Thread: Chica killed in Cabarete police station - update

Thanks
    Thanked 29,784 Times in 2,952 Posts

Chica killed in Cabarete police station - update

Some of you may remember this thread from earlier this year.

This past weekend I was told the following by people very close to the killer and her family.

Whilst, unlike every Dominican I spoke with, I do not necessarily believe everything that was relayed to me, it is fascinating nonetheless, as a small insight into the belief systems of Dominicans.

Towards the end of last week the killer, a young girl in her early 20's, died in prison from seemingly natural causes and the body was sent back to the family casa here in Cabarete.

Apparently there are no obvious causes of death and there was no autopsy carried out.

The killers’ family have been told that the victims' family had employed bruja's (witches) to cast spells to cause her death.

The killers’ family believe that the killer is not really dead but only in a comatose/zombie state, because apparently the body, on a table in the front room, is still warm (not a surprise as it’s hot here), no rigor mortis, is sweating profusely (can’t explain that one!!), has cried tears of BLOOD when spoken to and has managed to eat a few habichuelas!!!

The killers family have got their own bruja’s in to try and reverse the spells and bring the girl back to life.

As of yesterday they are currently awaiting the arrival of the hechicero de pueblos primitivos (chief witch doctor) to provide that last miracle spell or actually confirm if she is dead.

So presuming that the hechicero doesn't work miracles that will be 2 girls dead over 100 pesos.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to WickedWillie For This Useful Post:

3. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,772 Times in 857 Posts

Re: Chica killed in Cabarete police station - update

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillie View Post
    Some of you may remember this thread from earlier this year.

This past weekend I was told the following by people very close to the killer and her family.

Whilst, unlike every Dominican I spoke with, I do not necessarily believe everything that was relayed to me, it is fascinating nonetheless, as a small insight into the belief systems of Dominicans.

Towards the end of last week the killer, a young girl in her early 20's, died in prison from seemingly natural causes and the body was sent back to the family casa here in Cabarete.

Apparently there are no obvious causes of death and there was no autopsy carried out.

The killers’ family have been told that the victims' family had employed bruja's (witches) to cast spells to cause her death.

The killers’ family believe that the killer is not really dead but only in a comatose/zombie state, because apparently the body, on a table in the front room, is still warm (not a surprise as it’s hot here), no rigor mortis, is sweating profusely (can’t explain that one!!), has cried tears of BLOOD when spoken to and has managed to eat a few habichuelas!!!

The killers family have got their own bruja’s in to try and reverse the spells and bring the girl back to life.

As of yesterday they are currently awaiting the arrival of the hechicero de pueblos primitivos (chief witch doctor) to provide that last miracle spell or actually confirm if she is dead.

So presuming that the hechicero doesn't work miracles that will be 2 girls dead over 100 pesos.
    You have lost all integrity as a news reporter, as far as I am concerned, after this post!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cuba Libre For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,975 Times in 607 Posts

...The killers’ family have been told that the victims' family had employed bruja's (witches) to cast spells to cause her death...
    If you really believe in that shit, it can happen (your subconscious mind will make it happens). I personally witnessed a guy getting sick because of something like that and he didn't get well until he went back to his wife. It was all in his mind.

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Wheres CSI: New York, Miami, Vegas etc. when you need them??

Thanks
    Thanked 3,768 Times in 930 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cuba Libre View Post
    You have lost all integrity as a news reporter, as far as I am concerned, after this post!
    Following most of his post i was wondering if there was any there to start with
    traveling the world in search of chicas, good friends and liveing life as if every day were my last

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bentwire For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,446 Times in 4,196 Posts

Good lord. No comment on that 100 peso feud.

On another note anyone hear about the shooting at El Flow yesterday?
    Jimmy owes me a dollar!

Thanks
    Thanked 31,542 Times in 5,678 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maretti View Post
    If you really believe in that shit, it can happen (your subconscious mind will make it happens). I personally witnessed a guy getting sick because of something like that and he didn't get well until he went back to his wife. It was all in his mind.
    All cultures have this.

In Greece, they call it "giving you the eye" or evil eye. People try to ward it off by wearing lil' pendants with an eye on them. With few exceptions, it's the less educated people from the rural areas who actually believe in this.

I remember an old episode of the show 20/20 where uber-skeptic John Stossel went to Africa and laughed in the faces of all the "witches" and dared a half dozen of them to put their worst hex on him. They all did their voodoo crap and told him he wouldn't be around for long.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

I can believe this nonsense, believe it or not. I guess you have to live here for an extended period of time before the reality of this stuff sinks in.

I've seen more things happen here that can only be attributed to blind faith in voodoo than anything else.

All you have to do is look at how many "Botanicas" there are here to start to grasp how prevalent the "brujeria" can be.

I've been taken to visit witches on a couple of occasions, and it's creepy what they can do, and how they operate.

What DOESN'T ring true is the "died in prison and sent home without an autopsy" line. Somebody "dies" mysteriously in a jail, they get an autopsy. Period.

And if the girl is really dead, she wouldn't be laying on a table in the front room more than a day or two.
    If you think it's love try not paying in the morning..

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many."

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,345 Times in 893 Posts

1. Apparently there are no obvious causes of death and there was no autopsy carried out.

2. The killers’ family have been told that the victims' family had employed bruja's (witches) to cast spells to cause her death.

3. The killers’ family believe that the killer is not really dead but only in a comatose/zombie state,

4. apparently the body, on a table in the front room, is still warm (not a surprise as it’s hot here),

5. no rigor mortis,

6. is sweating profusely (can’t explain that one!!),

7. has cried tears of BLOOD when spoken to

8. and has managed to eat a few habichuelas!!!

1. happens all the time in natural deaths....no autopsy

2. WTF!

3. this can be induced with several psychotropics and anesthetics,

4. Hispanola is hot as hell .

5. rigor is temporary only lasting a few hours ....depending on conditions...including temp.

6. when you take them out of the freezer condensation happens. also the "perfume" used in autopsy to kill the smell can fall on the body and look like light sweat.

7. possible hemotoma.or other sub dural trauma that may have contributed to her death..she could have even burst a vessel in her brain from straining while taking a shit.

8. dead people do move...at times usually muscles contracting post mortem before relaxing again

the key thing in all these types of stories if there is some truth to the "evens" described.....they are not happening at the same time.......usually hours apart....in which case these are normal things
    Lecciones de la vida:

Si le das la mano te cojen el brazo entero
    Mas jala tiene un pelo de toto, que una junta de bueyes
    El día que la mierda tenga algún valor, los pobres nacerán sin culo
    Si la vida te da la espalda... Tócale el culo
    Amore de lejos, amor de pendejos

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corrado View Post
    1. happens all the time in natural deaths....no autopsy

2. WTF!

3. this can be induced with several psychotropics and anesthetics,

4. Hispanola is hot as hell .

5. rigor is temporary only lasting a few hours ....depending on conditions...including temp.

6. when you take them out of the freezer condensation happens. also the "perfume" used in autopsy to kill the smell can fall on the body and look like light sweat.

7. possible hemotoma.or other sub dural trauma that may have contributed to her death..she could have even burst a vessel in her brain from straining while taking a shit.

8. dead people do move...at times usually muscles contracting post mortem before relaxing again

the key thing in all these types of stories if there is some truth to the "evens" described.....they are not happening at the same time.......usually hours apart....in which case these are normal things

I've been around plenty of dead bodies and haven't seen most of these events that you say are normal happen, but then again the dead bodies I've been around happened to be in the United States and not the D.R.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    I've been around plenty of dead bodies and haven't seen most of these events that you say are normal happen, but then again the dead bodies I've been around happened to be in the United States and not the D.R.

I have been around 1 or 2 dead ones and 1 or 2 under the influence of psychotropics, so this is nothing out of the ordinary. I cannot imagine that a person with your vast experience has never seen an injury to the head that causes bleeding from the eyes, ears, nose or mouth. I could not also believe you have never seen a vessel in the brain burst from taking a shit, over 1,000 people each year die on the toilet like this (in the U.S.). What line of work leads you to be around dead bodies? Please enlighten me on how autopsies are conducted where you are from in the U.S. I'm always a student of others experience. I have been around the dead on several continents and all behave the same under the same set of circumstances, in the US, China, Brazil or the DR.

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

That's the whole point, as far as I could tell maybe I need to re read it later but from my understanding there was no autopsy.

And I have seen bleeding from different orifices, I have also seem different stages of rigor mortis, and maybe I didn't stay with the dead bodies as long as you did to do your research but I don't recall seeing rigor mortis being temporary or fleeting.

I also don't believe in any of the psycho babble of vodoo, or witchcraft.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 84,377 Times in 13,906 Posts

I said it before, and I'll say it again for those of you that missed it the first time...

Somebody "dies" mysteriously in a jail, they get an autopsy. Period.

It's the law, dimwits...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MrHappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    That's the whole point, as far as I could tell maybe I need to re read it later but from my understanding there was no autopsy.

And I have seen bleeding from different orifices, I have also seem different stages of rigor mortis, and maybe I didn't stay with the dead bodies as long as you did to do your research but I don't recall seeing rigor mortis being temporary or fleeting.

I also don't believe in any of the psycho babble of vodoo, or witchcraft.
    That was so funny, I almost spit my tasters choice out

I was just joking with the tone of the email playa...I dont' want I-net beef....

yes rigor is temporary.. but it is also just one indicator as you also have to take into consideration, algor mortis, livor mortis, and pallor mortis......because paralysis, depressed resperation and pulse or non responsiveness can be caused by other factors.

not psycho babble.....psychotropic.....a classification of drug.....can induce paralysis, hallucinations (audible and visual), memory loss from an hour to a day, death like trance states with depressed pulse and heart rates....examples include PCP, LSD, all of the date rape drugs.
    Last edited by Corrado; 08-20-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    I said it before, and I'll say it again for those of you that missed it the first time...

Somebody "dies" mysteriously in a jail, they get an autopsy. Period.

It's the law, dimwits...

And we know how the law is strictly applied in the DR.

Thread Information