Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tourists must pay 15$ at customs

Thanks
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 734 Posts

Mad Tourists must pay 15$ at customs

The Dominican Air Force has purchased a number of propeller aircraft ('Súper Tucano's') to help in the fight against drug smugglers. The government has borrowed 92 million dollars (to pay for these aircraft) from the American government, and plans to generate funds to cover this amount by charging tourists an extra tax. When entering or leaving the country, tourists will be charged 15$ from 1 February onwards. It is not clear if this is a temporary charge, which will cease once the aircraft are paid for, or whether this is a permanent tax.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Re: Tourists must pay 15$ at customs

Yea I saw that. Its the dominican logic of "Hey theres less tourists coming in we need to raise the prices!".
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 26,907 Times in 6,119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    Yea I saw that. Its the dominican logic of "Hey theres less tourists coming in we need to raise the prices!".
    this logic occurs everywhere. not just dominican logic.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to knotty For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Is it $15.00 in addition to the $10.00 tourist card? A total of $25.00? And if I pay this new tax upon entering the country, I will be charged an additional $15.00 as I leave?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Vincent Vega For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

The Dominicans are clearly not as smart as the Colombians. The Colombians get all that shit for free. The DR government needs to fabricate a marxist guerilla problem and wait for the $$ to flow!
    A while back I predicted that, as the noose tightens around TFG's neck, both he and the Maga Morons here would post ever more idiotic crap. Right again.

“It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent a peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next," McConnell told reporters. "That’s what it was."

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PapiQueRico For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gmalet View Post
    The Dominican Air Force has purchased a number of propeller aircraft ('Súper Tucano's') to help in the fight against drug smugglers.
    Apparently this type of aircraft is useless for this sort of low altitude work. Perhaps our resident aviation expert will elaborate? The other problem is that many of the biggest drug smugglers are in the military as Leonel has just admitted publicly. Perhaps it should read "to help in drug smuggling" instead.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    Apparently this type of aircraft is useless for this sort of low altitude work. Perhaps our resident aviation expert will elaborate? The other problem is that many of the biggest drug smugglers are in the military as Leonel has just admitted publicly. Perhaps it should read "to help in drug smuggling" instead.
    This is the same type of aircraft which the Mexican government has been using to transport the drugs in Zapotec areas of the Yucatan for years. They are greedy and that is why the Zapotecs run into Oaxaca and tear shit up every so often. The Dominican government will use the $15 tax for a future purchase of helicopters to get the drugs moved out of mountainous growing regions in the West. We have seen this before. I guess this strategy is the under the table discussion at the OAS meetings.

The Colombians blamed "Marxists", the Mexicans blamed "Zapotecs" and it won't be long before the Dominicans assign a face for it's "drug problems".

I can imagine the strategists conversation right now:

"Hey, we've got a bunch of Haitians that nobody likes very much. Let's use them"
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 5,636 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico View Post
    The Dominicans are clearly not as smart as the Colombians. The Colombians get all that shit for free. The DR government needs to fabricate a marxist guerilla problem and wait for the $$ to flow!
    The key word to get more US Aid is "narco-terrorists." This little buzz word will open the purse strings for the War on Drugs and War on Terror.
    Blue Devil

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlueDevil For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 699 Posts

Sick of them and their damn fees. Half of my damn plane ticket price is fees, $141 dollars of the $350-$450 price.
    Viejo Verde

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ingus_Khan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ingus_Khan View Post
    Sick of them and their damn fees. Half of my damn plane ticket price is fees, $141 dollars of the $350-$450 price.
    Yea when the taxes are almost as much as the ticket theres a problem. So is the $15 another $5 for the tourist card or do they tack the money onto the ticket?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    Yea when the taxes are almost as much as the ticket theres a problem. So is the $15 another $5 for the tourist card or do they tack the money onto the ticket?
    Almost kinda wipes out the saving in putang we get when there!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,287 Times in 716 Posts

I left Feb 2 from SDQ and they didn't charge me anything that I'm aware of. Of course, it may well be included in the $130+ that I paid in tax on a $160 ticket from Miami.
    Ah but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to KoKi9290 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 734 Posts

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just another of their alleged "fees" we have to pay for the privilege of visiting their fine country! Wow! Do I sound cynical?
    Soy un zorro en una jauria de perros

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Downtown For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,322 Times in 699 Posts

It says entering or leaving the DR. so is it $30 for a round trip ticket? And given all the BS scams( I have been asked for birthday regalos buy at least 3 different customs agents with their cute little notes behind the counters) hopefully I won't be asked by several people to pay the new tax just to see how gulible I am.

What can you do. Everybody who can stick it to ya without you having recourse will do so. Hell the price of oil has been stable around $40 bucks for 1 month or so but mysteriously "all" the gas stations in the city have crept up from $1.68 per gallon to $2.00 per gallon in that same period. I guess revenue from $4+ a gallon is very addictive. And the airlines have made it clear when they were asked that they were not going to stop all the extra fees they have instuted because of the "high oil price" because they need to recope losses.

Guess the first DR chica gets fucked extra hard to make me feel better for the taxes and the increase in the pussy base price to 1500DR

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ingus_Khan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Don't forget the $20 Departure tax that if you fly a charter, you have to pay when you leave or is already added to your ticket. PLus $10 tourist card plus this $15 fee.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,993 Times in 1,045 Posts

Go to Colombia. They haven't raised their fees.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ElPlomero View Post
    Go to Colombia. They haven't raised their fees.
    No, just pay it and keep going to DR.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Winter: Sosua * Summer: Sometimes North, Sometime South
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,829 Times in 2,435 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    No, just pay it and keep going to DR.

....funny...I wish everyone would start going to Colombia.....

Give me a chair on a beach....hand me a beer....have some chicas hanging around....oh happy days!!

C.I.S.O.C.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Ram For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

It says entering or leaving the DR. so is it $30 for a round trip ticket? And given all the BS scams( I have been asked for birthday regalos buy at least 3 different customs agents with their cute little notes behind the counters) hopefully I won't be asked by several people to pay the new tax just to see how gulible I am.

What can you do. Everybody who can stick it to ya without you having recourse will do so. Hell the price of oil has been stable around $40 bucks for 1 month or so but mysteriously "all" the gas stations in the city have crept up from $1.68 per gallon to $2.00 per gallon in that same period. I guess revenue from $4+ a gallon is very addictive. And the airlines have made it clear when they were asked that they were not going to stop all the extra fees they have instuted because of the "high oil price" because they need to recope losses.

Guess the first DR chica gets fucked extra hard to make me feel better for the taxes and the increase in the pussy base price to 1500DR
    If i didnt look at the name on this post, i would have sworn i wrote it. I couldnt be more in agreement.

Gas in Canada was $0.69 a litre and the barrel was at $40. The barrel is still at $40 but gas is now $0.85 a litre. Pisses me off that someone is ripping us off. I was told it is the refineries that are now gouging us and charging more to refine the oil into gasoline. That is why prices are still rising when the barrel of oil hasnt

Last year when i flew to the DR, the departure tax was included in my ticket.( a Canadian thing i guess) but IN december, i had to pay the $20 departure tax. It looks like this time, its going to be the same extra $20 and now another $15

The tax on my airline ticket was $300, this time, its $315. When does the gouging stop?

If u add all the added taxes that i have to pay on this trip, its going to be about $60 more then previous trips. $10 more for gas to get to and from the airport, about $15 on my ticket and another $35 just to leave the DR.

No wonder everyone is broke

Ps, most of these taxes are in American funds, so add another %20 onto the total. Fuckers in Dr dont even take our money

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information