Thread: To Novia or Not to Novia??

Thanks

To Novia or Not to Novia??

Hi Guys,

Ok, as you all probably realize, I am a newbie to this site and to the DR. I have read about few members referring to their Novias and I am wondering if I can get some clarification on this.........

Is this in fact......

Their Girlfriend full time

OR

Their Girlfriend while in the DR

What is the story with these Novias....? Why have a Novia when there seems to be a buffet of options there? Do these Novias just offer someone to "go home to" after a night of fun or what?

Sorry for sounding so ignorant but I figured if I dont ask, I will never know.

I kind of like the idea of having a warm bed to go to at night but I do not know if I am ready to be monogomous at this point...after just getting divorced......Are these girls "cool" with that?

Anyway, I would appreciate your thoughts.....

Cheers,
    Islandman

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,407 Times in 78,294 Posts

Re: To Novia or Not to Novia??

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Hi Guys,

Ok, as you all probably realize, I am a newbie to this site and to the DR. I have read about few members referring to their Novias and I am wondering if I can get some clarification on this.........

Is this in fact......

OR

What is the story with these Novias....? Why have a Novia when there seems to be a buffet of options there? Do these Novias just offer someone to "go home to" after a night of fun or what?

I kind of like the idea of having a warm bed to go to at night but I do not know if I am ready to be monogomous at this point...after just getting divorced......Are these girls "cool" with that?

Cheers,
    Islandman

Everyone has a different meaning for this.

Read here as well

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...d.php?t=156315

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Sometimes you find something you believe is worth keeping. The best way to do this with a dominicana is to create a financial tie. In the lesser sense a novia is someone you spend a good bit of time with while you're there and who you provide emergency bailout services for when you're not there. The extent of your involvement depends on your personality. Please note this can turn into a very expensive undertaking so you should not enter into the arrangement without a considerable amount of thought. Also it is recommended that your novia, if this is what you decide to do, not be a working girl or have friends who are working girls. Ideally she should not live in the city/town, unless it's Santo Domingo, where you center your activities.

Yes, when you're in pussy heaven there's no need to tie yourself down, however, the reality is that some guys are romantics at heart and would prefer to have a steady as opposed to playing the field. My take is to each his own.

5. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Sage View Post
    Sometimes you find something you believe is worth keeping. The best way to do this with a dominicana is to create a financial tie. In the lesser sense a novia is someone you spend a good bit of time with while you're there and who you provide emergency bailout services for when you're not there. The extent of your involvement depends on your personality. Please note this can turn into a very expensive undertaking so you should not enter into the arrangement without a considerable amount of thought. Also it is recommended that your novia, if this is what you decide to do, not be a working girl or have friends who are working girls. Ideally she should not live in the city/town, unless it's Santo Domingo, where you center your activities.

Sometimes you give them one rule and they can't even follow that.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Everyone has a different meaning for this.
    Your not kidding there....the question alone could start a firestorm.

Nothing wrong with having a "novia" full time when your in the DR. But most that do that treat it as a "when in the DR only" thing.

I prefer to have "favoritas". This would be a chica who I hook up with for a couple days on every trip. I don't refer to them as "novias" to their face either. And she understands that I have multiple "amigas". When they start that "otra chica" crap, I say Si, I have many amigas. So what.
    For me it works fine.

Then I have other favoritas that if I run into them, we hook up for a nite.

Everybody wins, I know what I'm getting and don't have to worry about getting stabbed, robbed, and the chica is comfortable cause she knows she'll be paid fair, not beat up, etc. win/win

But I'm always holding interviews, cause rotation is a constant factor...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Only time will tell if your method works. Some guys never return, they fall in love and get their hearts ripped out. Almost 8 years later, The Sage, myself and many other are still doing our thing while a handful are home someplace crying their eyes out.

Thanks
    Thanked 27,482 Times in 5,636 Posts

Islandman,

Some good explanations for the meaning of "novia" are provided above. Based upon your opening paragraphs, it sounds like your are not ready for a "novia"...a few favoritas perhaps...but no novias.
    Blue Devil

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BlueDevil For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Wifeing Up is another widely used term. You can Wife Up for a couple days or for your whole vacation. But as BD says, you would want to do this only once you had some history with a chica. And you were both comfortable with it.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,063 Times in 1,733 Posts

I am pretty strict in my definition of novia. To me a novia is a chica that I will be with exclusively in a long term relationship. Having said that I have had a total of 5 novias in 46 years. One doesn't count as I was 17, 2 I married and 2 I lived with.

I am coming up on 2 years of being single. I have a few amigas and of course many would like to be novias but none are the type I can see a LTR with, well one has potential and we are sort of working towards that.

I don't humor them and tell them I am their Novio, I don't call them baby or "mi amor", I try to make it pretty clear.

I kind of like the term favorita as that seems to apply to many here. Some have a regular girl that they see on each trip but nothing beyond when they are here etc. Others consider any girl they have hung out with on multiple trips "novias", even if they are paying them.

It is all a fantasy so nobody's definition is the rule, but it makes it hard sometimes when we all have different ideas of what the word means.

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Hi Guys,

Is this in fact......

OR

Cheers,
    Islandman

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to prtyr2 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information