Thread: Taxi from Santiago to Puerto Plata

Thanks

Taxi from Santiago to Puerto Plata

Does anyone know a taxi driver that quotes reasonable rates to go from Santiago to Puerto Plata?

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,575 Times in 1,140 Posts

Re: Taxi from Santiago to Puerto Plata

gonna be around $80 mas o menos

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

$75USD flat from STI to Sosua. The taxis at the airport have set rates. Did that trip last month. It stands to reason that it could be slightly cheaper to Puerto Plata.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lopkx View Post
    Does anyone know a taxi driver that quotes reasonable rates to go from Santiago to Puerto Plata?
    Take a taxi from the airport to either Metro or Caribe tours bus station. Then take the bus to Sosua. These are very nice air conditioned buses. I paid $15 from the airport and about $5 for the bus ticket. They run about every hour. You will save about 60 bucks !!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to woody514 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

How long is the bus ride? My concern is between waiting for the bus and riding the bus this could add another 2-3 hours to my trip.

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lopkx View Post
    How long is the bus ride? My concern is between waiting for the bus and riding the bus this could add another 2-3 hours to my trip.
    The bus ride is only 1 to 1.5 hours to Puerto Plata in good traffic, and about 1.5 to 2hrs to Sosua. Add in the taxi ride to the bus station, and waiting for the next bus, and it will add another 2 to three hours to your trip. And unless someone's picking you up, you'll need a taxi from the bus station.

I guess that it depends upon the time of your arrival. If you're catching an early flight in, that 2 to 3 hrs isn't so bad and may be worth it to save $60. Especially if you're travelling on a budget. But if your flight was delayed until the late afternoon (like mine was), it's worth $60 to shave off an hour in getting to your destination.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was thinking of going to Sosua for a day somewhere in btw my Oct 1-4 trip to Santiago (im hearing all i need is 2 nights max in Santiago). I guess I have an addiction for the POP/Sosua area. IDK... I'll see. I took Caribe tours once from Santiago (i flew in to Santiago but didnt experience the city, went straight to POP) and the previous posts are accurate..cold bus, 1.5 hr trip depending on traffic and usually crowded. Its usually a modern bus that you maybe accustomed to as well. Hope that helps!

Thread Information