Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning!!! Mountain road between STI-POP

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Warning!!! Mountain road between STI-POP

The Touristic Highway that connects Puerto Plata and Santiago was reopened, although authorities warn that landslides could still occur.

Might want to stick to the highway this holiday season.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 41,237 Times in 7,792 Posts

Re: Warning!!! Mountain road between STI-POP

Quote Originally Posted by Don Tomas
    The Touristic Highway that connects Puerto Plata and Santiago was reopened, although authorities warn that landslides could still occur.

Might want to stick to the highway this holiday season.
    Whats a Dominican Warning?

Thanks
    Is this the road, when leaving Sosua, you can take a left at a fork before you get to POP. This road takes you up thru the mountians then to STI. Alot of people says this way is quicker. It's seems about equal distance as taking the main road thru POP.

Thanks
    its about 7 km shorter, exept when you fall down a landslide :?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by domfan
    The point where you make a left (coming from Sosua) until you get to Santiago is 43km.

The LONG way around is 68km from the above mentioned left turn! It's 46 miles from the southwest side of Puerto Plata to Santiago alone!

Time wise has to many factors...

Long Way: Can you speed on the highway? Not get stuck behind slow trucks? What time of the day are you coming through PP, traffic can get bad during the day?

Short Way: You really can't speed through the mountains so it's pretty consistant. Of course sometimes you get stuck behind a slow car/truck, also watch out for the school kids, mules/horses, etc.

The mountain route is pretty consistant and you can make it in 45-60 minutes depending on time of day and such. But as a driver try not to sight see, keep your eyes on the road.

The highway route is crazy but I have never made it in less then 1:15 and even then I was SPEEDING, followed someone going 90MPH all the way from Santiago to Puerto Plata.

Thanks
    I did all three ways and always got stuck behind, cars, trucks and horses.

Thanks
    I have better times on the main road because I do be speeding.....but it's some good eye candy on the mountain roads. I was even thinking about going to a disco I saw on the side of the road in the mountains

Thanks
    as i had my cigar factory in tamboril, i drove that road twice per week. i liked it, since i am from an mountain country, great view too. but it got dangerous: potholes, slides.
    right where you cross the river, at YASSICA, there has been a joint, opened alwaus about at 5:00pm. i picked up twice a chica, i loved them clad in their tight jeans, the real dominican butts......

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTrick
    I have better times on the main road because I do be speeding.....but it's some good eye candy on the mountain roads. I was even thinking about going to a disco I saw on the side of the road in the mountains
    Thats only because you are The Big Trick (Only if you are 5 feet 2 inches tall )

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Daybreaker
    Thats only because you are The Big Trick (Only if you are 5 feet 2 inches tall )
    That means we the same hight....

Thanks
    The mountain route is a BEAUTIFUL drive!

Thanks

Mountain Route

I have some nice photos along the route from a few years back.

I also wondered about those places along the road. I remember seeing
    some eye candy along the way but was rushing back to Moca on that trip and couldn't stop.

JD

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

LMAO!
    Brooklyn Beas - Mi Tesoro Medellin Part 5 - Green Section with uncensored Videos and Pictures
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?429038-04-14-(4-18-5-5)-Mi-Tesoro-Beas-in-Meddy-Part5

Beas in Meddy, just a daily progress report
    http://news.insearchofchicas.org/forum/showthread.php?428980-04-2014-Beas-in-Meddy-just-a-daily-progress-report

Thanks
    That wasnt a disco... it was a truck with a system and people dancing around the truck...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts
    mountainroad has a better view, is more tranquil and has opp to pick up chica's.. what more do you want.. i like this road because of the views and it's quicker than the long road for me..

At night I would recommend the long way though ... jejejeje

Also you might want to try the Moca to Sabaneta mountainroad a few times.. that's really nice as well.. beautiful scenery

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBeas
    That wasnt a disco... it was a truck with a system and people dancing around the truck...
    ther IS a disco (una barra) at yassica, when you cross the river.

Thanks
    ther IS a disco (una barra) at yassica, when you cross the river.
    I drove the mountain road last trip at 2am, the above-mentioned disco was the only place open on the road. Nice part there was absolutely no traffic on the road either at that time.

Thanks
    That's basicly how it was when I went to the Monument in Santiago. I like parties like that...reminds me of the FreakNik days

Thanks
    That's basicly how it was when I went to the Monument in Santiago. I like parties like that...reminds me of the FreakNik days
    The Monument is like that every day at dusk!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by continentalmike
    mountainroad has a better view, is more tranquil and has opp to pick up chica's.. what more do you want.. i like this road because of the views and it's quicker than the long road for me..

At night I would recommend the long way though ... jejejeje

Also you might want to try the Moca to Sabaneta mountainroad a few times.. that's really nice as well.. beautiful scenery
    When you get close to Moca end of the road make sure you go slow there are a shitload of twists and turns!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information