Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 01/2009 - Around the Jaragua: A Walking Tour of Santo Domingo Clubs Near the Jaragua

Thanks

Re: Around the Jaragua: A Walking Tour of Santo Domingo Clubs Near the Jaragua

This is an awesome thread and answers a ton of newbie questions for as it looks like I will be staying at the Intercontinental for business the first week of Aug for my first visit to DR!

Thanks again!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Babyboy31 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by craps7 View Post
    This is an awesome thread and answers a ton of newbie questions for as it looks like I will be staying at the Intercontinental for business the first week of Aug for my first visit to DR!

Thanks again!
    Learn the cabanas and ST hotels. There is no outside punani allowed at the Intercontinental. The fine (bribe) costs more than the Chica.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Like Grey said there are plenty of Cabanas in the area, disguised as hotels, Mystic Hotel, which is next door to the Girls House, and another around the corner on Independencia, can't recall the name now. But it is located on Independencia on the corner next door to the Wellington Hotel. Stay away from the Wellington, as I understand it is owned by a gay French dude, and basically caters to that type of clientele, unless that is what you are into, in which case you probably wouldn't be on this particular site.

On a side note, last week either it was Thursday or Friday night, since I was moving I had rented a car, but I was with my semi regular chica and I couldn't stop to inquire about what they were asking, anyway we passed by that area on Independencia from the Jaguara hotel up to about Ave. Delgado, and the talent was amazing (drop dead gorgeous amazing), I guess because it is slow due to the economy etc., but I gather that many of the girls from the big clubs must be out trying to get something extra when they get off from the clubs if they hadn't scored. It had to be around 2:00 or 2:30 am. But if you do it, remember it is a buyer's market, that is why (the ones that might not normally be out there) are out there now. Pay and negotiate accordingly.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    ... as I understand it is owned by a gay French dude, and basically caters to that type of clientele, unless that is what you are into, in which case you probably wouldn't be on this particular site.
    Definately NOT going to be visiting the Wellington!!

.. It had to be around 2:00 or 2:30 am.
    Is it safe for a very caucasion male to be out wandering this late?

Also for a first timer is there any cabbies you recommend that speak decent English and will take a monger on a driving tour and point out the important sites? What about from the Airport?

Thanks again for the help.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Babyboy31 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craps7 View Post
    Is it safe for a very caucasion male to be out wandering this late?

Also for a first timer is there any cabbies you recommend that speak decent English and will take a monger on a driving tour and point out the important sites? What about from the Airport?

Thanks again for the help.
    As always use caution, and be aware of your surroundings. I was in a rental so no big deal at all. As far as cabbies plenty of them will take you on a "tour" Meet up with one when you get there, and let him know what you have in mind, and to make himself available, shouldn't be a problem. I know P2 has a few favorite cabbies (you can pm him for the info), I have one myself, but he normally only works days. I have met a few others as well that seemed more than happy to have a steady client. I have sent cabbies all over the city to pick up favoritas and bring them to me, and be on call for when I am done to take them back. Just rap, and let him know just like you let the chicas know, you will be comparing his price to others. Normally except for the Mafioso cabbies on the Conde, they will be more than willing to work with you.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,361 Times in 13,901 Posts

Most cabbies spend an inordinate amount of time waiting, either for their "turn" at the airports and hotels and other key areas, while others wait at specific locations in the city, waiting for a call in their general area.

As a result, they have a TON of down time.

They definitely appreciate a steady customer like Yayow and P2, and will be more than happy to reach an agreement on price that's acceptable to both, at far less than what the average one or two time user will pay.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,063 Times in 211 Posts

Excellent thread fellas....gracias!!
    Todos son rosa dentro

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to El Chivo For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by El Chivo View Post
    Excellent thread fellas....gracias!!
    Yeagh, this thread is a MUST READ if you plan on visiting La Capital, and should be bookmarked for future reference.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Yeagh, this thread is a MUST READ if you plan on visiting La Capital, and should be bookmarked for future reference.

I have heard Riazor on more than one occasion now is it agreed this is a good place? What about what he said about the extra $7 for a guest only sometimes. Does anyone have any guest experience to share about the cost?

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 857 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    I have heard Riazor on more than one occasion now is it agreed this is a good place? What about what he said about the extra $7 for a guest only sometimes. Does anyone have any guest experience to share about the cost?
    I noticed that 250/330 of your posts are asking the same redundant hotel questions and most answers are found by searching, have you even made your maiden trip yet?

Cheeno, Greydread and Yayow have all posted quite detailed SDQ hotel intel, try using it!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cuba Libre For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cuba Libre View Post
    I noticed that 250/330 of your posts are asking the same redundant hotel questions and most answers are found by searching, have you even made your maiden trip yet?

Cheeno, Greydread and Yayow have all posted quite detailed SDQ hotel intel, try using it!
    When I was there in June I was only in POP and Sosua briefly. I did read Cheeno's report and others but only saw one mention of the extra guest fees at Riazor. The questions may be redundant but as many have posted things change constantly in the DR and so do the hotels so I was just trying to figure out the best places to stay. It seems at least to me more interesting than reading about people bitching about stuff.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

$7 guest fee is CHEAP, and well worth it, because some of the other hotels will hit you with a $24 guest fee, and poss even more. They tried that shit with us at the Barcelo Lina eventhough we tipped the guards at night.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Why the Drama? For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Mike Lodge try this thread, has some info about hotels etc. around the colonial zone. Maybe it can answer a few of your questions.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...=169387&page=2

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,193 Times in 1,151 Posts

stayed with my girl at the InterContinental right next to the Jaragua last week and it was quite nice and resonably priced @ 84.00 for the night
    and damn i saw lots of hotties walking el Conde day and night
    CHICA_SEEKA

" NEVER LEAVE YOUR WINGMAN'

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicaSeeka For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChicaSeeka View Post
    stayed with my girl at the InterContinental right next to the Jaragua last week and it was quite nice and resonably priced @ 84.00 for the night
    Any of the big hotels on the Malecon are nice and you can find a deal for most of them via the internet, the only problem with those hotels are they as a rule aren't monger friendly, so if you are coming with a chica, I certainly recommend them, but if you are planning on bringing a few strays in, you need to think twice, because you will pay with frustration and to bribe the staff, and that is not worth it, in my book.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChicaSeeka View Post

If it was next to jaragua you were at the Melia. Intercontinental is a few blocks eat of jaragu just after Pasteur.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Any of the big hotels on the Malecon are nice and you can find a deal for most of them via the internet, the only problem with those hotels are they as a rule aren't monger friendly, so if you are coming with a chica, I certainly recommend them, but if you are planning on bringing a few strays in, you need to think twice, because you will pay with frustration and to bribe the staff, and that is not worth it, in my book.
    ]
    Thanks Yayow I read your link again you recommended above and it has great info for the Capitol.
    Last edited by mikelodge; 08-26-2009 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 470 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: Around the Jaragua: A Walking Tour of Santo Domingo Clubs Near the Jaragua

I'm just now reading this thread as I did not plan on doing as much as I did in the capital due to the short stay...I will be flying into the capital this time and spending more time there. Thanks for the maps and all the info.

Even though I can allegedly get the hookup from a friend for a $59 room at the Jaragua, I plan on sticking with the Aparta Hotel Roma.
    I'm out for dead Presidentes to represent me...

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to chicmatic For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I went twice around the track today; once when it was light to make it easier to get around and then around 8pm. It was a Monday night if that has any impact.

The Parada club and Riky's were both closed at 8pm.

At 6pm there were 3 girls in the Girl House (all 5's). At 8pm there were about 10 chicas at Sky High. 4,5, and 6's and 2 7's. The one I took gave rushed service.

She originally tried to charge me 3500 until I said it was 2500 next door. I let her buy a drink and her whiskey and my beer cost 450 (no change given from 500). And the taxi driver charged 300 when I said it should be 200 but the house security said 300 so I didn't want to make a scene or walk away with chica in tow.

I expect several veterans to laugh at me now....go ahead.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summit For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information