Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Great discount code for Avis

Thanks
    Thanked 3,331 Times in 571 Posts

Re: BAD NEWS

Quote Originally Posted by pi3141516 View Post
    Please define "challenged."

Reason I am asking is that I have a reservation on K44404 about six weeks out. Should I be worried?
    I would be concerned, if my plans hinged on the discount rate.

They expect you to be able to produce a card from the Chairman's Club bearing your name and discount code. Failure to do so means you will get charged the going rate.

They have strict orders on this, so even if you talk your way into a reduced-price rental vehicle, you'll get a call a few days later letting you know that unless you can produce the card, you'll be charged the non-discounted rental rate. Best to find a hertz coupon or other discount.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to husl2001 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by husl2001 View Post
    I would be concerned, if my plans hinged on the discount rate.

They expect you to be able to produce a card from the Chairman's Club bearing your name and discount code. Failure to do so means you will get charged the going rate.

They have strict orders on this, so even if you talk your way into a reduced-price rental vehicle, you'll get a call a few days later letting you know that unless you can produce the card, you'll be charged the non-discounted rental rate. Best to find a hertz coupon or other discount.
    husl is right it WILL NOT work anymore. I had a print out from my friends in Florida adding me to their Marquis Jet account. Black and white yet they just keep repeating themselves no card no way. They called the manager and I talked to him and explained that I had a copy of the printout showing me added.

like husl said he offered to let me take the car but said if I couldn't produce the card before I return the card I would be charged FULL price.
    If the card is mailed to MN how am I supposed to get it. Shit it out. He won't take anything printed but the card.

I said fuck it and rented from Alamo with Quicksilver card which we can all get free. It was over a hundred bucks more but instead of a 68,000 mile Suzuki with problems. I should mention last time Medic went with me twice to return broken cars to Avis with ball joints howling and motor mounts jumping and I am an ex car guy.

Got 2009 Nissan Tilda with 20 rounds and shit it is worth the hundred bucks more just for the attitude difference.
    Just Doing It

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,129 Times in 9,453 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    Thanks for the info!!!

I used the discount 4 times in DR and once on a trip to North Carolina.

I hate Avis and i have a good relationship with Alamo so i'll just return home.

Now for some bad news.

During my last trip in January, i rented from Avis in Santiago.

Unfortunately i was riding behind a gravel truck and a small rock cracked the windshield (size of a quarter). Needless to say, i had to pay for the windshield.

I did have insurance on my credit card that would cover the new windshield. However, car rentals charge your credit card first and then it's up to you to get reimbursed by your insurance company or credit card company.

So guess what? Avis charges me $700 for a new windshield and bills my credit card. Now i'm back home fighting with Avis to give up the neccesary paperwork in order for me to get reimbursed. The necessary paperwork includes the closed rental agreement, Avis bill, auto repair shop bill, incident report, etc. I have a few things but not all.

Now obviously Avis in DR (which is a franchise) is reluctant to send me the bill/paperwork because it's fraudulant. Meaning the windshield probably cost them $100 to replace and they padded the bill an extra $600. So that's where i'm at now. My claims person here in the States and a buddy of mine in DR are fighting with Avis in DR for my paperwork. I have until April to settle this or my credit card company will not reimburse me.

The frustrating thing is my claims person here at home doesn't understand how corrupt DR is and goes about requesting my paperwork in a corporate manner. Naturally, Avis in DR is just blowing him off.

This is where the ignorant, currupt, uneducated, 3rd world, piece of shit part comes in. If Avis in DR had of padded the bill an extra $100 for a total of $200, most people wouldn't sweat it. But charging me $700 for a windshield. Of course i'm gonna fight it to my death!! Why do they want that kind of hassle???

Did you get all that??
    Just a quick update:

Avis in DR is now refusing to give me my paperwork. They billed my credit card $700 for the cracked windshield but without the paperwork, my insurance here won't reimburse me. My claims person and I have called repeatedly but keep getting the runaround. They refuse to send the closed rental agreement, Avis bill, auto repair shop bill, incident report, etc. This is no doubt because it is fraudulant as i stated! We will continue to fight. I have until April and then i will have to eat the $700.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,973 Times in 2,414 Posts

Just a quick update:

Avis in DR is now refusing to give me my paperwork. They billed my credit card $700 for the cracked windshield but without the paperwork, my insurance here won't reimburse me. My claims person and I have called repeatedly but keep getting the runaround. They refuse to send the closed rental agreement, Avis bill, auto repair shop bill, incident report, etc. This is no doubt because it is fraudulant as i stated! We will continue to fight. I have until April and then i will have to eat the $700.
    This is exactly why i decided not to rent cars when i go to DR. Too much of a hassle if anything happens with the car. I just get in those taxis..

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LJDMV View Post
    This is exactly why i decided not to rent cars when i go to DR. Too much of a hassle if anything happens with the car. I just get in those taxis..
    I know but we can't afford to take taxis. My wingman and I are all over the Island. This is our first rental car problem in 50 trips but still..........

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 261,363 Times in 78,282 Posts

I know but we can't afford to take taxis. My wingman and I are all over the Island. This is our first rental car problem in 50 trips but still..........

$700 divided by 50, not so bad.

You want access to trip reports?

Google Wallet

JDRent97@gmail.com

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmydr For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr View Post
    $700 divided by 50, not so bad.
    Yeah, I got greedy and went for this Avis discount without thinking about customer service. I've been with Alamo all these years and never strayed. Alamo has always taken care of me even with bumps and scrapes. Most times i didn't have to pay anything at all. I've only had 1 major incident and that was the same type of cracked windshield. But it only cost $125. Alamo has a book behind the counter with the charges listed for all incidents/scrapes. And they charge you whatever the book says. It's another lesson learned. Don't let the name "Avis" or whatever fool you. You're still dealing with people who live in shacks with 6 hrs of electricity and the mentality that goes along with that!!!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,313 Times in 734 Posts

Re: Great discount code for Avis

Jimmy looks like the fun is over with this discount code. Please close or delete thread so no one else tries to use the discount code.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gmalet For This Useful Post:

Thanks

There are plenty of other Avis codes available that do not require to produce any card. None of them however gives as deep a discount as K44404.
    To illustrate: I priced a Kia Pinto at $100 for 8 days w/ K44404; next best code came to $135 for the same time period.

Codes are freely available at flyertalk.com.

Quote Originally Posted by gmalet View Post
    Jimmy looks like the fun is over with this discount code. Please close or delete thread so no one else tries to use the discount code.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Just a quick update:

I propose we all ban AVIS

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LJDMV View Post
    No hassle with Alamo and what taxi's in Sosua. I am not falling of a moto

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yeah, I got greedy and went for this Avis discount without thinking about customer service. I've been with Alamo all these years and never strayed. Alamo has always taken care of me even with bumps and scrapes. Most times i didn't have to pay anything at all. I've only had 1 major incident and that was the same type of cracked windshield. But it only cost $125. Alamo has a book behind the counter with the charges listed for all incidents/scrapes. And they charge you whatever the book says. It's another lesson learned. Don't let the name "Avis" or whatever fool you. You're still dealing with people who live in shacks with 6 hrs of electricity and the mentality that goes along with that!!!
    I just got off the phone to Miami about my new discount card but they said since it is in my name it would only work for me.

I would have posted it just to piss avis off.

I am not using them here ever again. They probably would try to fuck me anyway after I called them all fucking lieing assholes at the counter

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pi3141516 View Post
    There are plenty of other Avis codes available that do not require to produce any card. None of them however gives as deep a discount as K44404.
    To illustrate: I priced a Kia Pinto at $100 for 8 days w/ K44404; next best code came to $135 for the same time period.

Codes are freely available at flyertalk.com.
    35% sounds about right, I was at 265 for Avis and now 380 with Alamo but like I mentioned the car is WAYYYY better.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 569 Posts

Adventurer rent a car is 220 per week.Nelly I got a brand new Aveo Xmas(from Nelly) but paid 200 more.I know one guy had issue with Adventurer after giving his credit card but I pay cash full coverage insurance .I still look at the car in any rental agency before I rent alot of crap in the DR.

http://www.adventurerentcar.com/
    Last edited by Mr Hillbilly; 02-11-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    I am in love with Jimmydr. I want him to be mine forever!

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr Hillbilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Cancelled w/ Avis. That's a $100 bucks they are not getting.

Maybe they haven't realized yet that it is a soft economy and they should be thankful for any business they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    I propose we all ban AVIS

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,539 Times in 1,755 Posts

Here is an example of how much I believe in I.S.O.C. solidarity.
    YOUR RESERVATION IS CANCELLED

CRAIG, your reservation has been cancelled. Please consider Avis for any of your future rental car needs.

The Mac Man

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Passport Playa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

The Avis at STI (Santiago) is also now requiring that you show them your discount card in order to get the reduced rate. I guess they too got suspicious when so many suddenly started using the code.

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,394 Times in 2,280 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    to answer Fordtech question it is not worth renting a car in Sosua....or any tourist trap place........I'd only say rent one if you are doing the DR tour thingy and driving from say the La Capital up to Sosua....then it would be worth it.......and never, ever rent a car in Jamaica cause dat is a death wish........
    Sosua is a lot bigger than just Pedro Clisante. And there are mongering opportunities all up and down the North Coast. I think that you are definitely limiting yourself if you don't have some sort of transpo. Personally, I can't see myself being in Sosua without a rental.

And I don't trust the motoconchos. Seen too many chicas with scars and shit from motoconcho accidents.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DCIronman For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Solidarity.
    Just Cancelled my Avis for next week. Used a code from Flyertalk.com for 15 % off at Europacar 7 days Volkswagen Fox 131.08 USD. Also used the American Express deal for insurance (twenty nine something for whole rental period).

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DRCowboy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Note that the AE Premium Car Rental Insurance only provides for extended CDW benefits over and above what the card itself already provides. Not needed, IMHO.

In my mind having sufficient LIABILITY insurance is really the key. Otherwise, in case of an accident, you will not be leaving the island until all demands by the other party to the accident have been satisfied. And I don't see the AE Premium Car Rental Insurance providing for that...

YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by DRCowboy View Post
    Solidarity.
    Just Cancelled my Avis for next week. Used a code from Flyertalk.com for 15 % off at Europacar 7 days Volkswagen Fox 131.08 USD. Also used the American Express deal for insurance (twenty nine something for whole rental period).

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to papi_sosua For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information