Thread: What are the current visa fees?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,909 Times in 470 Posts

Question What are the current visa fees?

Anyone tell me what the current enter and exit fees are? Only plan on being in country 5 days.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: What are the current visa fees?

As you enter the lobby area for immigration, which is the first lobby you reach after exiting the plane, there is a small booth/stand to the right. Go there first and purchase a "tourist card" (the visa) for $10.00 USD. After they give you your card, walk over to the roped off lanes which lead to the immigration booths. As you exit the ropes there will be a person to take your "tourist card" and direct you to an immigration officer. Simple. 5 days is not enough time spent there to have to pay an exit tax.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vincent Vega For This Useful Post:

Thanks

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...019#post460019 Hey Slipheed, read this post as well

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vincent Vega For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slipheed View Post
    Anyone tell me what the current enter and exit fees are? Only plan on being in country 5 days.
    Not sure if everything is the same for canadians and americans, but, for my recent 7 day trip, we paid the $10 tourist fee when we landed and also the $20 departure tax on our return.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cainer For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cainer View Post
    Not sure if everything is the same for canadians and americans, but, for my recent 7 day trip, we paid the $10 tourist fee when we landed and also the $20 departure tax on our return.
    I think any exit fee is built into the ticket price for U.S. travelers. I fly American a lot and they also include exit fee in many of their Caribbean destination ticket costs.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks

As you leave SDQ, in the lobby just past the metal detectors and before the immigration booths, there are signs posted on the columns with a list of exit taxes. Under 30 days, it is free. After 30 days, there is a graduated list of prices. The longer you stay, the more expensive it is.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vincent Vega For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 857 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wmarks345 View Post
    As you leave SDQ, in the lobby just past the metal detectors and before the immigration booths, there are signs posted on the columns with a list of exit taxes. Under 30 days, it is free. After 30 days, there is a graduated list of prices. The longer you stay, the more expensive it is.
    Here is a link to the official fees http://www.migracion.gov.do/tarifas/vextranjeria.htm

Thanks

Where you flying a charter flight?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cuba Libre View Post
    Where you flying a charter flight?
    Yes, when i went in may, we didnt have to pay the tourist card, but, for some reason, this time we did. I inquired why it wasnt included in the price and some excuse of the government got involved and it cant be done this way anymore?

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Last time I went over a year ago the tourist card was given to us on the plane. It was included in the ticket, but the departure tax was always paid when leaving. For all 12 of my trips by charter it was this way in 2004 to 2007.

Used to be the the other way around for non charter scheduled flights, they paid for the tourist card and the departure tax was included in the ticket.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kevy View Post
    Last time I went over a year ago the tourist card was given to us on the plane. It was included in the ticket, but the departure tax was always paid when leaving. For all 12 of my trips by charter it was this way in 2004 to 2007.

Used to be the the other way around for non charter scheduled flights, they paid for the tourist card and the departure tax was included in the ticket.
    My guess now is that when u fly with sunwings, u have to pay the tourist card now. It was actually kind of funny as they got on the PA system and told everyone that we had to get in this one line and buy the tourist card. The cost was going to be either $10 canadian or $10 american. I have both currencies with me.

I was one of the first ones to get into line and of course the Dominican guy says to me, no accepto canadian dolares, solo americano. Now there is a plane full of 400 Canadians all being told that their currency is not acepted here. If u dont have american money, your fucked. Everyone was trading money with one another.

How fuckign stupid are these dominicans? Do they automatically think that everyone in the world has USA money on them? Cant they just do the conversion rates themselves and say it is $10 american or $12 canadian? Oh wait, they dont like our coins, thats it

On my departure, I had all these dominican porters at the airport, actually trading me all these canadian loonies and toonies that they got as propinas. I actually ripped them off for a change I got the last laugh

Thanks

Hey Cainer, they wont even take Dominican pesos for the tourist card!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Vincent Vega For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,909 Times in 470 Posts

Thank you everyone

Thanks

Hey Cainer, they wont even take Dominican pesos for the tourist card!
    I didnt have pesos with me, so, i did not ask that question. Cant answer that one.

San Felipe de Puerto Plata, La Republica Dominicana
    Thanks

I always fly WestJet and in my three trips this year, I have never had to pay a tourist fee or a departure tax. The tourist card included in the ticket, and, frankly, I've never heard of the departure tax. I guess it's included also.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to terrierist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I dont remembr paying either of them in may either. For sure, i didnt pay the tourists card fee. Maybe things have changed now, or maybe its just which airline u travel on.

Thanks

Look at Cuba Libre's post. It is the official web page for DR immigration. If you stay less than 30 days, there is no exit tax.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Vincent Vega For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Look at Cuba Libre's post. It is the official web page for DR immigration. If you stay less than 30 days, there is no exit tax.
    U are saying the word exit tax, i am saying the word departure tax. All i know is that they kept broadcasting over the PA system that we all had to go to this one booth and pay the $20 departure tax. If you didnt pay it, you couldnt board the plane.

Thanks

I'm not sure that can be called an exit tax.

In the past it has been described as a fine/fee for overstaying your tourist visa/card.

But what do I know, I'm just a gringo.

Thanks

"Exit Tax" were my words. That is the phrase used in Honduras and they do collect it as you leave Honduras. The point is, if you stay less than 30 days, there is no need to pay anything to leave the DR.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Vincent Vega For This Useful Post:

Thread Information