Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Great discount code for Avis

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 49,149 Times in 7,404 Posts

Re: Great discount code for Avis

to answer Fordtech question it is not worth renting a car in Sosua....or any tourist trap place........I'd only say rent one if you are doing the DR tour thingy and driving from say the La Capital up to Sosua....then it would be worth it.......and never, ever rent a car in Jamaica cause dat is a death wish........

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SeaWeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

great deal with this code ---- LDW/CDW of $25 a day at AVis IS A JOKE - AMERICAN EXPRESS - Now offers its cardholders "PREMIUAM CAR RENTAL PROTECTION"full car rental insurance for a ONE TIME CHARGE PER RENTAL of $24.95. covers theft and damage. that's $24.95

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to luv2party2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I just made reservations using this code for a trip next month for a 5 day rental out of STI.

Smallest car available, with additional liability coverage (my credit card handles the rest) and all taxes was less than $100. Significant savings over my previous reservation for this same trip that I canceled at $155 total (also with Avis).

Thanks.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ponderosa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ponderosa View Post
    I just made reservations using this code for a trip next month for a 5 day rental out of STI.

Smallest car available, with additional liability coverage (my credit card handles the rest) and all taxes was less than $100. Significant savings over my previous reservation for this same trip that I canceled at $155 total (also with Avis).

Thanks.
    I agree with getting the car everytime. I would never want to be without the freedom of movement without risking life and more importantly Limbs on the back of some crazy moto driver. It pays for itself on the first rain day.
    Just Doing It

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,331 Times in 571 Posts

BAD NEWS

Apparently too many people have been using the code. The day I got a car, there were no fewer than 5 other people with the same code. Avis now requires you have the code imprinted on your frequent driver card - and you can only get that if you're an actual member of NetJets.

Even if you get the car without showing the card, you will likely get a call within a day or so informing you that without the card, you'll be charged the full rate.

This appears to be the case in SD and POP. No word on other airports.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    I agree with getting the car everytime. I would never want to be without the freedom of movement without risking life and more importantly Limbs on the back of some crazy moto driver. It pays for itself on the first rain day.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to husl2001 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Re: BAD NEWS

Quote Originally Posted by husl2001 View Post
    Apparently too many people have been using the code. The day I got a car, there were no fewer than 5 other people with the same code. Avis now requires you have the code imprinted on your frequent driver card - and you can only get that if you're an actual member of NetJets.

Even if you get the car without showing the card, you will likely get a call within a day or so informing you that without the card, you'll be charged the full rate.

Thanks for the info!!!

I used the discount 4 times in DR and once on a trip to North Carolina.

I hate Avis and i have a good relationship with Alamo so i'll just return home.

Now for some bad news.

During my last trip in January, i rented from Avis in Santiago.

Unfortunately i was riding behind a gravel truck and a small rock cracked the windshield (size of a quarter). Needless to say, i had to pay for the windshield.

I did have insurance on my credit card that would cover the new windshield. However, car rentals charge your credit card first and then it's up to you to get reimbursed by your insurance company or credit card company.

So guess what? Avis charges me $700 for a new windshield and bills my credit card. Now i'm back home fighting with Avis to give up the neccesary paperwork in order for me to get reimbursed. The necessary paperwork includes the closed rental agreement, Avis bill, auto repair shop bill, incident report, etc. I have a few things but not all.

Now obviously Avis in DR (which is a franchise) is reluctant to send me the bill/paperwork because it's fraudulant. Meaning the windshield probably cost them $100 to replace and they padded the bill an extra $600. So that's where i'm at now. My claims person here in the States and a buddy of mine in DR are fighting with Avis in DR for my paperwork. I have until April to settle this or my credit card company will not reimburse me.

The frustrating thing is my claims person here at home doesn't understand how corrupt DR is and goes about requesting my paperwork in a corporate manner. Naturally, Avis in DR is just blowing him off.

This is where the ignorant, currupt, uneducated, 3rd world, piece of shit part comes in. If Avis in DR had of padded the bill an extra $100 for a total of $200, most people wouldn't sweat it. But charging me $700 for a windshield. Of course i'm gonna fight it to my death!! Why do they want that kind of hassle???

Did you get all that??

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    Thanks for the info!!!

I used the discount 4 times in DR and once on a trip to North Carolina.

I hate Avis and i have a good relationship with Alamo so i'll just return home.

Now for some bad news.

During my last trip in January, i rented from Avis in Santiago.

Unfortunately i was riding behind a gravel truck and a small rock cracked the windshield (size of a quarter). Needless to say, i had to pay for the windshield.

I did have insurance on my credit card that would cover the new windshield. However, car rentals charge your credit card first and then it's up to you to get reimbursed by your insurance company or credit card company.

So guess what? Avis charges me $700 for a new windshield and bills my credit card. Now i'm back home fighting with Avis to give up the neccesary paperwork in order for me to get reimbursed. The necessary paperwork includes the closed rental agreement, Avis bill, auto repair shop bill, incident report, etc. I have a few things but not all.

Now obviously Avis in DR (which is a franchise) is reluctant to send me the bill/paperwork because it's fraudulant. Meaning the windshield probably cost them $100 to replace and they padded the bill an extra $600. So that's where i'm at now. My claims person here in the States and a buddy of mine in DR are fighting with Avis in DR for my paperwork. I have until April to settle this or my credit card company will not reimburse me.

The frustrating thing is my claims person here at home doesn't understand how corrupt DR is and goes about requesting my paperwork in a corporate manner. Naturally, Avis in DR is just blowing him off.

This is where the ignorant, currupt, uneducated, 3rd world, piece of shit part comes in. If Avis in DR had of padded the bill an extra $100 for a total of $200, most people wouldn't sweat it. But charging me $700 for a windshield. Of course i'm gonna fight it to my death!! Why do they want that kind of hassle???

Did you get all that??

I posted the Bull Shit hour waste of time Avis put me through and the piece of junk I had to return on day 2 for a different car. Medic is a witness and was with me. One of the Canadian MOD's will confirm what I am about to say. I apolgize I forgot which one of you has the car business like I used to. LM or Kevy I think,

The point those rentals are import crap not a chev or ford and the windshield would not cost 100 here and definitely not there. 200 yes so yes you got fucked but get in line they have been doing it for years. Anyone in the business knows retail can be times 8 or times 2 depending on who you deal with. They are legally entitled to that price. You are not entitled to wholesale so again you feel fucked.

People pay 2K for a complete brake job that costs 500 tops it is called business.

Thanks for the update I will check my RSVP's for my THREE remaining DR trips

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I posted the Bull Shit hour waste of time Avis put me through and the piece of junk I had to return on day 2 for a different car. Medic is a witness and was with me. One of the Canadian MOD's will confirm what I am about to say. I apolgize I forgot which one of you has the car business like I used to. LM or Kevy I think,

The point those rentals are import crap not a chev or ford and the windshield would not cost 100 here and definitely not there. 200 yes so yes you got fucked but get in line they have been doing it for years. Anyone in the business knows retail can be times 8 or times 2 depending on who you deal with. They are legally entitled to that price. You are not entitled to wholesale so again you feel fucked.

People pay 2K for a complete brake job that costs 500 tops it is called business.

I don't know about NET JETS but I do know more about this than some people.
    I fly on Private Business Marquis Jets sometimes when I need to be somewhere on short notice and commercial isn't a good option.

I just called them and I am still good and mine will work but if you have been using this code without Avis Preferred Chairmens Club Membership the Free Ride is over I was just told 5 minutes ago by Marquis Avis Rep.

Bastardos

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

But Alamo charged me $125 last year for the same exact windshield on the same exact make of car!!

So are you saying that this year wholesale is $700 as opposed to $125 last year?

Or are you saying that the Alamo repair shop charges a different price then the Avis repair shop?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

But Alamo charged me $125 last year for the same exact windshield on the same exact make of car!!

So are you saying that this year wholesale is $700 as opposed to $125 last year?

Or are you saying that the Alamo repair shop charges a different price then the Avis repair shop?
    It shouldn't vary more than 20% by a year unless a car company went out of biz. It sounds like alamo charged you wholesale since there really are no windshields for 125 RETAIL. This year you got charged HIGH RETAIL.

And yes every repair shop charges different. Try taking a car needing serious work to 5 places and see the shocking differences. I don't like it either which is why I was never in Retail Service. I owned a lease company and wholesaled cars but not for over a decade.

I prefer bars and drunks, I speak their language.

If anyone ever needs a question asked on this crap I can answer it. But so can the other MOD I mentioned again I feel stupid (drunk) for not remembering his name but he goes to Asia and has a car lot in Canada. Ask him he will confirm what I am saying.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This has nothing to do with retail and wholesale. It's not like this is my first time doing business in DR.

This has to do with padding the bill, corruption, poor education, culture and being a piece of shit in a piece of shit country!!

His own parent company AVIS (DR Avis is a franchise) doesn't even agree with the $700 charged for the windshield.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'd like to hear *first*-hand experiences of anyone having run into trouble w/ Avis, K44404 at POP. Used it before w/ great success at POP and in Germany.

There is some discussion, re: K44404 on flyertalk.com.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pi3141516 View Post
    I'd like to hear *first*-hand experiences of anyone having run into trouble w/ Avis, K44404 at POP. Used it before w/ great success at POP and in Germany.

There is some discussion, re: K44404 on flyertalk.com.
    ISOC has been using the code every day successfully for the past 4 months. I think it's just now causing problems within the last week or two due to overuse. I last used it with no problem January 20th in Santiago. But it's not worth using if there's ANY hassle whatsoever.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,331 Times in 571 Posts

ISOC has been using the code every day successfully for the past 4 months. I think it's just now causing problems within the last week or two due to overuse. I last used it with no problem January 20th in Santiago. But it's not worth using if there's ANY hassle whatsoever.
    I had no problems with the code two weeks ago in POP, but am back again this weekend, and got challenged. It's a definite no go.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to husl2001 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Please define "challenged."

Reason I am asking is that I have a reservation on K44404 about six weeks out. Should I be worried?

I had no problems with the code two weeks ago in POP, but am back again this weekend, and got challenged. It's a definite no go.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Thanks

PSR, I have a new code from a charter I use sometimes that is supposed to be coming out in the next month or so and will gladly provide it to the up club.

I was using that code too that G my fellow Chitown man provided. I don't know or care if he got it from Net Jet but I am pretty sure he will be able to take care of himself with a new one like me.

Net, Marquis and many others are part of the Chairmans Club network of Avis.
    To all members of Isoc if you are a officer of a Corp. and use Avis enough regardless of company status like LLC or S corp or C corp you can talk to Avis about an contract that you are required a certain amount of rentals a year to qualify for this Chairmans Club discount.

If questions I know Jimmy know exactly what I am talking about being in the business. Those of you that know I can give good info but If somebody xxx well I get pissed. I will answer any questions from friends.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 734 Posts

I used it in Costa Rica with no problems. I think Avis at POP lost alot of money with all the mongers using this code and they started to research.
    Last edited by gmalet; 02-07-2010 at 11:07 AM.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmalet View Post
    I used it in Costa Rica with no problems. I think Avis at POP lost alot of money with all the mongers using this code and they started to research.
    But did you use it in the last week? Because that's when the problems started. We all used it recently (first half of January) with no problems in POP, STI and SDQ.

We just need to be sure because we don't want to give members the impression the problem is only in POP if that's not the case.

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 734 Posts

Used it two weeks ago.

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gmalet View Post
    Used it two weeks ago.
    Thanks for the quick response. The problems started around or after this time.

Personally, i've used it 5 times (DR and the States) successfully.

But i'm gonna follow what "husl2001" says and not use it again.

I had a good run!!

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information