Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Immigration, residency, work permit

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 1,585 Posts

Re: Immigration, residency, work permit

Quote Originally Posted by prtyr2 View Post

Of course I am not sure how many people with zero contacts and zero spanish are trying to imigrate but there may be a market albeit small. . .. .
    Well, Mr. Noncaribbean Nonlawyer mentioned the 1.3 billion Chinese. Apparently they are moving in droves to the Dominican Republic. Apart from a few unfortunate folks, likely from Eastern Europe, I don't think these guys will find many suckers (oops, I mean customers) for their "services."

Thanks

Who said my country is amazing? I didn't. Are you trying to say you don't like it, or that I must be a jingoistic American? Why would you assume I have never been through any such process, to get residency, work permits, operate a business abroad, or deal with any immigration matters before? I have lived, studied, and worked abroad, both in Europe and Asia.
    It sounds like... Sorry, I do not beleive that.

You first said you and the other Czech guy have lived in the DR for a "couple of years" then later responded to my comment that you lived there only for two years that it was more like ten years. Well, which is it? Does "couple" mean "two to ten" in Czech?
    It is little bit out of context, but doesn't couple also mean few or several? Im long time out from school, so maybe it changed...

If you are an agency that picks people up at the airport, finds hotels for people, finds translators for people, and finds lawyers for people, you should make that clear. Your website, just like your inappropriate name on this site, is designed to mislead people into believing you have legal expertise. It is obvious you do not have any expertise at all. I do believe anyone of intelligence, whether arriving as a tourist looking for chicas or for a more serious purpose, will see that you are full of shit, and maybe I shouldn't be too concerned. But there are always suckers everywhere, and I am worried you will fool some of them.
    We are group of people which offer the service, whole service together with immigration which is done by our internal lawyers, beleive it or not. I told you this before, you just ignore that.

and there was never any indication that it mattered what country I am from
    Yes it was, you are here talking about scams in US, which make you upset... I guess almost everywhere you need good lawyer to get the immigration done right. So why you refer just to US?

You have no credibility at all, your website is bullshit, and what you are doing either is or should be illegal, in my opinion.
    What you think about me is your problem, this I don't care. The website have information, which are informing about us and services which we offer (so why bullshit?), btw. the form even don't ask for credit card, becase we inform people after the "order" by e-mail, which is nothing just collecting basic information.
    And what you see illegal on that? That some non-lawyer will get the client, explain him everything and let the lawyer do the process? Tell me which part is illegal there...

Thanks

Well, Mr. Yankees suck ass, thank you for all your comments and posts.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,190 Times in 1,585 Posts

I must say, that out of curiousity, and to be fair, I checked the "Caribbean Legal Services" site again, and true to his word, our OP has revised his website. Boy, that was fast! The tourist page now does indeed appear to have accurate information about tourist visas, and lists the countries from which guests will need visas to enter the Dominican Republic, and now makes it clear that visas are not required for tourists from most countries. That is all new, and to be commended. For all of this, I am deleting my last post (a graphic with a Bullshit button ).

Also, the OP has now added names, email addresses and even photos of himself, of a Dominican lawyer and a translator, to the website.

Although I am still uneasy with the idea of a nonlawyer selling legal services, there is MUCH more transparency on the site, and the OP has restored a great deal of credibility. Perhaps I jumped the gun a little bit and was a bit too harsh. It initially looked like a scam, pure and simple, but now I believe perhaps these guys are really trying to run a legitimate handholding operation, however awkward, wasteful, or useless that might seem to me.

It appears my harsh criticisms resulted in great improvements to the website, so perhaps I should truly be thanked!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to curiousdude For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information