Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Platinum's Gym

Thanks

Platinum's Gym

I just got back from a trip to Sosua and used a really nice gym for my workouts. It is called Platinums Gym and is located in the same building as the After One disco. It is on the 3rd floor of that building. All the equipment was brand new and the view of Sosua Bay while you are working out is incredible. I like to use Spin Bikes for my Cardio workout and they even had those. The equipment assortment was just as good as my gym back in the U.S. The facilities were available to me as part of the vacation package I had but I asked the owner and he said membership was available to everyone. He quoted me a price of 500 pesos for a week. If you are looking for a real nice facility to workout while you vacation in Sosua I highly recommend this place. According to the owner he has only been open for about 6 months.

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to okie For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Re: Platinum's Gym

Sounds like they are getting a nice selections of gyms in Sosua, the old Golds, the other one on Pedro Clisante past El Toro's and now this one.

I myself belong to the Gimnasio Nueva Creacion in the Colonial Zone, in Santo Domingo which is about 600 rd per month. They have everything I need and it is pretty new also. That 500 rd per week sounds a little high to me.

As an aside if you are coming down to do sport fucking getting in shape is not the worse thing you can do. Don't want to over exert yourself and have a heart attack on top of some chica. Of course if you have to go what a way to go. I myself have been living down here about 16 months now, when I first got down here I weighed about 275 lbs. I now weigh about 195 lbs. I go to the gym 5 days a week, I jog 3 days a week and I feel great. I attribute most of that to the new life style, no more fast food, a totally different diet, exercise, much less stress and of course sport fucking (the best exercise). I started just by walking around Sosua, I was retired what else was I going to do? Got to see places in that town that nobody else probably even knows exist. Walked the beach everyday, swam almost everyday (either beach or pool). I slowly started to get in better shape. When I first got here I was on some pretty powerful blood pressure medication, don't take any now.

I figured if I was going to have sex with females from 19- 25 years old on a daily basis I owed it to myself to get in better shape, so I could live longer and enjoy it as long as possible.

5. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,303 Posts

Good info.... I drop 70 myself from 265 to 195 I'll definitely check it out!!!!
    Chicas....."Don't walk around like yo shit don't stink cause I'm DEPUTY DAWG I'll put yo booty in the KLINK!!!!!!"

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

I go to the Nueva Creation when I am in Santo Domingo and I agree it is a great place!
    Last edited by Drjetman; 02-22-2009 at 06:23 PM.
    SouthCoast

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

Thanks for the intel.

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

I think the one down hear El Toro just past Passions but on the left side charges 300 per week. But, for another 200 and the view of the beach then a cool off swim at the beach ,may be a better deal.
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,369 Times in 2,486 Posts

Good gym. I will usually stop in there once or twice and get a quick workout in. It raises your natural test levels. so I use it for a boost mid trip.

Cute girl at the juice bar too!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sporthobbyist For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

This must be the best kept secret in Sosua, cause I asked 3 people from town where there is a GYM and noone knew shit... dammmn. could have sworn I did a thorough search too. ok, now I know
    thanks Sport !!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts

Do they have the right equipment like a power rack and olympic bars and weights... how many plates do they have there?

I'd like to do some lifting while there

Thanks

How much is a day pass?

Thanks

Platinum is all nice and clean, very corporate, very sanitized. Perfect for anybody who is afraid of sweat (their own and that of other persons) and does not make any noises when lifting weights.

Personally, D'Lois on the other end of PC suits me much better. It's a sweat shop: dirty, run down, nothing fancy about it but all that is needed to have great work-out. A 30-day pass (gym only, no cardio) cost me about RDP 600.

Quote Originally Posted by continentalmike View Post
    Do they have the right equipment like a power rack and olympic bars and weights... how many plates do they have there?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pi3141516 View Post
    Platinum is all nice and clean, very corporate, very sanitized. Perfect for anybody who is afraid of sweat (their own and that of other persons) and does not make any noises when lifting weights.

Personally, D'Lois on the other end of PC suits me much better. It's a sweat shop: dirty, run down, nothing fancy about it but all that is needed to have great work-out. A 30-day pass (gym only, no cardio) cost me about RDP 600.
    Thanks that rules out Platinum, it D'Lois then for me... that the one on the 'back-end' of PC just before the turn off towards the old carwash?

Thanks

That's the one.
    Hours (from the top of my head) are as follows: M-F, 7 am - 9 pm; Sat. 8 am -7 pm; Sun. closed.

Lots of locals working out there also.

Thanks that rules out Platinum, it D'Lois then for me... that the one on the 'back-end' of PC just before the turn off towards the old carwash?

Thanks

OLYMPIC 45# bench bars
    many 45# plates(but are coated so no banging plates)

nice equipment. and I am not sure what the other guy was saying, but you can groan, grunt, or yell if you want. music is loud so it will drown out your plate session. Floor is padded and so are plates so no dropping weights and hearing the boom. No power rack. But are you really looking to do squats till you puke when you are on vacation? I need my legs fresh for the chicas!!!

My perk me up session is basically(just 1-2 sets or low weight):
    flat bench
    concentration DB curls
    DB shoulder presses
    Dips
    tri push downs

I get plenty of legs work from fucking and walking everywhere

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sporthobbyist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sporthobbyist View Post
    OLYMPIC 45# bench bars
    many 45# plates(but are coated so no banging plates)

nice equipment. and I am not sure what the other guy was saying, but you can groan, grunt, or yell if you want. music is loud so it will drown out your plate session. Floor is padded and so are plates so no dropping weights and hearing the boom. No power rack. But are you really looking to do squats till you puke when you are on vacation? I need my legs fresh for the chicas!!!

My perk me up session is basically(just 1-2 sets or low weight):
    flat bench - chest/triceps
    concentration DB curls - biceps/brachioralis
    DB shoulder presses - shoulder front some side but no back
    Dips - triceps
    tri push downs - triceps

I get plenty of legs work from fucking and walking everywhere

Thanks for the info. The equipment sounds nice, to bad about the powerrack because yes I do include squatting ATG till puking or dizziness nowadays.. I'm on 5x5 at the moment

Looks like you're an arms/chest/shoulders man.. might want to throw in some powercleans or BOR for those upper back/lats to keep some balance... maybe a few DL for general balance

Thanks

Thanks for the info. The equipment sounds nice, to bad about the powerrack because yes I do include squatting ATG till puking or dizziness nowadays.. I'm on 5x5 at the moment

Looks like you're an arms/chest/shoulders man.. might want to throw in some powercleans or BOR for those upper back/lats to keep some balance... maybe a few DL for general balance

No, definitely not a Green hornet(big top, toothpick legs)

Those guys crack me up. I do not train on the regular anymore. Been out of the gym for a long time now. I just hit the gym in Sousa because after 4-5 days of blowing multiple load, I am drained and the workout gives me a little kicker. I am thinking of going back, but not lifting heavy this time. Getting too old and my joints are feeling it.

When I did train, I alway did legs on Monday. and I used to punish them. My gym was on the second floor and leaving after Monday workouts was brutal. Those steps was my test that I had a good leg workout. and the pain for the next 2 days after.

You gotta build your wheels if you want the rest to grow!
    Go try out Platinum, you will like it.
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sporthobbyist For This Useful Post:

Thanks

also, when I do dips, I kick my legs way back, so it really pounds my chest as well as the tris.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to sporthobbyist For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

is this the spot ???
    Oh , I am so there....they got dumbbell sets too..thats all i need.. and those benches, & incline for situps. im good to go.
    Mucho thanks...

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

You don't even need to train your biceps cuz they will grow simply from all the work they do as a secondary muscle in all your other exercises. The same can even be said for your triceps. All these guys spending an hour in the gym working their biceps and another hour their triceps are just crazy. You wanna toss in 3 sets of dips for your tris, that's fine i guess, but all this "skull crusher" nonsense is just that, nonsense. If you're doing 3 chest exercises (middle, lower, upper chest), 4-5 shoulder/traps exercises (presses, upright rows, bent-over-laterals, shrugs) and another 3-4 back exercises (seated pulls, t-bar, pull-ups), you do NOT need to spend time specifically on your biceps and triceps. They WILL grow anyway. Save that wasted time for your legs and for cardio.

(that is unless you enjoy spending a ridiculous amount of time in the gym, which some guys do. While some are there to get their work in and keep it moving, i see guys who practically LIVE in that fuckin' place. To each his own).
    Bitch you wasn't with me shootin' in the gym ...

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JuanElGriego For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks for the pic. It looks nice... did you see a powerrack in there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information