Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veterans PLEASE help with a "rookie" with Trip Planning

Thanks
    Thanked 7,115 Times in 1,244 Posts

Veterans PLEASE help with a "rookie" with Trip Planning

First of all, what a great site. I have just newly joined and have already spent about 20 hours trying to read as much as I possibly can. My learning curve is steep and I already have gained alot of information but sadly, this has even caused me to be even more excited.

Veterans, here is the situation: 2 middle-aged, athletic, high school coaches are going to POP for 5 nights, Saturday, July 3 until Thursday, July 8. We will have just finished our school year, seasons, and 5 weeks of camp with 500 kids ALL DAY LONG!! We always need a nice break after that and this year, hopefully, will be the BEST EVER!!I am struggling with the Best situation as far as how to "ideally" spend these days and nights. We are not rookie mongerers but rookies in the DR! We will enjoy kicking back drinking beer, laying by the pool, enjoying the chicas, drinking more beer, the beach, more chicas, more beer, etc. You get the picture, I;m sure. We don't want to wife-up but sample the whole store!! We don't want to work too hard for it but don't want to miss the variety of the special ones with the whole scene.

We could:
    1. spend the entire 5 nights at BB and enjoy the laid-back, removed atomsphere for rookies and sample ALL the talent.
    2. spend the entire 5 nights in Sousa (I guess) at NB, Sea Breeze or ??? (help me) and scour the host hotel plus the bigger area.
    3. spend a combination of a 2/3 nights at BB and 2/3 nights at another location. If this is the case, which combination would work the best??

I am really looking forward and value your responses. I'm sure this is going to be the best 5 days of my Life. Thanks in advance Guys

2. The Following User Says Thank You to runmemphis For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Re: Veterans PLEASE help with a "rookie" with Trip Planning

Never been to BB's, BUT I have stayed at a Holiday Inn...

In my opinion, if you spend 5 days in Sosua, you won't want to go to BB's. Sosua has more chica variety, beach during the day, walk to resturants & bars, just more things to do. I couldn't stick myself in the middle of nowhere with a handful of chicas with nothing to do.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,640 Times in 598 Posts

You probably won't see sights like this at BB. Picture taken in front of El Flow. The whole area is one big party late at night.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to daddyooo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,353 Times in 887 Posts

If possible, try to split the trip between BB's and Sosua(more days here) because of you do Sosua, you will not want to do BB's. As mentioned before, there is lots of variety in Sosua. BB's is basically point and click, which can be nice if you don't feel like negotiating except for LP's. LP's prices are set and well worth it! Though, I am new to this, I think an evening at BB's would be good to do just to get the experience of the differences between Sosua and BB's.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daddy999 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 29,716 Times in 4,467 Posts

Click this bar to view the full image.

I don't know any of the girls in this photo and I want to kuck all of them. The one in the yellow is not showing her face. She would be on my list if I saw her face.

Sosua is very fulfilling. I have a curiosity about the other areas though.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SrSuerte For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

First of all I am assuming that the dates indicated in your post are wrong, because July has already passed.

For the first time in D.R., I agree with the other poster who said a day at BB's isn't a bad way to go to get you relaxed and on the ground. For five nights I would say the first night at BB's and then the rest in Sosua, this way you get a chance to experience different things and ways of mongering. Since you have read the board you know what you will find in both places, by the way not that it matters (because you really don't need it in either place) but how is your Spanish? A little goes a long way and a lot is extremely helpful and could only lead to an even more successful trip.

No matter how you decide to proceed, I am sure you will find what you are looking for.

Enjoy!!!
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by runmem[his View Post
    First of all, what a great site. I have just newly joined and have already spent about 20 hours trying to read as much as I possibly can. My learning curve is steep and I already have gained alot of information but sadly, this has even caused me to be even more excited.

Veterans, here is the situation: 2 middle-aged, athletic, high school coaches are going to POP for 5 nights, Saturday, July 3 until Thursday, July 8. We will have just finished our school year, seasons, and 5 weeks of camp with 500 kids ALL DAY LONG!! We always need a nice break after that and this year, hopefully, will be the BEST EVER!!I am struggling with the Best situation as far as how to "ideally" spend these days and nights. We are not rookie mongerers but rookies in the DR! We will enjoy kicking back drinking beer, laying by the pool, enjoying the chicas, drinking more beer, the beach, more chicas, more beer, etc. You get the picture, I;m sure. We don't want to wife-up but sample the whole store!! We don't want to work too hard for it but don't want to miss the variety of the special ones with the whole scene.

We could:
    1. spend the entire 5 nights at BB and enjoy the laid-back, removed atomsphere for rookies and sample ALL the talent.
    2. spend the entire 5 nights in Sousa (I guess) at NB, Sea Breeze or ??? (help me) and scour the host hotel plus the bigger area.

3. spend a combination of a 2/3 nights at BB and 2/3 nights at another location. If this is the case, which combination would work the best??

I am really looking forward and value your responses. I'm sure this is going to be the best 5 days of my Life. Thanks in advance Guys
    This is your best bet.

Spend your first 2 nights at BB's and then hit Sosua.
    I've offended you.....goood

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey don't mean to thread jack and I know this isn't the appropriate place, but I just noticed that I made Headquarters, thanks to JimmyDR and the other powers that make those decisions. Don't know what it means or encompasses, but it is greatly appreciated.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Definitely a lot more options available at a cheaper cost staying in Sosua. Cheaper access to public transportation to get around if you choose to leave town and a much larger pool of chicas available in Sosua also.
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Beads For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks guys, thats the kind of help I was looking for. I figured BB might be a nice introduction to DR chica-scene, get my feet under me and my head - both of them- cleared and then head to Sousa for the massive variety and everything else that entails. My Spanish is limited, I've had 8 visits to Mexico, but think I can get a little something going...PLUS, I promise I will work on it between now and then.

BTW, those dates are correct...it will be July 2010. School has started and I will not have a break until then. I will be ready and INFORMED by then.

THANKS Again

21. The Following User Says Thank You to runmemphis For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,501 Times in 8,028 Posts

Thanks guys, thats the kind of help I was looking for. I figured BB might be a nice introduction to DR chica-scene, get my feet under me and my head - both of them- cleared and then head to Sousa for the massive variety and everything else that entails. My Spanish is limited, I've had 8 visits to Mexico, but think I can get a little something going...PLUS, I promise I will work on it between now and then.

BTW, those dates are correct...it will be July 2010. School has started and I will not have a break until then. I will be ready and INFORMED by then.

THANKS Again
    When you get to BB's go to the Bartender Monica and tell her this. "Yo soy un amigo de El Bori de Nueva York" and be prepared for all types of Love to be thrown at you.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to eastcoastallstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks

BTW, those dates are correct...it will be July 2010. School has started and I will not have a break until then. I will be ready and INFORMED by then......

Man you plan far in advance, Half the time I don't know what I am going to do tommorrow. All I can say since you are planning so far in advance is to continue to read the boards, because as been said many times before stuff can change quickly in the D.R., and what's hot today may not be hot in July 2010, so stay abrest of all the new things happening.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yea, it really is WAY far in advance. I need something to look forward too... I will continue to read up and see what changes take place. When it finally gets here, I will be more than ready and more than prepared!! I would liked to visit DR before but the sell at the homefront would have been tougher with little ones and the flights are still at $700. Damn, thats the worst part of it!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to runmemphis For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 470 Posts

I started planning my 1st trip for July 2009 in March after I joined the site and it seemed like I had the longest trip countdown in history. Time went by fast though until the last few weeks. Then, it slowed back down to a crawl. I haven't been to BB's but I was in Sosua and plan to go back at that time next year. I was thinking about taking a taxi up to BB for a day but never made it...I didn't even make it to La Passions but it was still the best time I've ever had. I can't wait to do it again!
    I'm out for dead Presidentes to represent me...

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chicmatic For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daddyooo View Post
    . Picture taken in front of El Flow.
    Click to see pic

Click to see pic
    It's all Fun & Games till somebody loses an eye....

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,992 Times in 1,322 Posts

FYI, you can send a PM to JimmyDR if you need help fixing your handle.
    We surveyed 100 chicas and the top 69 answers are on the board. Here's the question...

I.S.O.B.B.C.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Dick Dawson For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoastallstar View Post
    This is your best bet.

Spend your first 2 nights at BB's and then hit Sosua.
    Listen to the man, he knows of what he speaks......
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

35. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,012 Times in 800 Posts

Okay since you have a year – you have plenty of time to plan this trip and lay down a solid cover story:

Since you say you and your buddy coach:

Tell your wife (wives) you’re attending some type of educational workshop/conference in the DR. “Steroids in Youth Athletics Prevention” – with the number of MLB players from the DR being spotlighted lately it’s not a reach. Tell her it’s sponsored by your district or conference or Nike for that matter – something believable but she can’t readily check.

During the course of the school year scrounge up as much basic school supplies as you can. I’m talking basics: paper (writing and copy) pencils, pens, crayons, chalk, glue, rulers etc. There are quite a few DR educational charities you can drop the stuff off at.

Tell the wife as part of the conference the organizers are asking all the American coaches to bring school supplies to the DR.

www.dominicandreamproject.org is one of the most reputable and they’ll even pick up the donation, though you should take the time to drop it off and fill out their thank you form so they can send a letter to your home.

This past trip I took down two suitcases of supplies (my attitude this trip was fuck the panties and perfume for the chicas – they’re already getting paid).

Since JetBlue allows for one free bag I maxed out the weight on that one at 50.8 pounds. The second I had to pay $30 for. In all I took down about $400 of “donated” supplies (14,000 RD) in one shot. Crayons and pencils I bought from Staples because they were having a .25 cent sale just before I left. Total outlay with baggage cost about $65 dollars but with that letter I’ll be able to write off $400 dollars in taxes.

* I checked shipping costs for two boxes weighing a total of 85 lbs. via UPS = $500.00!

All my personal stuff I got into a carryon and backpack as usual.

EXTRA BONUS: What wife is going to think her husband is partying at a place like Classicos when you leave with two suitcases filled with school supplies for the children in the DR…and on a serious tip they need it here. High school grad rate is less than 10% nationwide.

If you stay in Sosua – which I recommend for a first trip – right near the New Garden and Sea Breeze is a baseball field used by a nearby school. Go over and take pictures of the kids playing – chat up the coaches if your Spanish is decent – another photo op. Try to bring some stuff for the kids there too. Packs of baseball cards – new baseballs – wristbands – whatever you can get for little or nothing – remember it helps sell your story.

Take lots of pics of guys hanging at Lou’s Shark Bar, or the Cubra Libre singing karoke, or chicken and ribs at Big D’s on the beach. Anything that looks like a bunch of American coaches at a conference during their down time…I would not recommend pics of Passions for this; but by all means go during your free time from the conference.

Another note: If you drop off at the DDP offices take the day to hangout at the beaches on Cabarete. Take lots of pictures of the para-surfers especially the guys getting lessons. Say something like, “Yeah they gave us a voucher for a free hour lesson since we were there for the conference but I passed cause the wind was bananas that day!”

Cabarete actually hosts world championships for parasurfing.

If you need any other info on this sell – or other places to take pics that look conference like – (1) keep reading the board (2) hit me on the PM.

The beauty of this cover you can stretch it out to follow-up workshops as needed.
    Last edited by carolinajack; 08-17-2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Info update

Life is not about weathering the storm; but rather knowing how to dance in the rain.

37. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to carolinajack For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Wow. CJ that is one elaborate cover story. I thought I had good excuses, but the detail in which this iprepared is truly impressive. Especially the thank you card the wife will see once it arrives.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dr McGlovin For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You are a master C.J., the force is strong within you.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information