Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rookie trying to get his act together before his trip

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Re: rookie trying to get his act together before his trip

Quote Originally Posted by rushdog34 View Post
    because of that i actually had a few warm sodas because i didnt want to risk the ice

Don't worry about the ice. Ice plants are anal about the quality of ice they produce, and everybody uses factory produced ice in their drinks.[/quote]
    Funny Dog, picture the frozen Margaritas made without ice it's an ugly thought.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Hey, the majority of Dominicans get sick off of bad water too, believe me. Melt your ice down sometime, and taste the water. Not that great, because most of the minerals have been taken out.

Why? Because it goes through hugh Carbon activated charcoal and sand filters first, then get hit with Ultraviolet light, at least once, but I've seen some with as many as 3 or 4 times, then treated with sodium, and last but not least, reverse osmosis.

Ice plants that aren't up to specs get shut down. The big ice producers that make that kind of investment are not going to get shut down because of a broken UV light, believe me. Some places change their R/O membranes every SHIFT!

Watch the bartenders when they make a drink. You see a bartender picking up ice with their bare hands, that's the point where you should have perhaps a tad of concern, but I just tell them to use the scoop. I don't have to do that very often either.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    Hey, the majority of Dominicans get sick off of bad water too, believe me. Melt your ice down sometime, and taste the water. Not that great, because most of the minerals have been taken out.

Why? Because it goes through hugh Carbon activated charcoal and sand filters first, then get hit with Ultraviolet light, at least once, but I've seen some with as many as 3 or 4 times, then treated with sodium, and last but not least, reverse osmosis.

Ice plants that aren't up to specs get shut down. The big ice producers that make that kind of investment are not going to get shut down because of a broken UV light, believe me. Some places change their R/O membranes every SHIFT!

Watch the bartenders when they make a drink. You see a bartender picking up ice with their bare hands, that's the point where you should have perhaps a tad of concern, but I just tell them to use the scoop. I don't have to do that very often either.
    Gee thanks for the reassurance of what sounds like Nuclear Ice. Damn just when I relaxed about the ice.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,772 Times in 686 Posts

Re: Rookie trying to get his act together before his trip

since jimmy opened the thread back up i figured it made since to update a couple things that ive found since planning my first one

Wilfred airport pick up 20 dollars
    taxi-20-25 dollars

Massages

M&m massage 600pesos(next to banco pop)(luz maria)….
    salon belkis(corner of dr rosen&av martinez) 500-600pesos(last report I read he paid 700??,
    d’liz (and across the street from belkis)

kika massage- used to work at m&m.. great massage normally 100-200 peso cheaper than m&m. turn left on dr rosen if coming from ng.. on the same side as shark bar but about a block down upstairs.. follow the signs

La passions(from chicken stand, east and across street)
    Pamela, sara, berenice, eli, Carmen, rosy, estefani, madelin. mary,…..some of the girls I came across in the threads that a narrowed it down to.. lol but obviously I know that may all get thrown out the window… I know I may visit if not everyday then every other day… at first I was against paying the late night salida but after reading a trip report im leaning towards it.. any info on who speaks good english

Beach…

Entrance to beach is south by laroca restaurant

stall 67… my second fav spot on the beach

. Hermans siempre sol #145- I stopped in my first trip but didn’t eatand haven’t went back since

Big D- not sure of stall number but pretty much in the middle.. fav spot pm the beach, he makes bbq

food

Rockys(dr rosen),,, ribs are good, they say the pizza is too, and the club sandwhich with fries is good
    chicken stand by passions… go to the one in the middle
    ricky’s- left on pc if coming from ng… couple blocks down before hair salon, good chicken pretty cheap
    pedro mcmurphy (fish and chips)?? Heard it closed
    Bailys for dinner(left at corner of dr rosen & martinez on the right), not the cheapest place but the meals are very good
    shark bar(left at corner of dr rosen and pedro..archs), never ate there but now I know to try his sausage and pep hero
    laa roca(near small super market)… never ate here either I heard it was on a decline
    café cubano(good sandwhiches/)(across from classicos) my fav lil spot to eat at

hotel
    New garden(dr rosen)… can I drink the water from new garden or bottled water at all times no matter where I am?? Ng has been my home on every trip so far.. good place and atmosphere. Has wi fi

Terra Linda???
    El rancho???
    Sea breeze??

Money

Money change?? cambio just past el flow…

Atm- at banco pop… if your card does not work when you press checking use savings and it will come out of ur checking..
    . Banks(banco pop just past baileys)…
    western union- on highway turn right from dr rosen block past the next light

Pay after the deed… but what about massage places do they require you to pay first or no??? massage places I still paid after

nightlife

Classicos.. life bar ect all about same area..(right on pedro from dr rosen) from phtos how is there an upstairs??sosua life bar- I looked.. there is an upstairs lol..
    el flow- never drank there but always girls outside and pickd up a few on my trips, found it to be a good place to chill out front
    Snacks-
    Small supermarket just past classicos.. bigger market one block south)- mini mart is right across from pj’s

fun
    500 pesos- head
    1000-1500 pesos- st
    1500-2500 pesos- tln
    ??????- happy hour- ranged from 2000-4000 but most would settle for 2500-3000
    Happy hour I gather is a 3some but how much should be dished out total?

how safe is a moto? I used it once and prob wont again.. its close just walk
    Happy hour I gather is a 3some but how much should be dished out total?

Bring extra mouth wash and tooth brushes for females to use… don’t leave anything out ever not even your hair brush…

welcome to the fraternity, *morgan freeman voice*

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rushdog34 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Rookie trying to get his act together before his trip

Do any of the massage places give happy endings or more?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information