Thread: Whats in walking distance of el conde?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,909 Times in 470 Posts

Question Whats in walking distance of el conde?

I have found maps of SD, but none have a distance scale. What is the distance from the el conde to George Washington is in miles? I'll be staying in Hotel Mercure (thanks to excellent reviews from ISOC members). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

Re: Whats in walking distance of el conde?

By George Washington I presume you mean the Malecon and it's about a half mile away down the hill toward the ocean. There are many place you can hang out on at the Conde that are very worthwhile as you can meet many chicas there. On one end of the Conde is Pacos which is an open air restaurant. This is the entrance point to the Conde and a place to view hundreds of chicas as they go about their day. Working girls also hang out there especially at night so it's a place you can hook up if you want. On the other end of the Conde is Columbus park. This is another location where you can hook up with girls. There is also an open air restaurant there as part of the Hotel Penabla. Food is good. In between these 2 locations are many other places to sit, watch the girls or hook up including park benches or other open air restaurants. Change money at Frank's on the Conde or across the street at Pollo Rey. Pollo Rey usually has a better rate. There's an exchange office on the right in the back. There are a few of us who are very familar with the Conde and can answer any of your questions so fire away. Have a great trip!
    SouthCoast

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks Drjetman. I'll be staying in Hotel Mercure. Is it still chica friendly?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to slipheed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slipheed View Post
    Thanks Drjetman. I'll be staying in Hotel Mercure. Is it still chica friendly?
    It's chica friendly if you're only bringing in one chica. Also, there's a chica fee of about $17. Your best bet is to book the internet special for 2 which includes breakfast for 2. When you bring your chica in, just have them add her name to your room.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    It's chica friendly if you're only bringing in one chica. Also, there's a chica fee of about $17. Your best bet is to book the internet special for 2 which includes breakfast for 2. When you bring your chica in, just have them add her name to your room.
    If you add her name to the room, isn't it possible for her to get a key when your not around?

I worked at hotels for many years and thats how it goes in NYC. If you put someone's name on your room they have just as much access as you do.
    I've offended you.....goood

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,007 Times in 3,410 Posts

I have found maps of SD, but none have a distance scale. What is the distance from the el conde to George Washington is in miles? I'll be staying in Hotel Mercure (thanks to excellent reviews from ISOC members). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello slipheed

It is hard to say exactly how long it is in miles since El Conde is a half-mile-long area and George Washington Ave. is several miles long.

But from Hotel Mercue (in El Conde) to the Napolitano Hotel (on George Wash Ave.) is a 10-minute walk (half mile).

Here are maps with step by step directions for you.

A walk along George Washington Ave.
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ad.php?t=63820

Another walk along George Washington Ave.
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ad.php?t=54598

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cheeno For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    If you add her name to the room, isn't it possible for her to get a key when your not around?

I worked at hotels for many years and thats how it goes in NYC. If you put someone's name on your room they have just as much access as you do.
    Yes and no!

True in theory. But the desk clerks understand this is just a formality. The Hotel had some problems with hoes in the past so the manager started this new policy so the guest would be responsible for the chica and not the hotel. Also, when slipheed used the term "chica friendly", i assumed he was in fact referring to bringing hoes into his room. And i also assumed he wouldn't be leaving them alone. When he dismisses her, the name comes off his registration if he requests.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Awesome, now I have a realitive sense of distance and direction. You guys rock!!!! I will be making a detailed map of the Zona Colonial area, with all the good and bad spots.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slipheed For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 11,007 Times in 3,410 Posts

Awesome, now I have a realitive sense of distance and direction. You guys rock!!!! I will be making a detailed map of the Zona Colonial area, with all the good and bad spots.

Directions from El Conde to the Hilton Hotel along Independencia Ave. which is the main road right next to George Washington Ave.
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ad.php?t=35457

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cheeno For This Useful Post:

Thread Information