Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Re: Playa Grande

page 6 playa grande pics
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Great pictures, looking at them makes me jones for golf, used to be a big golfer Myrtle Beach twice a years for ten years also Ocean City at least ten times, also many other great courses throughout the tri-state area. The sad thing is, I have lived here for about 16 months and have never golfed down here. I have three sets of clubs in storage in Indianapolis including a driver that I paid over $500 for and only used twice, I pay that storage fee every month waiting for my residency to go up there and bring the stuff down here. Waiting for my residency is an excuse, don't know why I let my aunt talk me into considering moving to Indy. Should have left my stuff in storage in NY, would have been much easier and cheaper to get it to D.R. from there, everytime I've looked and I haven't in awhile it is so expensive to ship stuff from the midwest to D.R.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have been golfing at PLaya Grande since I first time came to Sousa... It is located a few miles pass Rio San Juan...depending on the road about a 1 hour drive...the cost to golf there is $82 US green fees includes a golf cart and range balls ...$20 US caddie fee....twilight rate starting at 1:00 p.m...club rentals are $20 US

the first time I golfed there I payed $50 US for the taxi service to get there and back... a newbie mistake..this last trip cost me $150 pesos each way... lets see $300 pesos = $8.33 US a big difference...

if you are staying at the New Garden turn left down rosen to the intersection where there is a taxi stand this the one that cost me $50 US the first trip down here...keep walking to main street where the traffic lights are .....the public taxi stand is across the street....there are two different taxis here...Sousa to Rio San Juan & Sousa to Puerto Plata..

$100 pesos gives you the front seat in one these taxis...
    Take the Sousa to Rio San Juan taxi...the golf clubs go in the trunk...get off at the last stop in Rio San Juan and then catch a public campu $50 pesos for last couple miles to the golf course...it is a short walk to the club house...

I saved a lot of money this last trip.... when I got to the golf course I pulled out my money to pay and I had forgotten to bring $102 US for the golf....so I am sitting there with $1700 pesos another $20 in US not nearly enough ...$3600 pesos to play....the manager asks how much money I
    have...I tell him $2400 pesos...but I need aleast $300 pesos to get back to Sousa...he asks if I was playing more golf during my stay I said yes...he says no problem...I give him the 2100 pesos he gives me the $20 Us to pay the caddie...another 500 pesos to buy refreshments on the course...He says I must walk I smile say no problem...I am off golfing for 1500 pesos = $41 US...

It was another wonderful day at the course, breahtaking veiws and great round of golf....tip the caddy another $200 pesos he deserved it walking up and down that cousre....I believe walking helped me play a great round golf it gave a great feel for the golf course... so I go back to office to pick up my bag and the manager is there so we chat for awhile and I ask him when I come back tommorow can I have the same price as today...he says yes ...priceless....off I go ...played another three rounds during my
    stay...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Great pictures, looking at them makes me jones for golf, used to be a big golfer Myrtle Beach twice a years for ten years also Ocean City at least ten times, also many other great courses throughout the tri-state area. The sad thing is, I have lived here for about 16 months and have never golfed down here. I have three sets of clubs in storage in Indianapolis including a driver that I paid over $500 for and only used twice, I pay that storage fee every month waiting for my residency to go up there and bring the stuff down here. Waiting for my residency is an excuse, don't know why I let my aunt talk me into considering moving to Indy. Should have left my stuff in storage in NY, would have been much easier and cheaper to get it to D.R. from there, everytime I've looked and I haven't in awhile it is so expensive to ship stuff from the midwest to D.R.
    the golf clubs are free to bring on a trip.... sportings goods...as long the weight does not exceed 50 pounds..

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Citynights For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 97,678 Times in 17,146 Posts

My first trip to DR I rented a car and drove to Playa Grande... that was a head buzz... pot holes the size of volkswagons Great tip on the public tran... Great course... actually not that hard.... I shot awesome there that day

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Citynights View Post
    the golf clubs are free to bring on a trip.... sportings goods...as long the weight does not exceed 50 pounds..
    Yeah I know but before I moved down here I was planning on moving to Indy (spend half the year there and half here to be close to some relatives there, but instead put all my stuff in storage in Indy and to be quite frank with you have no real desire to go to Indy anytime soon, unless I am going to get all of my stuff. If I had put it in storage in NY that would be different because I don't mind going to NY for a minute. But I am not going to Indy just for the clubs.

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Nice pics buddy, can not recall if I ever told you last year, but golf is what put me thru college back in the 70's at USF in Tampa. I go to the range a lot hee in NY, but only get on the courses 6 to 8 times during the summer. I can not stand the 5 hr rounds, and some of the prices are outrageous.
    Now, that I finally see u posting some pics, show me some chicas!!!
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

Thread Information