Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Great discount code for Avis

Thanks
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 734 Posts

Thumbs Up Great discount code for Avis

Folks this is an awesome discount code for AVIS.

AWD# K444404

It is used by NetJets. I used it in POP reserved the car online and got 50% off on a rental.

Fricken spectacular.

Check for yourself on Avis website.

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Re: Great discount code for Avis

Were there any extra fees at Avis airport counter that were not mentioned on the website?

In other words, was the total price listed on the website the same as what you paid? Sometimes Budget and Avis add fees. Just curious.

Thanks for the info!!!!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gmalet View Post

AWD# K444404

It is used by NetJets. I used it in POP reserved the car online and got 50% off on a rental.

Fricken spectacular.

I have checked it very carefully and found it did lower the price off their regular rate. I normally use the Entertainment Club discount combined with one of their discount coupon codes and had 6 reservations in the DR reserved with another company at a pretty good rate and was able to save something Everytime with my fellow Midwesterners Valuable Tip. In my case flying into POP and out of STI I have to pay a drop charge which is $40 with Avis compared to $26 with other companies and they have a disclaimer that they are not adding for the tax on the $40 and some locations charge it which would probably be close to 20%. Even with these higher fees I was able to save at least $20 off each booking. The percentage is much lower for me with the drop charge but still 10% even then. I have one trip to the Capital SD without the drop charge and with it only being a 4 day rental I only saved $20 since Avis doesn't allow coupons there like National, Alamo ect. However on some of my reservations for a week or more I was able to save between $50-75 on each rental. I don't think there would be any hidden fees as PS asked with a reputable company like Avis but you would know more about the DR than I would. I would like to point out that I tried it on several domestic reservations I have mostly to Florida and one to TX and one to San Diego and it was not a savings there compared to other companies because Avis is much higher than say Alamo or Enterprise and with the Entertainment discount and coupon applied my prices were better than Avis.
    I have to say this is the best tip I have had as far saving money in the DR and Mr. Gmalet deserves a giant Muchos Gracias. I owe you a belly full of Presidentes for that one. I will let everyone know in a few weeks when I return from my vacation if there were any hidden fees.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No hidden fees. I did however purchase insurance and they do add tax for that. But its almost 50% off on the rental.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    I have checked it very carefully and found it did lower the price off their regular rate. I normally use the Entertainment Club discount combined with one of their discount coupon codes and had 6 reservations in the DR reserved with another company at a pretty good rate and was able to save something Everytime with my fellow Midwesterners Valuable Tip. In my case flying into POP and out of STI I have to pay a drop charge which is $40 with Avis compared to $26 with other companies and they have a disclaimer that they are not adding for the tax on the $40 and some locations charge it which would probably be close to 20%. Even with these higher fees I was able to save at least $20 off each booking. The percentage is much lower for me with the drop charge but still 10% even then. I have one trip to the Capital SD without the drop charge and with it only being a 4 day rental I only saved $20 since Avis doesn't allow coupons there like National, Alamo ect. However on some of my reservations for a week or more I was able to save between $50-75 on each rental. I don't think there would be any hidden fees as PS asked with a reputable company like Avis but you would know more about the DR than I would. I would like to point out that I tried it on several domestic reservations I have mostly to Florida and one to TX and one to San Diego and it was not a savings there compared to other companies because Avis is much higher than say Alamo or Enterprise and with the Entertainment discount and coupon applied my prices were better than Avis.
    I have to say this is the best tip I have had as far saving money in the DR and Mr. Gmalet deserves a giant Muchos Gracias. I owe you a belly full of Presidentes for that one. I will let everyone know in a few weeks when I return from my vacation if there were any hidden fees.
    These companies are individually owned and can charge what they want. In other words, a worker at Avis puerto plata could not transfer to Avis puerto rico or chicago. I've used Budget in the past and received hidden fees that were not noted up front. That's why i stick with Alamo. The price you receive on the website is the price you get. And that includes all taxes and fees. I just like knowing what i'm paying up front.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No hidden fees. I did however purchase insurance and they do add tax for that. But its almost 50% off on the rental.
    Thanks for the info..... I will give them a try and let you know.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

EXCUSE ME I'M NEW TO THIS....
    WITH THIS CODE YOU CAN RENT A CAR ON THE AVIS WEB SITE?
    WHEN YOU RETIRE THE CAR YOU HAVE TO DEMONSTRATE SOMETHING OR THEY DON'T ASK WHERE YOU GET THIS DISCOUNT CODE ?

THANX

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frikkione1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You reserve the car on the website with this code. When you rent the car this will be on your contract so when you return you already know what you are paying.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 366 Posts

WOW! For those of you that don't search these threads you are losing money. I am planning a trip in two weeks and wanted some information on car rental in the capital. After reading through numerous trip reports and other threads i came across this one. Went to the Avis site and with this code I will save almost 50% on my rental. Price went from $1697 to $858. Thank you gmalet. Wow!
    trEPP33

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trEPP33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I second that Gmalet!!!!

I've already tried the code in DR and everything worked out perfectly.

OUTSTANDING!!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 436 Posts

i used the code too, was half price for the car... thanks gmalet

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hey I told you. 50% off!!

It's awesome!!

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Thanks

the code didnt work today when i tried to put it in. maybe a glitch or maybe they changed it.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by swiggy View Post
    the code didnt work today when i tried to put it in. maybe a glitch or maybe they changed it.
    Tried it again after a few hours and it works, I need to find something to do on Saturday nights...

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to swiggy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,110 Times in 1,038 Posts

Was in Orlando Florida last week and normally rent with Alamo. This time got a good rate on Hotewire and they booked me with Avis. Got to the Avis counter in MCO airport and the line was huge!!! Waited over an hour till I got to the counter at which time I was checked in and then told to stand on the side as my car is not ready. Not happy, Just waited an hour and I have a reservation and no car. I had to wait on the side for another 30 minutes. Went back to counter made a scene and got the keys to the car.

Brought the car back with a full tank ( the gauge was well above the "F") of gas. The guy checking the cars back in then asked me for a reciept for the gas I put in. I'm like "are you fuckin kidding me look at the gauge you shmuck"!! The guy charged me $14 fuel charge since I didnt have a reciept. Straight to the Avis counter to see the manager. Apparently hiddin in the contract somewhere it states if you don't drive more than 70 miles you need to show a reciept for gas. The manager remembered me from when I first rented the car so he took the $14 charge off.

If you rent from Avis make sure you checked this out in the contract!!! They will not verbally inform you about this hidden scam. Save you reciept for the gas.

Won't rent from Avis again , they can suck a dick.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Avis Complaint

Avis Ripoff for low mileage rental - Under 75 miles subject to $13.99 fuel charge 1
    Helpful Votes

Posted By: wockster on 9/15/2009 Print Email Link/Share

Now I've heard everything. After prepaying for a car that I used for like 6 hours, 20 miles, we are told that as a convenience, Avis will charge me $13.99 for a fuel fill-up if the mileage is less than 75 miles. Otherwise I need to fill up and show a receipt. What a scam, who asked for this "convenience" at a rate of about $1 per mile? For the $2 gas I had to waste time and go inside for the damn receipt when I was hurrying to catch a plane. Then the guy at the Avis garage didn't even know how to get a receipt that credited back thew $13.99 that I never approved. Don't these weasels in these cubicles get tired of figuring out how to nickel and dime the public at every opportunity? When does it stop? Go to hell Avis

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Avis Complaint

Beware the Fuel Charge - Car Rental with automatic fuel charge

As a frequent traveler, I have become used to the "routine". Booking the flight, booking the rental car, getting to the airport, parking lot, getting through security, on the flight, getting the car... getting back to airport...etc.

To keep my sanity, I do everything I can to keep the routine to as normal as possible.

I fly with the same airline, book with the same rental car company, stay in the same hotels....Makes my life easier right...Until now...

Avis has decided to automatically charge their customers $13.99 for a fuel charge whenever we drive less then 75 miles. They don't ask, don't publicize it, just add the charge...how many customers are they rippiing off every single day for $14. They can't even fix it when you return the car. You are forced to go to the counter and wait for someone who is authorized to fix the charge.

I'm not going to take it....I was renting 1-4 days a week with Avis but no more. I will sign up for a Hertz Card and a Enterprise card and give them my business. I chose where I spend my money and I refuse to give it to a company that won't take care of their customers.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gutter Meat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

SWEET.
    Dropped my 8-day rental charge at POP for an Economy from $173 to $100.

(Combined with a free award ticket plus $160 for an apartment rental of eight days, I am looking at $260 in fixed costs for ground/air transportation and accommodation. Not bad at all!)

AWD# K444404

Fricken spectacular.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pi3141516 View Post
    SWEET.
    Dropped my 8-day rental charge at POP for an Economy from $173 to $100.

(Combined with a free award ticket plus $160 for an apartment rental of eight days, I am looking at $260 in fixed costs for ground/air transportation and accommodation. Not bad at all!)
    Be careful signing for deposits with AVIS at POP. In declining the collision/waiver they hit my card for a $1000 deposit and a second for $300 explained like for repair if I broke down. The 2 made little sense but what choice do you have. When I returned my car they were not open yet so I watched my bank and got charged the correct rental rate of $191 plus a second charge of $300 when there were no incidents or damage.

I took photos of everyside of the car and the full gas tank for insurance.
    I saved receipts, I called Avis and they have no knowledge saying it is a franchise and they have no control. Avis offered to start a file and look into it to MAYBE get me a refund. I said don't bother and called my bank and contested/disputed the charge. Then it is on the merchant to prove it.

Imagine if they do it to 50 people a month how many don't catch it. I rarely look that close at my credit card statements to have caught it but since I didn't get a return receipt I was watching. Beware. And I had a Wizard # on file and rent with Avis many times a year.
    Just Doing It

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 366 Posts

I used this code and rented my vehicle at SDQ airport. They did make me a receipt for $1000 and they said it was in case i got into an accident. My credit card was never charged the $1000 and after all was said and done i was only charged my quoted rate of $336 for two weeks. I just reserved another car using the same code for another 2 weeks and again received a quote of $336 which is 50% off. Thanks again for the code.

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trEPP33 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information