Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/2008 - ~2008 U.S. Presidential Election-Official~

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Re: ~2008 U.S. Presidential Election-Official~

Quote Originally Posted by curiousdude View Post
    I don't see how anybody could not vote for Obama.
    I don't see how anybody could vote for Obama

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Elections are Stupid!!!

Let's have a Tango Contest!!!!

My name is Dread....and I approve of this message!
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

4. The Following User Says Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This sign in front of my place tells you who I`m voting for.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to milldam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

Another member sent me this and my jaw dropped!! Before you go off, please watch the hole thing. The accuracy in this is amazing! I like the last slide...with what is being read by the man many would like to see in the White House!!

Why are the gaps in the polls being closed so fast??...because details like these are finally coming forward....

http://www.usawakeup.org/USSA.htm

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

*"%#* OBAMA!
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Summit For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

I have said something like this before.

I am a Canadian looking at this from the outside.

With the state of affairs in the US right now you would think that people would be looking for a change? I would think that everyone would have had enough of the current administation and want to try something else out? McCain says he is not Bush...no, he is not the same guy but his policies seem to me to be very closely aligned to Bush's policies? What makes McCain different.....where is the change.... I have not seen it from the outside looking in.

Are people not looking for a change in direction? I am not American so maybe I just don't understand but it is all very confusing to me.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TropicBob View Post
    WTF? Did I miss this? Threesome buying a La Passion Massage for all us Obama supporters if Obama wins? I'm in.....
    I actually could have won two massages from La passions by picking the dems to win this election. I have one bet with 3some on who is going to win and another board member wanted to also bet me, but, i backed out. With the polls the way they are, maybe i made a mistake. Oh well, one freebie is going to be nice.

Hopefully fares are low enough for dec 31st so i can go down when 3some is there to collect

3some, if by some miricle u should win(mcain wins) and you are not in Sosua during the time when i am next there, ill personally go to peter and give him the money for your next massage.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cainer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cainer View Post
    I actually could have won two massages from La passions by picking the dems to win this election. I have one bet with 3some on who is going to win and another board member wanted to also bet me, but, i backed out. With the polls the way they are, maybe i made a mistake. Oh well, one freebie is going to be nice.

Hopefully fares are low enough for dec 31st so i can go down when 3some is there to collect

3some, if by some miricle u should win(mcain wins) and you are not in Sosua during the time when i am next there, ill personally go to peter and give him the money for your next massage.
    The bet is still on if you want it!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Summit For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

3Some, I'm a bit surprised and more than a little disappointed. While well produced for its purpose the clip you linked to is not accurate and is actually dangerous.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying this becuae it attacks Obama and the Dems. I have had the exact same reaction over the years to people who call George Bush a Nazi.

These election campaigns get nasty. We engage in it here also. Palin is a know nothing (which I've said) Biden's the dumbest guy in the Senate. McCain's an old man, Oama is hopelessly inexperienced. It can all get rough.

There are lines though. People who cal Bush a Nazi, or say that he planned 9/11, IMO, cross that line. This clip crossed that line also. This type of demonisation is indeed dangerous. In three months one of these guys is going to need to lead this country. It's fine if almost half of the country wanted the other guy. It's not fine if a significant portion of the nation have been conned into seeing the winner as an evil, traitorous individual.

We all saw the Congresswoman from Mn on the tube last night calling for an investigation of the liberals in Congress to find out which ones are "Anti-American." This on the same day that Sarah Palin spoke about there being parts of the country that are "pro-American" and parts that are not.

What's next, we dig up Joe McCarthy and start hearings? Is that the America you want to live in?

I'm not questioning your right to link to this clip, just your judgement.
    A while back I predicted that, as the noose tightens around TFG's neck, both he and the Maga Morons here would post ever more idiotic crap. Right again.

“It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent a peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next," McConnell told reporters. "That’s what it was."

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

3some,

I will NOT edit your post where you posted that clip...but please reconsider editing it yourself and think twice about clips and videos you post in this thread going forward. Remember the Grey areas I spoke about in the original post pertaining to politics on this site. Strong opinions are welcome but lets keep this clean...keep all conspiracy theories and Anti-American clips, racist, links, videos, and rhetoric to yourself. Lets focus on the core issues. 3some please DO NOT ruin this thread. KEEP IT CLEAN.

thx.
    Last edited by Hemp; 10-18-2008 at 11:28 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Hemp For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,026 Times in 2,115 Posts

How about the back handed reference to "Blacks and reparations". You stand by that racist shit???

FUCK YOU!
    Retired in 2009. **sniff***

Thanks
    Thanked 26,907 Times in 6,119 Posts

it's interesting. what about those beautiful clips with many McCain supporters being ignorant and racist. I've seen many of these videos which definitely pushes the country further back. It's amazing what middle America really thinks of Obama. I believe that will be the turning point of the election if Obama does not win.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knotty For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 433 Posts

What scares me and turns me off is the liberal media attacking anyone who questions Obama. Look what they did to Joe "the plumber" when he simply asked a question, and Obama to his credit, gave an honest answer. Obama wants to spread the wealth which chips away at the American dream. Liberals in the media (and Joe Biden) attacked the guy and do some investigation on the guy and find out that he has some type of lien again him. I see how they treat the average joes.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Young Hero For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

I don't see how anybody could not vote for Obama. I am not only voting for Obama, I have also contributed to his campaign. (And it was enough money to buy lots of punani in the DR. And, like payments for punani, my contribution is not tax deductible. Damn!!)

McCain is way to old.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Young Hero View Post
    What scares me and turns me off is the liberal media attacking anyone who questions Obama. Look what they did to Joe "the plumber" when he simply asked a question, and Obama to his credit, gave an honest answer. Obama wants to spread the wealth which chips away at the American dream. Liberals in the media (and Joe Biden) attacked the guy and do some investigation on the guy and find out that he has some type of lien again him. I see how they treat the average joes.

Young Hero, if you follow the time line you will see that you are mistaken. No one attacked this guy for asking a question. There was no interest in him on Monday or Tuesday. No one looked into his life after he asked his question. No one attacked him in the several news cycles after he asked his question. This all started after John McCain decided to make "Joe" the centerpiece of the last debate.

"Joe" also brought this on himself. He lied, plain and simple. His question was not unreasonable but he was completely dishonest in personalizing it. The facts are that he is not contemplating buying the business. The facts are that if he did buy it the Obama plan would not cause this business to pay additional taxes, actually less. The fact is that he is not working legally as a plumber. The media did not make this up. The attacks on "Joe" have been caused by his dishonesty, nothing else. You would think that before mentioning him repeatedly in front of a TV audience of over 60,000,000 viewers he would at least give the guy a call to warn him and to see if their were any skeletons in the closet that would make him not want to be mentioned. It is McCain who invaded his privacy, not the media.

This entire attack on Obama's tax plan is spurious. His plan returns the highest tax bracket to where it was in the 1990's, 39%, an increase of 3% on earnings over $250,000. What does this mean in real life? It means that if you earn $300,000 you will pay $1,500 more in taxes than under the current plan. If you earn $500,000 you will pay $7,500 in additional taxes. The numbers are actually a bit lower, because you would pay less on the portion of your income under $200,000, but to keep it simple I used these numbers which are not the best for my argument.

For sure, if my business earned $500,000 I would prefer that the $7,500 stay in my pocket rather than the government's. That said, this hysteria about the tax increase disincentivising (is that a word?) work and profit is asinine. The argument that this tax increase will stop the creation of jobs is also ridiculous.

For a little historical perspective, when Ronald Reagan came to power the highest bracket was 70%. After his initial tax bill passed it was lowered to 50%. We are not, as some would have you think, talking about anything radical or extreme.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 1,585 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    McCain is way to old.
    And he is a big phony. He seems to be even more of a warmonger than George Bush, and is just as connected to Big Oil and the war establishment as the Bush family is. Funny that he has tried to cast himself as a reformer, and has even done a few things (in the realm of campaign finance, for example), to show that he is not really the staunch pro-corporate rightwing "conservative" his record otherwise shows him to be. A cynic would say he discovered campaign finance reform after he survived the Keating scandal. I always found it funny that McCain, with one of the most pro-big business, rightwing records in the Senate, tried to run in the primaries as a maverick, moderate Republican (and of course now is doing the same in the general election in order to appeal to the "independent" voters) while Mitt Romney tried to run as a true conservative (a few years after playing the role of moderate Republican governor of Massachusetts).

The NYTimes said about Romney that he is just like John Kerry (sort of the Republican version of the Democratic waffler) in that he is just as unprincipled "only smarter." Well, I would say that McCain is, despite the image he wants to convey, just as unprincipled and opportunistic as Kerry and Romney, but "only dumber."

Of course Obama has had to move to the "center" as well in order to win the general election, and he is not as far to the left as I would like him to be, but if elected, he will be a vast improvement over the Republican madness we have witnessed over the past 8 years. If elected, he will be a centrist; he is clearly an establishment candidate, otherwise he would not have all of the money rolling in from the big players.

Of course, the Congress has struck out, in my view, by almost unanimously going along with each big mistake the Bush administration has forced down its throat through its preferred tactics of fear and deception: 1) Patriot Act, 2) Iraq War Authorization, 3) Wall Street Bank Bailout. We should already know that the first two decisions were mistakes, and it is only a matter of time, I think, before we should know the third was a mistake as well (we already have zillions of economists who have told us this, but corporate welfare is the one kind of welfare that most stubbornly resists reform).

But who are we going to get for President? Someone who was right on these issues? Dennis Kucinich? Vermont Representative Bernie Sanders? Wisconsin Senator Russ Feingold? Are there any others?? Yeah, right.

Of course, both parties are going to take care of big business interests first, but at least Obama is smart, and perhaps we can eventually get back to a more rational foreign and domestic policy, like that of the Clinton years, if we put Obama in charge. It may have seemed that we have an echo rather than a choice, with Demopublicans versus Republicrats, as Ralph Nader has correctly said in years past, but after 8 years of Bush, it seems pretty clear that the Republicans are more radically right and crazy than their "compassionate conservative" image projection would suggest, and there really is some difference between the two parties.

If we put the Democrats completely in charge, maybe we will have just a little more respect, and influence (where it counts), in the world, as a result. And it should be remembered that the Democrats, under Clinton, governed a hell of a lot better than did the Republicans, under either Bush. It is interesting that Clinton was actually more of a real "conservative" than the reckless war-spending and tax-cuts-for-the-rich Bush. He in fact did the things that another war-spending and tax-cuts-for-the-rich guy (Reagan) promised but never delivered: he actually was fiscally responsible, balanced the budget, and reformed welfare (well, for the poor, but not for the rich...) Of course that was with Republicans in control of Congress, to be sure. But still, Clinton was more of a true conservative than Bush has been. And McCain, with his expensive warmongering agenda, and his desire to cut taxes even more for the rich (let's face it, capital gains tax cuts are really only tax cuts for the rich, not anyone else), is hardly a traditional conservative.

Obama is the only choice. Unless you care most about the importance of keeping permanent bases in Iraq to protect the oil fields for Big Oil, and are possibly interested in more neocon/Big Oil wars, and more blatant protectionism for the rich and the biggest corporations at the expense of everybody else.

But don't get me started.
    Last edited by curiousdude; 10-18-2008 at 11:57 AM.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to curiousdude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico View Post
    3Some, I'm a bit surprised and more than a little disappointed. While well produced for its purpose the clip you linked to is not accurate and is actually dangerous.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying this becuae it attacks Obama and the Dems. I have had the exact same reaction over the years to people who call George Bush a Nazi.

These election campaigns get nasty. We engage in it here also. Palin is a know nothing (which I've said) Biden's the dumbest guy in the Senate. McCain's an old man, Oama is hopelessly inexperienced. It can all get rough.

There are lines though. People who cal Bush a Nazi, or say that he planned 9/11, IMO, cross that line. This clip crossed that line also. This type of demonisation is indeed dangerous. In three months one of these guys is going to need to lead this country. It's fine if almost half of the country wanted the other guy. It's not fine if a significant portion of the nation have been conned into seeing the winner as an evil, traitorous individual.

We all saw the Congresswoman from Mn on the tube last night calling for an investigation of the liberals in Congress to find out which ones are "Anti-American." This on the same day that Sarah Palin spoke about there being parts of the country that are "pro-American" and parts that are not.

What's next, we dig up Joe McCarthy and start hearings? Is that the America you want to live in?

I'm not questioning your right to link to this clip, just your judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemp View Post
    3some,

I will NOT edit your post where you posted that clip...but please reconsider editing it yourself and think twice about clips and videos you post in this thread going forward. Remember the Grey areas I spoke about in the original post pertaining to politics on this site. Strong opinions are welcome but lets keep this clean...keep all conspiracy theories and Anti-American clips, racist, links, videos, and rhetoric to yourself. Lets focus on the core issues. 3some please DO NOT ruin this thread. KEEP IT CLEAN!

thx.
    Quote Originally Posted by moshy2k View Post
    How about the back handed reference to "Blacks and reparations". You stand by that racist shit???

FUCK YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by knotty View Post
    it's interesting. what about those beautiful clips with many McCain supporters being ignorant and racist. I've seen many of these videos which definitely pushes the country further back. It's amazing what middle America really thinks of Obama. I believe that will be the turning point of the election if Obama does not win.
    Guys~

I stand behind many of the statements and facts in that clip or I would have not posted it. I watched the clip quite a bit and like I have said many times in the past, I have researched a lot of the statements made. Sure there were one or two things that weren't 100% accurate, but you can find that in Obama supporter's on this site statements also.

Many here have met me and/or have had very long and in depth conversations with me...IF you all think I am a racist, that is your right...but it couldn't be farther from the truth!

I am sorry if some of you could see some indirect references to racism in the clip as that was not my intention. My intention was only to bring some of my views on Obama's very questionable relationships (that the media mostly ignores), and his very frightening policy ideas to the board.

I knew posting it would get me spurned by many on here but never in a million years thought it would get me referred to a racist or supporting racist beliefs. I could truly care less whether Obama was white, black, red, or green! What I care about is the socialist direction our country will go if he is elected.

The link has since been shut down it seems. But I stand by decision to post it. I don't apologize for posting it, only for the unintended consequences it seems came about from it.

Any of the members quoted above or anyone else for that matter that wants to discuss my views on racism, where I stand concerning reparations, or any other related topic...feel free to start a thread (even in the higher levels), PM me or email me. If you click on my user name, it gives you the option to send me a email or a PM here. I would be happy and eager to discuss those views.

Again, I fully am aware of the subject of this board, however I am not the type of person (like many of you on the opposite side of the fence) that can sit idly on the sidelines when I see false things posted about someone I now support. Just not me and won't ever be me.

Oh BTW, not one of my six fully adopted siblings are white....

33. The Following User Says Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 1,585 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3somefan View Post
    Guys~

...What I care about is the socialist direction our country will go if he is elected.
    By "socialist direction" would that include the bank bailout that the Republican Whitehouse pushed through Congress, and which McCain has supported? That propagandistic video you presented discussed the Democratic involvement with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and the like. What about the HUGE Republican involvement in this Wall Street crap? What about McCain's own connections to Freddie Mac? Are you kidding? What kind of "socialism" do you fear?

I, for one, would much prefer a single-payer health care system, yes a "socialized" national health care system, and perhaps even a socialized system of higher education, more like what you will find in Europe, to socialism for Wall Street. But really, BOTH parties, if they are going toward "socialism" at all, are actually veering more toward a "corporate socialism" than to the kind you seem to fear (and which I would actually prefer).

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiousdude For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,949 Times in 4,636 Posts

As stated in the PM i sent you before even reading CD's post!!! 100% agree with him. LOL, this is America 3...Capatalism ground zero! the socialist system you seem to be talking about happening here....NOT! U.S.A. at the closing of the day and the bell rings, its about where the number$ are FIRST!

even when senator Obama wins the presidency, he'll preserve the countries capatalistic proclivities, TRUST!

But really, BOTH parties, if they are going toward "socialism" at all, are actually veering more toward a "corporate socialism" than to the kind you seem to fear (and which I would actually prefer).

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Hemp For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 433 Posts

Papi,
    I only have a few minutes to respond as I'm heading out the door. I saw Joe's comment prior to the debate and knew it was going to be brought up in the debate. Joe never said he made 250k. It's apparently his dream to own a business with 5 or 6 people which would place him in that tax bracket. It really makes no difference to me whether or not he can afford the business as you stated. People such as yourself are calling the guy a liar and others have called him a racist for making other statements. It was a very telling moment (imo) when Obama stated that he wants to redistribute the wealth. He holds some socialistic views, and his tax and health care plans are a perfect example imo. Just fyi - Obama's treasurer apparently has some tax liens but you don't hear much about it.

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Young Hero For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread Information