Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12hrs in SANTIAGO intel!!... Experts chime-in

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 45,239 Times in 5,923 Posts

12hrs in SANTIAGO intel!!... Experts chime-in

It is the city where a big part of the Sosua hotness comes from.

I understand that Santiago has good ratings as a city to live in for expats or just to monger if you're seasoned. I have trust in me, not to toot my own horn, but my Spanish can get me by.

I am planning my trip, NYC -> POP, but might have to fly back STI -> NYC. Returns in early September are a bitch!!!! The flight with Spirit is at 3:20am.

Instead of taking a local cab to go directly from Sosua to STI airport late at night, I was thinking of leaving Sosua with metro bus(http://metroserviciosturisticos.com/) and getting there early in the morning, check-in in a cabana, spend entire morning, afternoon and evening there and then on my way to the airport later the night...anyway that's where the idea comes from.

Spending the day there maybe sightseeing, just on places nearby, etc. of course hook up with a chica or two, Passiones(no not LP) or anything cool really.

The problem is that the Santiago section here is a little outdated and reading the threads I know that DCIronman and Don Tomas are two of maybe many experts here on isoc on that city.

The difference in cost between the POP and STI flights with the activities I wanna do might become equal at the end but I thought about it and I would better like spending the money doing this. I have read so much interesting stories about it that I want to give it a try...you know give myself a chance to do it.

My question is how and what can you do in 12hrs in Santiago?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,029 Times in 652 Posts

Re: 12hrs in SANTIAGO intel!!... Experts chime-in

You know, I am tempted to include a day or two in Santiago on my next trip...I was in Santiago a year ago for a short trip. I liked it except I was totally dependent on taxis for everything. I'm sure there are centrally located hotels but I didn't plan that one out very well.

Sosua is so convenient for the traveler.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

With only 12 hours to spend I would just get a hotel close to the airport and hit the strip club for a chica for the night. Not enough time to do much more. Or if you hook up with something decent in Sosua and the chica lives in Santiago maybe head down there a day early with her and let her show you around. This way you get to see the town from a local point of view and you have a chica to bang for the night. In the morning you can bail out and she can visit her family after you hit the airport.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

Yes my brother get the intel for us all!
    I'm back... Heading Back To Green #TurnUpTime

8. The Following User Says Thank You to givengo440 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beads View Post
    With only 12 hours to spend I would just get a hotel close to the airport and hit the strip club for a chica for the night. Not enough time to do much more. Or if you hook up with something decent in Sosua and the chica lives in Santiago maybe head down there a day early with her and let her show you around. This way you get to see the town from a local point of view and you have a chica to bang for the night. In the morning you can bail out and she can visit her family after you hit the airport.
    Best advice right here.

But you have to make Santiago a stop on a future trip you need AT LEAST 2 days there.
    I've offended you.....goood

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,498 Times in 5,141 Posts

Hit up ROVER or David Smash on PM. They know alot about Santiago.
    HAVE FUN AND ENJOY LIFE!!!
    HAPPINESS TAKES WORK!!!
    FIGHT FOR IT!!!!!!!!

Chewie, get us out of here!!

OH, and I almost forgot, If I am a Post Whore then at least I am DISEASE FREE, MUTHAFUCKAS!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blacksultan For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I've been there twice. Stayed at Aloha Sol, which was around 75 US a night I believe. The best thing to do in 12 hours is Hit Passiones or Illusions (lil cheaper) and salida one of them for a TLN. Illusions was cheaper than Passiones, but it's all in your negotiating with the chicas. There's also Gomez Car wash but I never took any chicas from there.

The thing with Santiago is that you need to know Spanish, and from what I've seen or not seen.. (lol) there aren't too many strips for Chicas. No Duartes like Boca Chica or Pedro Clisantes like Sosua. The women in this town seem to have more money and more selective as to who they'll fuck with.

But in the discos you wont even get to put your drink down before a chica rushes you looking for that TLN. Be selective as the first one isn't always the best one.. LOL.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Black Soprano For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeysterr View Post
    It is the city where a big part of the Sosua hotness comes from.

I understand that Santiago has good ratings as a city to live in for expats or just to monger if you're seasoned. I have trust in me, not to toot my own horn, but my Spanish can get me by.

I am planning my trip, NYC -> POP, but might have to fly back STI -> NYC. Returns in early September are a bitch!!!! The flight with Spirit is at 3:20am.

Instead of taking a local cab to go directly from Sosua to STI airport late at night, I was thinking of leaving Sosua with metro bus(http://metroserviciosturisticos.com/) and getting there early in the morning, check-in in a cabana, spend entire morning, afternoon and evening there and then on my way to the airport later the night...anyway that's where the idea comes from.

Spending the day there maybe sightseeing, just on places nearby, etc. of course hook up with a chica or two, Passiones(no not LP) or anything cool really.

The problem is that the Santiago section here is a little outdated and reading the threads I know that DCIronman and Don Tomas are two of maybe many experts here on isoc on that city.

The difference in cost between the POP and STI flights with the activities I wanna do might become equal at the end but I thought about it and I would better like spending the money doing this. I have read so much interesting stories about it that I want to give it a try...you know give myself a chance to do it.

My question is how and what can you do in 12hrs in Santiago?
    You will need more time, language and experience for it to be cost effective in 12 hours! And a car doesn't hurt either.

As i see it, if you're going just to sight see and don't mind the "hit or miss" on the chica, then go for it! Because unless you go to the high priced Passions/Illusions, that's what it will be. Imagine how pissed you'll be after spending 4000 on a "pretty bitch/dud in the bed". Or worse yet, not finding anything at all! I'm in Santiago 6 times a year but i have a personal phone book.

My suggestion would be to eat the cab fare (negociate the best fare possible) and stay in Sosua as long as you can. Either way, you were gonna spend the money. Get a cheap room at Calypso and arrange for cab pick up at 11pm.

Do Santiago another time when you're better prepared, ie. car, chica, time, etc..........

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,379 Times in 7,663 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    Imagine how pissed you'll be after spending 4000 on a "pretty bitch/dud in the bed". Or worse yet, not finding anything at all!
    This has been my experience when going to STI without the benefit of a local contact. To say the least outside of the eye candy it has been a waste of time an money.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Sage For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Like I was saying, I was looking for another way to spend the extra money rather than on the flight from POP. I might end up spending more by going to STI like that. I still don't doubt you need days better than hours for it and asked isoc for some advices, got them, it's all I needed to know, thanks for coming through.

ps: And I believe the info coming-in can only be helpful. At least I gave it a little more attention but....we need more more more more more...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Santiago is a great town, just can't expect it to be like Sosua.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    Santiago is a great town, just can't expect it to be like Sosua.
    Who did so EC?? Have you read my intro post. Never mind.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 728 Posts

Like I was saying, I was looking for another way to spend the extra money rather than on the flight from POP. I might end up spending more by going to STI like that. I still don't doubt you need days better than hours for it and asked isoc for some advices, got them, it's all I needed to know, thanks for coming through.

ps: And I believe the info coming-in can only be helpful. At least I gave it a little more attention but....we need more more more more more...
    did u book this yet? if not try starting in sti this way you can maybe get something set up for the trip back. oh and a car wouldn't hurt.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Who did so EC?? Have you read my intro post. Never mind.
    Sllllllloooow down cowboy. Just making a point.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sicpup71 View Post
    did u book this yet? if not try starting in sti this way you can maybe get something set up for the trip back. oh and a car wouldn't hurt.
    Lol I thought about it too!! but I already booked my flight going to POP for real cheap Jetblue POP about two weeks ago. I heard I can change for fee, wouldn't mind that but I will still definitely need more time to visit and to do it do it

And I am seriously thinking about renting a car this time!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lol I thought about it too!! but I already booked my flight going to POP for real cheap Jetblue POP about two weeks ago. I heard I can change for fee, wouldn't mind that but I will still definitely need more time to visit and to do it do it

http://www.mel-tour.com/english/tour..._jarabacoa.php

Has anybody use their services? They have good ratings on trip advisor.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    Sllllllloooow down cowboy. Just making a point.
    Cowboy o.k.

...know what it's diffused, never existed...cyber communications misunderstanding at it again.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to joeysterr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,943 Times in 728 Posts

it's one of the best things u can do u get to see so much more.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to sicpup71 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Santiago and that region (Cibao) have the best looking women in DR.

Have not visited P4P places yet but I hear great things about all of them.

We need to have more info on this thread. Let's all make an effort mongers.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brugal For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 47,842 Times in 8,288 Posts

Santiago is the city where a big part of the Sosua hotness comes from.
    Sure, a lot of whores come from Santiago because it has a large population. But also in my experience a lot who say they come from Santiago don't.
    1) Some say Santiago because they think a gringo will not have heard of their own small town or village and Santiago is the nearest big place.
    2) Some say Santiago because a lot of gringos think (rightly or wrongly) that is where the best chicas come from so it boosts their image.
    3) Some say Santiago because they could be easily traced in their own small village or town and don't want their family and friends to know they are hooking.

I wouldn't believe a puta as to which is her home town any more than about her age, how many children she has, whether she is married, has a novio, or all the other stuff they lie about.

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to weyland For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information