Thread: Drivers Licence

Thanks
    Thanked 4,131 Times in 1,649 Posts

Drivers Licence

For some reason the Peoples Republic of Massachussetts has determined that i am a menace to society and has relieved me of my privaledge to drive a vehicle legally in the commonwealth or any other state. My question is; is there any people foolish enough to rent me a vehicle for for a week and if so who are these fools. I am serious. The DR is fucked. 500 peso fine for not wearing a seatbelt but drunk driving is legal. Does anybody actually have a drivers licence in the DR and how do i buy one. Totally serious about this subject.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts

Re: Drivers Licence

Quote Originally Posted by guttaman
    For some reason the Peoples Republic of Massachussetts has determined that i am a menace to society and has relieved me of my privaledge to drive a vehicle legally in the commonwealth or any other state. My question is; is there any people foolish enough to rent me a vehicle for for a week and if so who are these fools. I am serious. The DR is fucked. 500 peso fine for not wearing a seatbelt but drunk driving is legal. Does anybody actually have a drivers licence in the DR and how do i buy one. Totally serious about this subject.
    You take a drivers test and they give you a licence.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

Thanks
    Thanked 19,385 Times in 4,164 Posts

Re: Drivers Licence

Well you have a couple options.

I know in Illinois if you had your license suspended you still had your actual license, you just don't want to have it ran through a computer if you were to be pulled over. Do you still have your actual license?

Go get a state ID if similar. I doubt they would understand *This is not a driver's license OR *For identification purposes only.

Pay more and rent from the shack places in Sosua, I know I did it twice where I rented a car for the day, they asked for my Passport, never asked to see a D/L.

Borrow a look-a-like friend's D/L.

Don't drive there, if you are going to Sosua why bother with a car.

Thanks
    DT, want to spend a few days in Santiago and go to hotel that JDR found outside Caberette. A friend will hook me up with a motorcycle but i drink too much and need steel around me. Do not want to rent from local that has extra keys and steals car while at Classicos and charges for car. I am sure there must be someone in Sosua stupid enough to rent me a car. I still have a copy of my licenxce so a place with no USA computer link would not know the difference.

Thanks
    Guttaman is from MA and so is Passasabe. There used to be a place on Tremont St. (near Mass Ave.) in the South End of Boston that would make you any kind of id that you would like. I got my fake there when I was in college. They had from most states and green cards. 2 for $30. If I'm not mistaken I believe the place was actually run by Dominicans. I highly doubt that its still open but you never know and they would never know in the DR.

Thanks
    I work PT at Dominics on Tremont. I have many ids but need a good one to matck passport.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,405 Times in 78,293 Posts
    I work PT at Dominics on Tremont. I have many ids but need a good one to matck passport.
    Don't you have an expired licence? They take those on rentals.

Thanks
    JDR, i got many. But i want to be legal./

Thanks
    JDR, i got many. But i want to be legal./
    Why? Get a fake out of state DL...it's next to impossible to verify these! Unless you're using Hertz or Avis internationally, you can use whatever you want!

Get one of those "international" driver's licenses in conjuction with your fake DL...(it gives it more of a realistic touch).

Thanks
    didnt you make a copy of your license? DR transit cops will be satisfied when a gringo shows a copy. to the car rentals just tell them you left the original at home for safety reasons....
    if you want a license here in DR, you have to be a resident. costs about 6.000 to buy it, if you want to avoid the hassle of inscription, paperwork aso.

Thread Information