Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aparta Hotel Roma

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Re: Aparta Hotel Roma

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    Less than $20/day, where are you renting maybe you could share the info.
    Be happy to. Go to Avis and put in your dates at SDQ and use AWD #K444404 and see for yourself. I got 4 day rental (3 days 23 hours) for early March when I will be in the Capitol for $71 for compact car one size above Economy. That is less than $20 a day. It may require a over weekend rental to get the rate. I also have some similar codes for Alamo/National if you prefer to pick out your own car which they allow from a row of each class. Alamo use ID # 7014303 and if your rent for 4 days use $20 off coupon code AD5177JDJ

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Be happy to. Go to Avis and put in your dates at SDQ and use AWD #K444404 and see for yourself. I got 4 day rental (3 days 23 hours) for early March when I will be in the Capitol for $71 for compact car one size above Economy. That is less than $20 a day. It may require a over weekend rental to get the rate. I also have some similar codes for Alamo/National if you prefer to pick out your own car which they allow from a row of each class. Alamo use ID # 7014303 and if your rent for 4 days use $20 off coupon code AD5177JDJ
    I believe someone else responded to this question but since you seem to be the man with the experience using these codes, I understand that you book on line with the code and then have a contract but they never ask you when you pay for proof of belonging to the organization/club etc. ???
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    I believe someone else responded to this question but since you seem to be the man with the experience using these codes, I understand that you book on line with the code and then have a contract but they never ask you when you pay for proof of belonging to the organization/club etc. ???
    Rover to answer your question the Avis code was courtesy of my fellow Chicagoan Gmalet and yes I have experienced using it 6 times and have 6 print out confirmations. I know some of you will say what is to ensure that Avis or any Major Rental company will honor it in a foreign country? I think I can answer that as well. First many of them are privately owned (franchises) there and in many other places like Mex and all over Central Am. but they are bound by rules. Worst case senario I save the confirmation on my computer and bring a copy with me and if they object or fight it after I speak to a supervisor I politely say just a moment and pull out my Avis Wizard Card or National Emerald Club card or whichever one and say no problem I will call them and straighten this out. 90% of the time you are upgraded and out the door. One time in Mexico they tried to give me a VW bug with from the 70's with the roof cut off (no top) for the convertible I rented and told me all they had other than that was a jeep for 4 times the money. Hertz not only paid for the upgrade but comp'd the whole thing for my 2 hour ordeal when I got home and yes I had pictures they would not want anyone to see of the bug. I probably could have sold them to Avis for a fortune but I don't roll that way. I will be using the Avis deal in less than a week and will be happy to share the info with anyone that PM's me but I may not post much down there since I don't want to lose my new notebook. I seemed to digress as usual so let me finish answering your question by saying I have never had them ask for verification of a club or organization unless the offer specifically says to present upon renting for discount-- Example Entertainment Book Coupons for free upgrade or x amount off with coupon to be taken off at time of rental. That is a whole other course on coupons. Hope that helps.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

I used the Avis code last week in Santo Domingo and it worked fine!!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hola!
    The $ 30.00 airport pickup is news to me. I would rather give my hard earned dólares to a friendly hotel worker than the normal taxi ripoff driver. how is the best way to coordinate?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FnB For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jhufnagel View Post
    Hola!
    The $ 30.00 airport pickup is news to me. I would rather give my hard earned dólares to a friendly hotel worker than the normal taxi ripoff driver. how is the best way to coordinate?
    I arranged everything online with them. They asked if i needed a ride and i said yes. the confirmation email i got later on said that airport pickup was no problem and that it would be $30 US. Not wanting to drive while i'm on vacation,i welcomed the help.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RickRock For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

From what I understand a taxi is 30 to 40 $U.S. so IMHO they should do a little better than that for a guest.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    From what I understand a taxi is 30 to 40 $U.S. so IMHO they should do a little better than that for a guest.
    It's all relative to what you pay and where you stay just like some places that charge $10 for parking your car per day in Hawaii or less in SDQ. I would think that the Hilton or some of the name brand hotels would have a shuttle. With the bargains out there in SDQ like the Plaza Real Resort for $40 a night or Hotetur Dominican Bay $66 All INclusive for 2 people so with a well behaved friend what a bargain to eat, drink, sleep and play. Even the Renaissance, Melia and Embassey Suites by Hilton are all around 75-80 which I why I like to compare on Expedia. I don't know how the rooms at Aparta stack up to the first 2 here but perhaps someone can compare for those of us trying to pick our lodging.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

It's all relative to what you pay and where you stay just like some places that charge $10 for parking your car per day in Hawaii or less in SDQ. I would think that the Hilton or some of the name brand hotels would have a shuttle. With the bargains out there in SDQ like the Plaza Real Resort for $40 a night or Hotetur Dominican Bay $66 All INclusive for 2 people so with a well behaved friend what a bargain to eat, drink, sleep and play. Even the Renaissance, Melia and Embassey Suites by Hilton are all around 75-80 which I why I like to compare on Expedia. I don't know how the rooms at Aparta stack up to the first 2 here but perhaps someone can compare for those of us trying to pick our lodging.
    There really is no comparison, ML when comparing something like Renaissance Jargua or Melia etc. to the Roma, although actually the rooms in the Roma I think compare very favorably, but really it is the other ammenties on site that places the Renaissances, Melia, Hiltons of the worlds apart, also for our hobby, the big name hotels, aren't what we are looking for, because we aren't what they are looking for. When I was married and came to the island to visit and stayed in Santo Domingo I always stayed at the Renaissance Jargua, but for mongering I would take the Roma any day.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yayow View Post
    There really is no comparison, ML when comparing something like Renaissance Jargua or Melia etc. to the Roma, although actually the rooms in the Roma I think compare very favorably, but really it is the other ammenties on site that places the Renaissances, Melia, Hiltons of the worlds apart, also for our hobby, the big name hotels, aren't what we are looking for, because we aren't what they are looking for. When I was married and came to the island to visit and stayed in Santo Domingo I always stayed at the Renaissance Jargua, but for mongering I would take the Roma any day.
    That make total sense to me unless you were wifed up with one you had spent some time with before and trusted or were willing to take a chance on which would not be my virgin capitol visiting self. Shall we say then that perhaps comparing the highly regarded Aparta to say the also recommended Riazor would be a more interesting comparison? Say in proximity to bars to pick up chicas and cost ect.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That make total sense to me unless you were wifed up with one you had spent some time with before and trusted or were willing to take a chance on which would not be my virgin capitol visiting self. Shall we say then that perhaps comparing the highly regarded Aparta to say the also recommended Riazor would be a more interesting comparison? Say in proximity to bars to pick up chicas and cost ect.
    I'd love to know about this as well. Also would love some intel on the best casas near the roma

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RickRock For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by romello View Post
    I'd love to know about this as well. Also would love some intel on the best casas near the roma
    Babydolls is very close to Roma. I'd have tried it out myself, but I was in a taxi and drivers get a percentage if they take you to a casa.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Another good reference for food & other amenities is the mongering map detailed in another thread. It shows reative distances to baby Dolls as well as other places.
    http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0...mid=1246396605

26. The Following User Says Thank You to FnB For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DCIronman View Post
    Babydolls is very close to Roma. I'd have tried it out myself, but I was in a taxi and drivers get a percentage if they take you to a casa.
    DC would you prefer the Aparta or Riazor? What about the rest of you down in the capitol?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

DC would you prefer the Aparta or Riazor? What about the rest of you down in the capitol?
    Refer to Yayow's post (#29). He summed it up best. It's comparing apples and oranges. It all depends on your needs. I feel that Roma is the best overall value.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

I've never stayed in the Riazor. In fact, I've only stayed in two hotels in SD, Aparta Hotel Roma and the Mercure. Of the two, I thought that Roma was a much better deal.

You'd be better off listening to the others on this board who are more experienced in SD than I am. My primary experience is with Santiago and the North Coast, a fact that I'm trying to remedy.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

34. The Following User Says Thank You to RickRock For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,209 Times in 2,195 Posts

You can get the ride to the airport for 700 pesos ($20 US) I got it from Roma multiple times in the past and I even got it my last trip from the Metro to Los Americas. Anyone paying more then $25 is paying to much.
    I'm back... Heading Back To Green #TurnUpTime

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to givengo440 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hi there to all! I've never posted before, but since I'm making my first trip to the DR, i'm breaking the ice. Is anyone here gonna stay in the Roma this weekend? I'll be traveling alone and plan to have a great time.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to fastfood98 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thumbs Up Re: Aparta Hotel Roma

Quote Originally Posted by fastfood98 View Post
    Hi there to all! I've never posted before, but since I'm making my first trip to the DR, i'm breaking the ice. Is anyone here gonna stay in the Roma this weekend? I'll be traveling alone and plan to have a great time.
    I'll be there this week from Tuesday until Sunday.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to RickRock For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information