Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tourists must pay 15$ at customs

Thanks

Re: Tourists must pay 15$ at customs

its only $5 more. it isnt going to break me. However I resent the taxes we must pay to The U.S. gov't and the DR gov't. which ends up costing more than jetblue charges for the damn flight in the first place.
    I WILL KEEP MY GUNS
    MY FREEDOM
    AND MY MONEY!

YOU CAN KEEP
    THE CHANGE!!!!!!

Thanks

correct, The biggest drug smugglers there are , the Military and the police of which he just fired 700 and put them in jail. THey transport the drugs for the growers and dealers because it pays 100 times more than what the govt pays them. Leonel and the other politicians are making a few hundred thousand and do not care to use money they do have better.

Until they use the millions of dollars they make from charging extremely high gas prices relative to what the purchase it for (they buy the shit from Chavez dirt cheap) to pay the cops and the Military more than $50-100 a month while Leonel, the president, and all of the Politicians who claim they are not corrupt use that money to line their pockets, they are going to have these problems. And the big drug growers and dealers pay the cops their to kill their competition.

I agree with your line of thinking but I am not sure about the Haitian thing.

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    This is the same type of aircraft which the Mexican government has been using to transport the drugs in Zapotec areas of the Yucatan for years. They are greedy and that is why the Zapotecs run into Oaxaca and tear shit up every so often. The Dominican government will use the $15 tax for a future purchase of helicopters to get the drugs moved out of mountainous growing regions in the West. We have seen this before. I guess this strategy is the under the table discussion at the OAS meetings.

The Colombians blamed "Marxists", the Mexicans blamed "Zapotecs" and it won't be long before the Dominicans assign a face for it's "drug problems".

I can imagine the strategists conversation right now:

"Hey, we've got a bunch of Haitians that nobody likes very much. Let's use them"

Thanks

also what are they going to do with them?

Leonel is going to send them top army guys out there to destroy the crops that feed their own kids?

HIghly unlikely that this will do anything except a small amount relative to what is grown in the uninhabited mountain areas will show up as proof as they did something.

I know for sure that Leonel is not going to go with them (the army personnel he would sent out there) and so they are not going to do anti drug ops like the U.S does in central America blowing up the coke labs and burning the coke fields, and killing whoever does not give up and tries to shoot.

More than likely this is part of something to appease the U.S. in its fight against the drug inflow here.

ALthough most of the drugs coming here come by boat or small plane from central America, or by truck or by donkey or foot through mexico, there must be a part of the trade or traffic coming from the DR and the other islands.

There is too much money in it for it not to be. And apparently this country has an evergrowing demand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by wland View Post
    Apparently this type of aircraft is useless for this sort of low altitude work. Perhaps our resident aviation expert will elaborate? The other problem is that many of the biggest drug smugglers are in the military as Leonel has just admitted publicly. Perhaps it should read "to help in drug smuggling" instead.

Thanks

as of yet there is no exit fee

Quote Originally Posted by wmarks345 View Post
    Is it $15.00 in addition to the $10.00 tourist card? A total of $25.00? And if I pay this new tax upon entering the country, I will be charged an additional $15.00 as I leave?

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

They added into your ticket price.The taxesare now over $10 more than they were last year.I went down in Feb and March and I was expecting to pay more.When I purchased my ticket in march I noticed the increase in the taxes I made 8 trips last year and I know what the taxes were my last one in 08 was in Dec.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information