Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu

Thanks
    Thanked 12,498 Times in 5,141 Posts

Re: Swine Flu

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post

OH, and I almost forgot, If I am a Post Whore then at least I am DISEASE FREE, MUTHAFUCKAS!!

Only time will tell playboy
    Only time will tell for any of us.
    HAVE FUN AND ENJOY LIFE!!!
    HAPPINESS TAKES WORK!!!
    FIGHT FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Chewie, get us out of here!!

OH, and I almost forgot, If I am a Post Whore then at least I am DISEASE FREE, MUTHAFUCKAS!!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blacksultan View Post
    Only time will tell for any of us.
    exactly.....
    I forgot how emotional you are when your off your meds...chill out
    I've offended you.....goood

3. The Following User Says Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    exactly.....
    I forgot how emotional you are when your off your meds...chill out
    It seems like you are the one with the issue. I have none with you. I am fine. Do you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

First American swine flu death reported - a two year old from Texas

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    First American swine flu death reported - a two year old from Texas
    The most vunerable (the extremely old and the extremely young) are always the first to go, I fear there will be many more.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

Thanks
    Thanked 12,418 Times in 1,349 Posts

Well - its a world wide panic!
    It goes from the very top of the UK to the very bottom - Scotland to Torbay.
    Apparently we have enough flu vacine for 30,000,000 people and now we have just brought 20 million more! Lets hope the tablets work or what a waste that will be!

What happened to Bird Flu? It just kinda went away didnt it?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,772 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    The most vunerable (the extremely old and the extremely young) are always the first to go, I fear there will be many more.
    OH NO! Not Weyland!
    All things considered, I'd rather be fucking.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SJG For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Ok
    We found the little bastard who started this whole SWINE FLU PANDEMIC..

IF I ever get my hands on this little pervert......
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

11. The Following User Says Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Older and younger individuals have immune systems that may not be able to mount an effective response to an invading viral pathogen.

Thanks

So far it seems that all except 1 or 2 of the deaths have occured in Mexico. Scientists have not yet been able to determine why that is. I am wondering if it has something to do with the quality of the water, or something else in their diet that differs from the U.S, U.K., Canada, etc.

That being said, I am scheduled to land in POP on May 20th, and I am wondering if there is a higher than normal risk for this illness to get to DR in the next few weeks. While I have not heard anything in the media or read it online, the fact that DR is a poor country might increase the odds of it spreading where it to arrive there.

Any thoughts?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kris boog For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

If the flights go below 300, I am going again, who is in???
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kris boog View Post
    So far it seems that all except 1 or 2 of the deaths have occured in Mexico. Scientists have not yet been able to determine why that is. I am wondering if it has something to do with the quality of the water, or something else in their diet that differs from the U.S, U.K., Canada, etc.

That being said, I am scheduled to land in POP on May 20th, and I am wondering if there is a higher than normal risk for this illness to get to DR in the next few weeks. While I have not heard anything in the media or read it online, the fact that DR is a poor country might increase the odds of it spreading where it to arrive there.

Any thoughts?
    I don't think too many muthafuckas on this board want to wrap their minds around that highly plausible scenario.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,279 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo44 View Post
    If the flights go below 300, I am going again, who is in???
    I'm at the NG May 19-May 31 and June 26-July 6.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 734 Posts

I'm there July 31 to Aug 7, Sept 5 to Sept 12, oct 30 to Nov 7th and more.....

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 117,702 Times in 19,855 Posts

THIS IS BULL SHIT

We are watching the press create a hugely expensive and totally out of proportion general panic over this relatively harmless natural event.

36,000 Americans die from influenza or complications from the flu annually. Each and every year! This year we've got 1 and it's a kid who was already sick when he was brought to Texas from Mexico. 1! OMG!!! This is a "new" strain and we don't have immunity to it!! Well guess what?? The last time we had a swine flu scare they made immunization mandatory for the military under threat of an article 15. It was a brand new strain then too and I refused the vaccine, demanding a courts martial. As it turned out, more people died from the vaccine than the fucking flu that year (1976/77) and they dropped the shit. Yeah, I caught the shit. I got a little sick for a couple of days and got over it just like every other flu.

If they spent this much time and money trying to get heart disease, type II diabetes and the plethora of preventable ailments that kill us by the tens of thousands under control now that would be newsworthy. Personally I think the President and Vice President should be concerning themselves with getting my Got damn money back and leave this for HHS to deal with.

The real problem is that there are too many competing 24 hour news networks and they are trying to outscare one another with this bullshit. If hundreds of Mexicans die from the flu and thousands die from the unsanitary conditions that most of them live under...which one is news? Why is the White House over reacting to every over reaction that these stupid "news" channels kick out?

Dear Executive Branch:

Get me my money back, get my peeps out of the Middle East, find jobs for a couple of my buddies and stop fucking twittering. Your "Facebook" page is just plain silly.

Okay, I'm done now.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    - Benjamin Franklin

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greydread For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by greydread View Post
    THIS IS BULL SHIT

We are watching the press create a hugely expensive and totally out of proportion general panic over this relatively harmless natural event.

36,000 Americans die from influenza or complications from the flu annually. Each and every year! This year we've got 1 and it's a kid who was already sick when he was brought to Texas from Mexico. 1! OMG!!! This is a "new" strain and we don't have immunity to it!! Well guess what?? The last time we had a swine flu scare they made immunization mandatory for the military under threat of an article 15. It was a brand new strain then too and I refused the vaccine, demanding a courts martial. As it turned out, more people died from the vaccine than the fucking flu that year (1976/77) and they dropped the shit. Yeah, I caught the shit. I got a little sick for a couple of days and got over it just like every other flu.

If they spent this much time and money trying to get heart disease, type II diabetes and the plethora of preventable ailments that kill us by the tens of thousands under control now that would be newsworthy. Personally I think the President and Vice President should be concerning themselves with getting my Got damn money back and leave this for HHS to deal with.

The real problem is that there are too many competing 24 hour news networks and they are trying to outscare one another with this bullshit. If hundreds of Mexicans die from the flu and thousands die from the unsanitary conditions that most of them live under...which one is news? Why is the White House over reacting to every over reaction that these stupid "news" channels kick out?

Dear Executive Branch:

Get me my money back, get my peeps out of the Middle East, find jobs for a couple of my buddies and stop fucking twittering. Your "Facebook" page is just plain silly.

Okay, I'm done now.
    Couldn't agree more, reminds me of the overkill on SARS, only worse.

next they will be counting how many people coughed today

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 51,713 Times in 9,684 Posts

Grey,
    I could not agree with you more.
    All you need to know do figure out WHY is to look at who owns the Media. Corporations like GE who own NBC, and their bottom line is to MAKE A PROFIT and they do this with ENTERTAINMENT and RATINGS, has absol NOTHING to do with what is REAL or newsworthy. Did you know a Corporation like GE has only ONE responsibility, to make a profit for its stockholders, they have absol NO other obligations to give you the "news" . Ask any Corp Lawyer.
    So their media reports what they are TOLD to report to us, by the corporate powers that be, since only ratings which translate into DOLLARS of AD REVENUE matter to them, nothing else.
    They could give 2 shits about your kids. Its not their responsibility. In fact the stockholders could go after them if they chose to report NEWS which is not PROFITABLE.
    Everyone Ive ever explained it to has to literally digest it a couple days and then they realize how true it is.
    Its all entertainment, absol NO different whatsoever from a SCARY movie, an episode of CSI or The daily show with John Stewart.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to JD426 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Columbia - 1st reported case of Swine Flu, the news report didn't say what city yet

Thanks
    Thanked 50,505 Times in 13,124 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    Columbia - 1st reported case of Swine Flu, the news report didn't say what city yet

There were four in Bogota a while ago. They travelled to Mexico.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 25,607 Times in 5,261 Posts

Swine flu can cause a lot of damage…
    Imágenes adjuntas Imágenes adjuntas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information