Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackbeards question

Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 Times in 477 Posts

Re: Blackbeards question

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    I would go for the Penthouse. It's spacious and private.
    Thanks to both of the guys that answered. I am rooming solo so I thought the Jacuzzi room was cool but i could use quite because I will be doing day stuff too like SCUBA and fishing.
    Last edited by Trib; 01-23-2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I would think any of the rooms in the main building would be the most quiet, I would recommend either B-1 or C-1 there are in the corner of the main building as soon as you leave the stairway. Plus you don't get the early morning sun..

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ter319 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ter319 View Post
    I would think any of the rooms in the main building would be the most quiet, I would recommend either B-1 or C-1 there are in the corner of the main building as soon as you leave the stairway. Plus you don't get the early morning sun..
    Perfectly right. I moved from C3 to C1 and the $5 extra means a lot more comfort. Better bed, much larger room and improved WiFi reception are a plus. Noise is not a problem, I mean disco blasting 'til 1h00 is not a REAL problem... bring ear plugs if you like to go to bed early.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to G Major For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've been to DR 4 times stayed in Sosua the first three trips. Decided to try Blackbeards last year. Stayed there for 6 days, it was about 3 days too long. I did have a car ( a must) too far away from everything.
    The restaurant got old very fast.
    Lots of girls and a very good variety, some girls were very good others less enthusiastic. Had a problem with one girl, after going to the Jacuzzi then room, she demanded an extra 500 pesos for the Jacuzzi. I had to go to mama son to straighten things out
    Had trouble with hot water in the rooms. I was staying in the Penthouse.
    All in all I had a good time but I will probably not return.
    Here’s a few pics.

1. Bikini Contest
    2. After contest took both girls for 1000 dp each.
    3. This girl very talented.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GokuSS For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,504 Times in 477 Posts

Thanks to all who gave info. I will book B-1 or C-1. just over 100 days left!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 376 Posts

I hate B-1 because it does not have a normal door. It is a big sliding door that I found to be a pain to lock and slide closed. Also the AC wasn't good in that room. If i go back I will specifically ask not to be given B-1. But if the noise/sun issue is a big deal to you, then maybe you will overlook what bugged me.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Revolutionrock77 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionrock77 View Post
    I hate B-1 because it does not have a normal door. It is a big sliding door that I found to be a pain to lock and slide closed. Also the AC wasn't good in that room. If i go back I will specifically ask not to be given B-1. But if the noise/sun issue is a big deal to you, then maybe you will overlook what bugged me.
    Well I am not a big fan of a/c to begin with, so I usually don't use it much if at all, the fan was good enough for me and I've been there during June and July, but everyone has there own likes.. Going back there at the end of March requesting B-1 so we will see what happens..

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quick question for the BBs regulars, anyone have any experience with any of the restaurants on the beach near Black Beards, I have eaten at the Harley Cafe on one of the few occasions it was actually open and was very good. I also hung out at the little beach Cabana, Sea Witch , blue stand as soon as you are able to enter the beach. Its own by a expat named John, from Boston. Lots of expats hang out there during the day. I also visited Sol Mio on numerous occasions, the pizza was actually better them some places that I had here in NYC. I more interested in the beach ones further down, any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

You have Jose domincan manager, John the owner and one other guy cant remember his name at this time. You also have Johns daughter who works there but is rarely at the front desk she works in the upstairs office next to the disco mostly
    She used to tend bar... funny as she was the only one who asked for a huge tip the day I was leaving LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information