• Only New Garden like it better than Sea Breeze

7 4.70%
  • I stay at both, they are equally cool

5 3.36%
  • I split my trips at both

1 0.67%
  • When both are full I stay at Hotel Casa Cayena

0 0%
  • 1st choice is NG but also like Seabreeze, backup Casa Cayena (KoKi9290)

12 8.05%
  • Have never stayed at either (yayow)

38 25.50%
  • Neither. NG fucked me, and I have not been back!! (jstarebel)

6 4.03%
  • I still like Europa (Revolutionrock77)

1 0.67%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 03/2009 - Sea Breeze vs New Garden............

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,406 Times in 78,293 Posts

03/2009 - Sea Breeze vs New Garden............

A brief comparison of the two. Last time I was in Sosua (July 2007) , there was no Sea Breeze and Hotel Casa Cayena was not guest friendly.

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...d.php?t=112465

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ad.php?t=70177

http://news.insearchofchicas.org/for...ad.php?t=60378

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Re: Sea Breeze vs New Garden............

I recently stayed at the Hotel Orchidee, and have to say, for the $$ it was very acceptable. Clean, and a good location.
    No one bothered you and they picked me up at the airport upon arrival.
    I would compare the room I had to a room in the old section of the New Garden.
    Just figured I would share as a possible alternative.

Off topic, just thought I would throw it in here! Somewhat related! A Good cost efficient alternative.
    Last edited by balcoach; 03-14-2009 at 07:10 PM.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,240 Times in 5,923 Posts

Cannot vote here...never been to DR as of yet!

But I am willing to hear what you guys have to say as a the VS of those two chica friendly hotels.

From EVERYTHING I have read here so far the main main main difference between those two is the pool full of putas in NG and the cheaper night($40) at Sea Breeze, am I right?

I don't mean to just throw the very important details of the hotels' amenities, but we all know(newbies that have been reading) that they are chica friendly, safe, refrigerator, security, cedullas, etc.

Like I said I was hesitating between See Breeze and NG. And my vote will be See Breeze bc of budget. I can just walk to NG's pool, introduce myself with presidentes to fellow ISOC members and...voila!!

Let me know guys I am willing to learn!!

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 931 Posts

My first choice was NG, but they were booked, so I tried Seabreeze, and I have to tell you Jihad went out of his way to make the guest happy. It's bear bones but I'm happy with it. I may try NG eventually, but if I'm happy with my choice I won't try to fix something that's working well for me.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to papirazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

Where is this place located and how much was it? U take any pics of the rooms?

The pickup from the airport is a good incentive alone.

Ps, i thought i booked u a room at Seabreeze? Or have u returned again since then
    Quote Originally Posted by balcoach View Post
    I recently stayed at the Hotel Orchidee, and have to say, for the $$ it was very acceptable. Clean, and a good location.
    No one bothered you and they picked me up at the airport upon arrival.
    I would compare the room I had to a room in the old section of the New Garden.
    Just figured I would share as a possible alternative.

Off topic, just thought I would throw it in here! Somewhat related! A Good cost efficient alternative.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cainer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cainer View Post
    Where is this place located and how much was it? U take any pics of the rooms?

The pickup from the airport is a good incentive alone.

Ps, i thought i booked u a room at Seabreeze? Or have u again again since then

As you walk from rocly's towards the New garden there is a parking lot, it is in there kind of buried in the back. The restaurant is up on the top floor.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kevy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,005 Times in 793 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kevy View Post
    As you walk from rocly's towards the New garden there is a parking lot, it is in there kind of buried in the back. The restaurant is up on the top floor.
    I am assuming its across the street?? NOt on the same side as NG? If so, i think i know the one your talking about and it didnt look that bad from the outside and defeintly in a good location. Does it have AC? Everyone knows i need AC

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

Same side as NG

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

Orchidee hotel is located 2 doors to the left of rockys.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,012 Times in 800 Posts

If you're working on a budget; and who isn't these days...

...then I would say SeaBreeze. The only knocks anyone could have against it: (1) keys: rooms at NG new wing lock from the inside and out,
    this allows you a little more control of the space; and rooms have electronic safes. If you lose your key for the SeaBreeze while drinking & dancing - you could be fucked ...the guard will be able to let you in your room with a master; but the safe...

(2) NG offers comp breakfast...but walk to the Britana on the strip, and for $5 - $6 you can get a very good breakfast. Also a pleasant parade of chicas going to work or opening up the nearby shops.

(3) Ceiling fans...as minor as it may sound...surprised SB doesn't have them. I like the AC on low with the fan going...I'm like the chicas in that sense - can't handle too much cold.

Next trip for me looking to really flip the script and stay in Cabarete; but if budget dictates otherwise - then it will be SB.

Quote Originally Posted by joeysterr View Post

But I am willing to hear what you guys have to say as a the VS of those two chica friendly hotels.

From EVERYTHING I have read here so far the main main main difference between those two is the pool full of putas in NG and the cheaper night($40) at Sea Breeze, am I right?

I don't mean to just throw the very important details of the hotels' amenities, but we all know(newbies that have been reading) that they are chica friendly, safe, refrigerator, security, cedullas, etc.

Like I said I was hesitating between See Breeze and NG. And my vote will be See Breeze bc of budget. I can just walk to NG's pool, introduce myself with presidentes to fellow ISOC members and...voila!!

Life is not about weathering the storm; but rather knowing how to dance in the rain.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to carolinajack For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,240 Times in 5,923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
    If you're working on a budget; and who isn't these days...

...then I would say SeaBreeze. The only knocks anyone could have against it: (1) keys: rooms at NG new wing lock from the inside and out,
    this allows you a little more control of the space; and rooms have electronic safes. If you lose your key for the SeaBreeze while drinking & dancing - you could be fucked ...the guard will be able to let you in your room with a master; but the safe...

(2) NG offers comp breakfast...but walk to the Britana on the strip, and for $5 - $6 you can get a very good breakfast. Also a pleasant parade of chicas going to work or opening up the nearby shops.

(3) Ceiling fans...as minor as it may sound...surprised SB doesn't have them. I like the AC on low with the fan going...I'm like the chicas in that sense - can't handle too much cold.

Next trip for me looking to really flip the script and stay in Cabarete; but if budget dictates otherwise - then it will be SB.
    (1)
    that is def scary!!

(2)
    chicas man!! that's what I like to hear! and that's an alternative right there

(3)
    I feel you on that one!

Next trip for me looking really to slap the hell of the Dominican chicas!! Dios mio!!(mi dios??..not sure! lol)

thanks carolinajack learning from the best......

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cainer View Post
    I am assuming its across the street?? NOt on the same side as NG? If so, i think i know the one your talking about and it didnt look that bad from the outside and defeintly in a good location. Does it have AC? Everyone knows i need AC
    To answer your questions...Same side as NG, just past Rocky's and the Mercado Carmen....behind the big Gate at night. I have some photo's, just need to get them from A to B.

AC is available at a fee/day, but this is a well shaded property, so it was not needed. I canceled my SB reservation and went with this place as a different alternative and was able to save a few peso's.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to balcoach For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,406 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeysterr View Post

Never been to DR, that hurts my ears to hear.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm actually in Sosua right now, staying at the New Garden for the first time. I like the rooms in the new wing way better than the room I had at Sea Breeze. However, what I don't really care for is the lack of privacy. What I mean by that is having to pass like 7 putas and a few mongers just to get my room. I don't really mind the fellow mongers, but the putas love to hiss to get my attention, and most of them are average at best looks wise imo. Anyway, with that said I'll probably continue to stay at New Garden as I prefer the electronic safes and the ceiling fans. However, if it's all booked up I won't hesitate to stay at Sea Breeze as I prefer the discreetness there.

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to mrhedgefund For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 520 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrhedgefund View Post
    I'm actually in Sosua right now, staying at the New Garden for the first time. I like the rooms in the new wing way better than the room I had at Sea Breeze. However, what I don't really care for is the lack of privacy. What I mean by that is having to pass like 7 putas and a few mongers just to get my room. I don't really mind the fellow mongers, but the putas love to hiss to get my attention, and most of them are average at best looks wise imo. Anyway, with that said I'll probably continue to stay at New Garden as I prefer the electronic safes and the ceiling fans. However, if it's all booked up I won't hesitate to stay at Sea Breeze as I prefer the discreetness there.
    Well said!! This is exactly how I feel about both places after having stayed at both of them myself now.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 3somefan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrhedgefund View Post
    HISSS,,,,,, Pisssss, r u serious!!
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Unless u r very insecure, what do u care about some puta chicas, no matter what they look like trying to get your attention? If they sense that it is bothering you, they will not stop! This is all part of the sosua experience as far as i am concerned. Just food for thought buddy!!

32. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The Sea Breeze is a cool place, but I've always loved the comraderie and staff at the New Garden.

Always easy to pick up a wingman if you're solo. I've just met some great people there.

34. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to jadedguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I second jadedguy's comments. I've meet a lot of good peeps and continue to keep in touch with them and plan upcoming trips. Although I can't comment on Sea Breeze, I've not heard anything negative about the place, my preference will is NG. I like the management and staff, they treat me well and the chicas are constant entertainment. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't get to see a daily dose of the Santiago sisters in action

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to drsami For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I have stopped by the SB to meet a cpl guys who were staing there because NG was full. Jhad seems like a good guy, and I did see the rooms, but otherwise the grounds are not the same as the NG, the pool area is dead, and no chicas hanging out. The bar area and food court at the NG is another thing that makes it a better environment for me.

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information