Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sosua Trip Report - Other activies

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Re: Sosua Trip Report - Other activies

Quote Originally Posted by weyland View Post
    The authorities in Cabarete are much keener on "cleaning" up the town so putas are less free to wander the streets. Also a greater proportion of tourists are female than in Sosúa so male tourists are less interested (or maybe less free) to go with whores.

There was a cool and wild place call typical that was chock full of whores. I guess they shut that place down.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    There was a cool and wild place call typical that was chock full of whores. I guess they shut that place down.
    To the best of my knowledge no place in Cabarete has ever been shut down by the authorities. The owner of the tipico sold the land to condo developers. I heard for 1 million.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    To the best of my knowledge no place in Cabarete has ever been shut down by the authorities. The owner of the tipico sold the land to condo developers. I heard for 1 million.

He made a very good move.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 72,262 Times in 11,768 Posts

Scuba diving is Sosua Bay is pretty good. You can also do snorkeling, if you aren't ready for the deep stuff, or learn scuba-diving if that entices you.

I dove with Scuba Elite, www.scubaelitedr.com, on my October visit. A smaller shop, on Calle Duarte just a couple of doors down from the triangle (between Bailey's and the Happy Hour bar). The owner and divemaster is British; she is an excellent diver and fun to hang out with between and after dives.

Water conditions are not really clear - maybe 30 to 50 feet - but it is warm. The coral reefs have some problems, but they're still pretty healthy; I saw a few bleached spots and some of the soft-coral "bushes" were bare, however they're well in the minority. Not a lot in the way of big fauna, except for plenty of yellowtail, but we aren't coming here for the diving; if we were, we'd be going to Saba or Bonaire.

(Diving is a good 'nominal excuse' to tell anyone who might disapprove of your REAL reason for visiting Sosua.)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Westy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

this opened my eyes a bit on the happenings in Cabarete and some other areas mentioned in the thread

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,205 Times in 1,563 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shredder View Post
    One day I went to Playa Dorado to play golf. The course is more or less average in difficulty. It is well maintained. I enjoyed playing there. I used rental clubs, had a caddie (required) and a cart. It all came to about $70. It was fun but for half that I can play on better courses here at home so it's not something I'll do on my next trip. The Playa Dorada complex looks pretty impressive...condos, houses and an all-inclusive resort...is that correct?

Next time try Playa Grande....11to12 holes are along the coast...awesome veiw 50 ft cliffs...a good test of golf depending on your pick of tee boxes...just take the public taxi to get there... check out their website..
    Just another monger!!
    BBCode

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information