Thread: NYC Safest City In US

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,348 Times in 3,096 Posts

NYC Safest City In US

The violent crime category is comprised of murder, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. Property crimes include burglary, larceny, and motor vehicle theft. Arson is a property crime, but its statistics are calculated separately.
    Among cities with a population exceeding 500,000 residents, New York City tops the list of safest cities in America. The Big Apple saw a decrease of 4% in violent crime from 2007, handily beating the national average. The overall drop consists of a 9% decrease in assaults (the largest sub category), but is marred by a 5.4% increase in murder, 1.7% increase in rape and a 1.8% increase in robbery. New York City's per-capita crime rate hovers at 4.2%.
    Mayor Michael Bloomberg touted the continuing downtrend in crime activity, declaring that New York City has had "43 fewer murders, 1,415 fewer robberies and 491 fewer cars stolen" in the first five months of 2009 compared to 2008. Bloomberg continued, "Using innovative policing strategies and a focus on keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, we are continuing to do more with less, in spite of the economic downturn."
    Tuscon, Arizona, however, does have a lower crime rate than New York City, at 2.9% per-capita, but a lack of property crime statistics prevents it from achieving the top spot.
    After New York, America's safest cities are: San Jose, Los Angeles, San Diego, El Paso, Honolulu, Denver, Boston, Las Vegas and Louisville.
    And the U.S.'s least safe city? That distinction goes to Memphis, Tennessee, with a crime rate of 18% per capita, followed by Atlanta (16%), San Antonio (15.2%), Detroit (13.7%) and Milwaukee (13.4%). These rates reflect the total crimes detailed in the FBI's report divided by the population of the city.

New York also tops the list of safest cities with more than a million residents, beating out Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego and San Jose. These cities all saw an impressive reduction in all three major categories of crime.
    Curiously, only the smallest category of cities - those with under ten thousand people - saw an increase in the number of murders, rapes and robberies.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Hoseman is offline 11/27/2011-R.I.P. Derrick "Hoseman" Smith. Engine Co. #5 AkA "Smitty"
    Thanks

Re: NYC Safest City In US

I gotta move to NYC where it is safe.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,406 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoseman View Post

No hookers here, it sucks.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

New policies as far as policing, and all the additional federal monies that came into the city to help fight terroism, inevitably if you stop terroism you also stop other crimes, because there are more eyes watching.

Also a lot of the money trickled down to the local agencies, and has been utilized in most cases quite wisely.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

8. The Following User Says Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Maybe rape is high they did not mention it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    New policies as far as policing, and all the additional federal monies that came into the city to help fight terroism, inevitably if you stop terroism you also stop other crimes, because there are more eyes watching.

Also a lot of the money trickled down to the local agencies, and has been utilized in most cases quite wisely.
    They did to get some of that money here in the D we were ranked the most dangerous among Major cities.What ever money we get the Politician's steal.They never hire the amount of Cops that they are Budgeted for.It's getting like the Wild West here.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoseman For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 1,585 Posts

NYC is the only place I have lived where I have NOT been the victim of some crime. Even though that asshole Guiliani and his successor's hype should not be believed (you know, there are "lies, damn lies, and statistics"), the city is, and has always been, safer than most non-New Yorkers imagine.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiousdude For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by curiousdude View Post
    NYC is the only place I have lived where I have NOT been the victim of some crime. Even though that asshole Guiliani and his successor's hype should not be believed (you know, there are "lies, damn lies, and statistics"), the city is, and has always been, safer than most non-New Yorkers imagine.
    I Guess since that is where all the Money is they have to keep it safe.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,752 Times in 931 Posts

Pictures Re: NYC Safest City In US

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    Yeah, there used to be a time when you couldn't walk down 42nd street without seeing at a minimum 10 hookers.....and Bklyn & Qns had there hot spots too! Way b4 the days of CL & the others...It was crazy! I kinda miss those days, LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 394 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by curiousdude View Post
    Since I was in early years, but most elders I talk to mention the high amount of robberies in the 80's !

And now I think it's more dangerous for woman with all the shit I've been reading..

Woman who went to the club and got murdered by the bouncer ! About a while ago, some women got raped inside a subway platform, and when she requested assistance from the token booth collector, he didn't do shit !

Thanks

From the things I have read they have tough laws there especially gun laws.I was Suprised at the time they were talking about giving P Diddy about that gun that time.Here someone like him would have been looking at probation.

Thanks
    Thanked 55,585 Times in 14,260 Posts

From the things I have read they have tough laws there especially gun laws.I was Suprised at the time they were talking about giving P Diddy about that gun that time.Here someone like him would have been looking at probation.

Just ask Plaxico!
    A while back I predicted that, as the noose tightens around TFG's neck, both he and the Maga Morons here would post ever more idiotic crap. Right again.

“It was a violent insurrection for the purpose of trying to prevent a peaceful transfer of power after a legitimately certified election from one administration to the next," McConnell told reporters. "That’s what it was."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PapiQueRico View Post
    Just ask Plaxico!
    That's what i am talking about.He would get a pass here.

Thread Information