Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 12/2008 - Problem? Report it in this thread!

Thanks
    Thanked 26,907 Times in 6,119 Posts

Re: Problem? Report it in this thread!

having issues with the thumbnails. i click on it and the pics get stuck in the loading stage, but never completes.

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by knotty View Post
    having issues with the thumbnails. i click on it and the pics get stuck in the loading stage, but never completes.
    Are you talking about Thumbnails in Albums or Attachments? What browser, vBulletin uses Lightbox now.
    Try our new ISOC Features!
    • Create a Countdown Timer for your upcoming trip or a special date here.
    • Print out one of our Money Cheat Sheets so you know much shit costs! here
    • Create Albums for your Pictures here.
    • Join Social Groups to view other's Albums here.
    • Browse our concise & informative Wiki here.
    • Learn Spanish, Check Exchange Rates, or The Weather.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas View Post
    Are you talking about Thumbnails in Albums or Attachments? What browser, vBulletin uses Lightbox now.
    using mozilla firefox. and it's the attachments.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knotty View Post
    using mozilla firefox. and it's the attachments.
    Ok I get the same issue with Firefox 2.x & 3.x I have both versions for testing.

So many new settings I might have missed something but for now I do have a work around. If you click the loading lightbox the picture will open in a new tab. What's even more odd if you try to open the same attachment again it will open in the lightbox with no issues. Let me know if this work around works for you while I look into a correct solution.

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

auto image resizer not working???

I open jjs thread and the image is bigger than layout.

I am on default? I tried other options there but it still blows up big.....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    auto image resizer not working???

I open jjs thread and the image is bigger than layout.

I am on default? I tried other options there but it still blows up big.....
    I am aware of this issue and it's on my list.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas View Post
    Ok I get the same issue with Firefox 2.x & 3.x I have both versions for testing.

So many new settings I might have missed something but for now I do have a work around. If you click the loading lightbox the picture will open in a new tab. What's even more odd if you try to open the same attachment again it will open in the lightbox with no issues. Let me know if this work around works for you while I look into a correct solution.
    i tried it the way you stated, and it worked.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to knotty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,105 Times in 4,296 Posts

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh crap ! ! !

can't find my room or the FUCK YOU button ? ? ?
    Who me ? ? ?
    nahhhh . . . move along, move along . . .

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

I just clicked the reply button in this thread, and i smokeds half a cigerrette waiting for the screen to change, which allows me to type what i am typing now. Every link i click on now, it seems to take a minute or it times me out.

Also am trying to complete my trip report, but, i cant seem up-load all my pictures. Before it was simple, click on vb image host, upload my pics, then copy and post the img to my thread and wala, my pictures are now in my thread. Now i have bno friggen clue how to post pictures.

I am assuming i click on file upload, but, when i do that, i got to wait one minute for that screen to appear, and then i try to uload a picture and i get this

This file extension is prohibited
    File type you choose: jpg

Its to bad, i had over 50 pictures to share, and most of them were of chicas, not food

Is there a thread that tells us how to post jpg pictures?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cainer View Post
    I just clicked the reply button in this thread, and i smokeds half a cigerrette waiting for the screen to change, which allows me to type what i am typing now. Every link i click on now, it seems to take a minute or it times me out.

Also am trying to complete my trip report, but, i cant seem up-load all my pictures. Before it was simple, click on vb image host, upload my pics, then copy and post the img to my thread and wala, my pictures are now in my thread. Now i have bno friggen clue how to post pictures.

I am assuming i click on file upload, but, when i do that, i got to wait one minute for that screen to appear, and then i try to uload a picture and i get this

This file extension is prohibited
    File type you choose: jpg

Its to bad, i had over 50 pictures to share, and most of them were of chicas, not food

Is there a thread that tells us how to post jpg pictures?
    It's the new software version, we are getting a new server so bear with it a couple more days.

As for pictures, vbImageHost needs to be rewritten to work with the new software version. All your old pictures are still there as for new pictures and how to upload in the future read the following thread.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?t=151411

Thanks

thanks don. I got the how to post pictures figured out now. It wasnt as hard as i first thought.

I also beleive that anyone in the green section has access to all my pictures that i wish to store here. I personally dont like that idea.

If i had my preference, id like to store my pics and share if i so choose to share. Am i correct in saying that anyone now has access to all the pics i just took and uploaded onto this site? If so, i do not like this idea. JMHO

Thanks

thanks don. I got the how to post pictures figured out now. It wasnt as hard as i first thought.

I also beleive that anyone in the green section has access to all my pictures that i wish to store here. I personally dont like that idea.

If i had my preference, id like to store my pics and share if i so choose to share. Am i correct in saying that anyone now has access to all the pics i just took and uploaded onto this site? If so, i do not like this idea. JMHO

IF You made the album Private, access is limited to:
    • Your Friends
    • Moderators/Admins
    • If you post the image with IMG bbcode in a post, then of course it's only the pics you post.
    If you made the album Public, then yes everyone can see the pics.

Thanks

Excuse me if i sound dumb here, but, i been away for a week.

I am assuming this web site has had a major overhaul. And that this thread is to report what dislikes or problems we are having, so, ill make a list of what ive noticed.

First off, every friggen thing i click on, takes forever to load on my screen. If i wished to read a bunch of reports and click the reply button, to actually make a reply, I have to wait and wait and wait for sometimes up to a minute.

Everything takes 3 times as long to do. I am almost at the point, where i wish to not reply to anything(which might make some hapy) due to it being so slow and taking away alot of my time.

If i give someone a thankyou, that even takes time. If i just gave out 5 thank yous to people and now wish to hit the back button to return to the previous page, i have to now hit the back button 6 times(instead of one time) as it counts my thank yous as pages that ive visited.

Ive also noticed that at times u will click the reply button, and u are suppose to get a new screen where u can actually type your replys. But, sometimes u dont get this new screen, even thou it tells my interent explorer it is processing it.

I know you guys are trying to make this site more managable to navigate around it, so this post is not a kock against the site but more of a report of what problems ive occured and hopefully they can be corrected.

Thanks

Excuse me if i sound dumb here, but, i been away for a week.

I am assuming this web site has had a major overhaul. And that this thread is to report what dislikes or problems we are having, so, ill make a list of what ive noticed.

First off, every friggen thing i click on, takes forever to load on my screen. If i wished to read a bunch of reports and click the reply button, to actually make a reply, I have to wait and wait and wait for sometimes up to a minute.

Everything takes 3 times as long to do. I am almost at the point, where i wish to not reply to anything(which might make some hapy) due to it being so slow and taking away alot of my time.

If i give someone a thankyou, that even takes time. If i just gave out 5 thank yous to people and now wish to hit the back button to return to the previous page, i have to now hit the back button 6 times(instead of one time) as it counts my thank yous as pages that ive visited.

Ive also noticed that at times u will click the reply button, and u are suppose to get a new screen where u can actually type your replys. But, sometimes u dont get this new screen, even thou it tells my interent explorer it is processing it.

I know you guys are trying to make this site more managable to navigate around it, so this post is not a kock against the site but more of a report of what problems ive occured and hopefully they can be corrected.
    I debated the software upgrade before the server upgrade since the minimum requirements for the new software were higher then our current hardware. But since Jimmy was in Colombia and the security issues were too great I felt going ahead with the software upgrade was top priority.

As I have mentioned in several threads, please be paitent, the new server has been ordered and as soon as it is ready I will transfer everything over.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Tomas For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,322 Posts

Not sure if this was reported but when you click the 'Thank You' button it puts you at the beginning of the post, which I guess would be ok if it was a short post, but it's gets annoying fast if it's a very long one.
    We surveyed 100 chicas and the top 69 answers are on the board. Here's the question...

I.S.O.B.B.C.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick Dawson For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Dawson View Post
    Not sure if this was reported but when you click the 'Thank You' button it puts you at the beginning of the post, which I guess would be ok if it was a short post, but it's gets annoying fast if it's a very long one.
    It's on the annoyance list, ie not critical.

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

Sweet server. Good job DT. It is smoking...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunter For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
    Sweet server. Good job DT. It is smoking...
    Just wait...

Right now I am copying LARGE amounts of data from the old server on the host's internal network so that is slowing things down.

Plus there are still some tweaks to be done.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Tomas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Its nice to actually click on a link and actually go somewhere. Thanks dt. Its running pretty good now. I think i also read we cant post pictures at this moment, is this true?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to cainer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Its nice to actually click on a link and actually go somewhere. Thanks dt. Its running pretty good now. I think i also read we cant post pictures at this moment, is this true?
    You can use Albums, but right now vbImageHost and the File Upload Center are deactivated.

To avoid two files with the same name, files uploaded are randomly renamed, until I get the old files over there could be a chance a new file uploaded could be randomly renamed to the same name as an existing file.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Don Tomas For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information