28.00 at Super Super on Saturday. If you experienced 45-50 on your first trip, 28 ABSOLUTELY SUCKS!!!
    :x

22. The Following User Says Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,456 Times in 3,763 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gdogg
    I got $28.00 at Super Super on Saturday. If you experienced 45-50 on your first trip, 28 ABSOLUTELY SUCKS!!!
    I bet you are not getting a massage and bbbjcim for $30US in the dirty south.

I know the exchange rate isn't what it used to be but you are still getting a bargain.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to WSJ3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Unfortunately, those days might be gone. I feel you though. Its a lot easier to hit up those Palace, Remingtons, and Bohem babes when the dollar is twice as strong. Hard to explain to those that didn't witness it. Perhaps those that hit Thailand during the Asia financial crisis would understand.

As far as a $30 blow job now, that is why it doesn't make sense to me when I read about these cats giving babes $4,000 pesos for pussy. Thatz like 5 blow jobs and massages by 5 different bitches for one bitch that might not even be that good.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by el_papi_chew_low
    Unfortunately, those days might be gone. I feel you though. Its a lot easier to hit up those Palace, Remingtons, and Bohem babes when the dollar is twice as strong. Hard to explain to those that didn't witness it. Perhaps those that hit Thailand during the Asia financial crisis would understand.

As far as a $30 blow job now, that is why it doesn't make sense to me when I read about these cats giving babes $4,000 pesos for pussy. Thatz like 5 blow jobs and massages by 5 different bitches for one bitch that might not even be that good.
    Actually it's the opposite at the palace. When the dollar went up, their short time went from 800 to 1500. While I was there I negotiated lower but not to $800.

I like staying at the Palace, but I really feel that they're overpriced whores you can get for half price after 2:00am.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to D_W_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wsj3

I know the exchange rate isn't what it used to be but you are still getting a bargain.
    Buddy, I got my Monica massage last night. I'll NEVER complain about that!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dogwood

Actually it's the opposite at the palace. When the dollar went up, their short time went from 800 to 1500. While I was there I negotiated lower but not to $800.

I like staying at the Palace, but I really feel that they're overpriced whores you can get for half price after 2:00am.
    They raised the price based on the American dollar, lol, that sucks!!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wsj3

Buddy, I got my Monica massage last night. I'll NEVER complain about that!
    how's the other talent?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reel Deal
    In any economy, during a devaluation period, there is time lag between downward pressure of currency value, and downward pressure on prices. Many shopowners and manufacturing businesses still have inventory acquired at the higher wholesale prices, and they are reluctant to reduce prices (I can't blame them at all).

The same thing occured in the US after the Carter devaluation in the mid-late 70's and the regrowth of the US economy in the early-mid 80's.

Overall, a stable currency is beneficial to any economy. It spurs confidence within the investor/entrepreneural community, creating real growth and jobs. Additionally, it allows the government to repay debts incurred during high inflationary/low currency value periods with cheaper net debt instruments (like Clinton did to create the illusion of a "budget surplus": he traded long-term debt at higher rates for short-term debt at lower rates, gambling on a stable, low-inflationary/low interest rate environment...and it worked) . It's how the DR can get out of financial crisis, and can begin to grow.

Doesn't do much for bang-for-the-bucks mongering, however. But the DR is still a great bargain, even at 28.00...
    Picked this up in DR1:

Inflation in check
    The Consumer Price Index for February reported by the Central Bank was 0.04%. Accumulated inflation for the two first months of the year is 0.83%, a drastic reduction when compared to January-February inflation in 2004, that was 21.52%. Inflation over the past 12 months has declined from 18.79% as of January to 6.82% in February 2005. The reduction in inflation is attributed to the appreciation of the peso.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to el_papi_chew_low For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reel Deal

Picked this up in DR1:

Inflation in check
    The Consumer Price Index for February reported by the Central Bank was 0.04%. Accumulated inflation for the two first months of the year is 0.83%, a drastic reduction when compared to January-February inflation in 2004, that was 21.52%. Inflation over the past 12 months has declined from 18.79% as of January to 6.82% in February 2005. The reduction in inflation is attributed to the appreciation of the peso.
    so in other words while the local prices are still high atleast there are fairly stable?
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I'm just sayin'...

Stability of currency is a good thing. it's encouraging to see inflation in check in the DR. Infaltion is the real culprit in any economic decline, especially wage inflation.

Thank You, GSU, for those fine sheepskins on the wall...

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Reel Deal For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread Information