Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 08/2009 - Big D'S on the Beach

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Re: Big D's BBQ - Sosua Beach stall # 109B

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer View Post
    [/yellow]

Too late, you have done your part to spread the gossip..... mission accomplished. Happy to see you have moved on from your 2 year long bashing of Sea Breeze.
    Haven't even thought of them this year or much last year actually perhaps for 5 or 6 minutes. Much of what is on this site is gossip some based on facts some not. I have never reported a case of alleged theft but when it comes up many many many people comment on it for weeks same as someone owing someone something like the Blackarcher massage voucher that had its own thread that people not even involved analyzed to death so if a guy allegedly owes another guy money that has been posted for years to about people getting taken but I am talking in general and not about D that subject if off my plate if you want more details go ask Chris or Passions about why he is not there.
    Just Doing It

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,553 Times in 1,620 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Haven't even thought of them this year or much last year actually perhaps for 5 or 6 minutes. Much of what is on this site is gossip some based on facts some not. I have never reported a case of alleged theft but when it comes up many many many people comment on it for weeks same as someone owing someone something like the Blackarcher massage voucher that had its own thread that people not even involved analyzed to death so if a guy allegedly owes another guy money that has been posted for years to about people getting taken but I am talking in general and not about D that subject if off my plate if you want more details go ask Chris or Passions about why he is not there.
    Take a breath Mikey.....has to be one of the longest sentences ever.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to snoozer For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer View Post
    Take a breath Mikey.....has to be one of the longest sentences ever.

You got me there this damn small notebook I borrow from my friend Shitkicker. I should get him to join you would really get a good laugh.
    He would probaby start talking about BBQing a Ra**** or tell dirty animal jokes. Really hilarious I wrote the word for the animal they make caps out of like Daniel Boone wore and get in your garden and eat sweet corn and c00n or cuun turned into stars

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,920 Times in 2,853 Posts

Re: 08/2009 - Big D'S on the Beach

Sure, we analyze stuff ad nauseum, but that's a little different then throwing "facts" around because you heard something 2nd hand.

Tell me, do you really want to keep bad mouthing an ex-pat who's trying to earn a living in Sosua? And then stroll past his resturant?

I made a joke earlier about wanting to hear the resturante drama, but it was just a joke and now regret it. I really don't care who did what to whom in this business deal...because it doesn't involve me.

This is just a suggestion, but I don't think it would be a good idea to keep calling somebody a cheat. Especially when you're not directly involved and don't know the facts. But do what you want.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to eldorob For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eldorob View Post
    Sure, we analyze stuff ad nauseum, but that's a little different then throwing "facts" around because you heard something 2nd hand.

Tell me, do you really want to keep bad mouthing an ex-pat who's trying to earn a living in Sosua? And then stroll past his resturant?

I made a joke earlier about wanting to hear the resturante drama, but it was just a joke and now regret it. I really don't care who did what to whom in this business deal...because it doesn't involve me.

This is just a suggestion, but I don't think it would be a good idea to keep calling somebody a cheat. Especially when you're not directly involved and don't know the facts. But do what you want.

I never said he was a cheat that is different than being in debt and I like the guy. I was simply posting what I was told both first hand by 2 people and second hand by others. Enough said I agree with you and wish him nothing but the best and will continue to stop and say hello and have a beer with him.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 Times in 253 Posts

Big D's food is still ROCKIN' the Beach. Had lunch there yesterday. The recent rain made the beach almost empty of tourists but the girls were still on the 'prowl'. Going back to D's in a few minutes with LordG for some lunch. Anyone around is welcome to join us....after lunch we will be down at Black Box.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

On both of my trips I have ate at his spot A+ food, +A staff, and he has alot of useful info if you strike up a convo with him. Nice place to enjoy a afternoon sipping some Prezz and bird aka chica watch.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to helluvaxxx For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Ribs and Chicken, Chicken and Ribs.... MMM good.. I cannot wait.

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,942 Times in 383 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by husl2001 View Post
    First chica on the left used to work at the bar next to Passion. Very cool, but pretty young.

Third chica from the left is Sasha. That's a very bad pic of a very beautiful woman. She does promotions with D from time to time. Speaks English, very very cool people.
    Sahsa is in the United States now (New York) and she just had a baby a few months ago.. I have her Fb info if any one wants it

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dr World For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dr World View Post
    Sahsa is in the United States now (New York) and she just had a baby a few months ago.. I have her Fb info if any one wants it

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 46,708 Times in 7,069 Posts

Re: Big D'S on the Beach

Quote Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
    Another Travel Channel fan...lol! Try though we may can't live on pussy alone.

I hear ya on the NC BBQ - that vinegar base kills it....

KC and Memphis my favs...I hit this spot in Kansas City...off the chain food...ribs, fried chicken and catfish all excellent.

http://www.peachtreerestaurants.com/

Biggest disappointment in KC - Arthur Bryants...not worth the drive over.

Famous Dave's franchise in midwest - is great! They have a restaurant now here in NYC in Times Square - but somehow the food lacks something. Best in NYC: Dinosaur BBQ - uptown off 127th street near the Hudson.
    Best BBQ In NYC -rack and soul 258 west 109 street.... The food is amazing and great price for the big portions they give... I usually get pulled pork, baby back ribs combo with BBQ baked beans, and Mac n cheez, the combo is 20 bucks and way more then you can eat.. I take home at least half of my meal when I go there... They also make some amazing butter biscuits!

Can't wait to try Big D's in 12 days.. There are very few places I like to eat at in DR and usually lose weight between not eating much and alot of excersize (in the bedroom)...

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Rack n Soul could be a nice spot for a monger dinner get together in NYC in the near future,,, small place but we can make reservations to get nice dinner get together... Looking forward to Big D's... Don't care about the novela goin on if any, just wanna have good food and hang with the fellas

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Do we still get 20% off if we mention ISOC? Or any other deal?

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrooklynBeas For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: 08/2009 - Big D'S on the Beach

A buddy and I had Big D's on the beach a couple of times the last trip and it was even better than I'd remembered!

Derek is back and BBQin up a feast. We had both the chicken and the ribs and when we were done there was nothing but bones left! lol
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Apos For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 233 Posts

Thumbs Up Re: 08/2009 - Big D'S on the Beach

I have a couple of meals there on all my trips. The food is good, and its an excellent spot to chill, and take in the sights and sounds of the beach.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tonymd For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,616 Times in 1,767 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post
    A buddy and I had Big D's on the beach a couple of times the last trip and it was even better than I'd remembered!

Derek is back and BBQin up a feast. We had both the chicken and the ribs and when we were done there was nothing but bones left! lol
    You left out that one could walk by, order food and had it delivered at the place were one would drink, usually the place with the Canadian snow goose and her hairy father in charge

Food is good but it ain't cheap DR$ 900 for a full rack of ribs

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to continentalmike For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,563 Times in 2,554 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Siochana View Post

Glad to hear that. I stopped in during my last few trips but was told he was back in the states, and last trip he was in town but hadn't opened yet. Will be in PP in a couple of weeks and will stop in.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Rubicon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,816 Times in 253 Posts

Big D's mentioned to me he also has a place in Cabarete on the beach. I plan to check out BOTH places when I get there in a couple weeks. Sosua Beach and Cabarete

36. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Festy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 22,235 Times in 2,615 Posts

FYI for Big D's fans. He is going to be open on Friday nights (6pm to 10pm) at the Mid-Town restaurant and bar at the Don Antonio's hotel. The hotel is on Dr. Rosen street across from the Metro bus station. I think he will have his regular BBQ items and some smaller plates for 149 pesos.
    I do not care what you think. Pour me a coffee.

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to jose1234 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,746 Times in 290 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ohmmmm View Post
    FYI for Big D's fans. He is going to be open on Friday nights (6pm to 10pm) at the Mid-Town restaurant and bar at the Don Antonio's hotel. The hotel is on Dr. Rosen street across from the Metro bus station. I think he will have his regular BBQ items and some smaller plates for 149 pesos.
    That is good news since I'm currently in Sosua right now, definitely going to check it out. He has the best BBQ food in Sosua.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Al Nyc For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information