Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Great discount code for Avis

Thanks
    Thanked 28,089 Times in 7,183 Posts

Re: BAD NEWS

Quote Originally Posted by psriches View Post
    Just a quick update:

Avis in DR is now refusing to give me my paperwork. They billed my credit card $700 for the cracked windshield but without the paperwork, my insurance here won't reimburse me. My claims person and I have called repeatedly but keep getting the runaround. They refuse to send the closed rental agreement, Avis bill, auto repair shop bill, incident report, etc. This is no doubt because it is fraudulant as i stated! We will continue to fight. I have until April and then i will have to eat the $700.

psriches can't you just dispute the charge with your credit card company and then the Dominican scam artists at Avis will have to prove to your credit card company that it is a valid charge by submitting the proper documentation to them and then the credit card company will turn the documentation over to you to respond to.

If they do not turn over documentation to the credit card company then the credit card company will not honor the charge and if they do turn over the documentation you can turn it over to your insurance company and continue to still fight it as being an overcharge with the credit card company.

I for one would love to see you get paid by your insurance company and have the credit card company invalidate the charges altogether and you will have some Monger money in your pocket for your troubles and those Dominican scam artists at Avis will get shit for trying to scam a customer.

Good Luck and let us know what happens.
    DON’T HATE THE PLAYER !!!!! “HATE THE GAME”

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 51,137 Times in 9,456 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post
    psriches can't you just dispute the charge with your credit card company and then the Dominican scam artists at Avis will have to prove to your credit card company that it is a valid charge by submitting the proper documentation to them and then the credit card company will turn the documentation over to you to respond to.

If they do not turn over documentation to the credit card company then the credit card company will not honor the charge and if they do turn over the documentation you can turn it over to your insurance company and continue to still fight it as being an overcharge with the credit card company.

I for one would love to see you get paid by your insurance company and have the credit card company invalidate the charges altogether and you will have some Monger money in your pocket for your troubles and those Dominican scam artists at Avis will get shit for trying to scam a customer.

Thanks.

This was going to be my plan B after i've exausted all other options. The credit card company has already been notified of my intentions.

One of the issues is that the insurance claim process has an expiration. And i know disputing a charge takes time. I don't want to get in a situation where my insurance claim expires and i also lose the dispute. Then i end up with nothing.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ROVER View Post

I argee and hope he can forward the compaints all around. I hate the way they treated me and I will never do any business with them in the DR which is franchised throughout the islands so the same applies.

I am sure all of us will gladly find and post deal that work to consider.

I think we should all not forget that G our considerate member that posted the code (gmalet) should still be thanked for all the savings we were able to share in.

I agree f Avis as far as I am concerned and they will get a nice letter from me since my drunken lawyer has nothing to do until fishing season.

Again don't you agree guys that Gmalet deserves a atta boy for one of the most valuable posts ever on here. Just my opinion but hey that is my opinion.
    Just Doing It

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Re: Great discount code for Avis

No one is implying it's Gmalet's fault and we all gave him praise! I already told you guys how many times i used the code and how much money i saved. In fact, we've been thanking G the entire thread.

But with that said, hey G you owe me $700.........

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

No one is implying it's Gmalet's fault and we all gave him praise! I already told you guys how many times i used the code and how much money i saved. In fact, we've been thanking G the entire thread.

But with that said, hey G you owe me $700.........
    I agree I only saved a couple hundred on DR rentals but it was a bonus.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    I agree I only saved a couple hundred on DR rentals but it was a bonus.
    I should only be about 2 days away from having a smooth booking format down with comparable prices to the previous Avis discount stay tuned for a new post on rental rates coming up in between snowmobiling and ice fishing mongoring.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I tried using this code last week. Worked online but when i get to the counter they want some type of proof or letter indicating that i am affiliated with the company code. I told them that i had left it at home and that the website did not say that i had to present proof at the counter. To make a long story short after arguing back and forth they called the manager who refused to honor the discount. I went to budget right next to them and they rented me the same car for the price that i had w/ the discount. When Avis seen that i was talking to Budget they tried to get me back but was too late. Will never use Avis again.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NYC2DR For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Psriches Give us an update I have been thinking about this lately any progress ??

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks

THE GOOD NEWS:

I used the AVIS discount 4 times in DR and once on a trip to North Carolina.

But I hate Avis and i have a good relationship with Alamo so I'll just return home to Alamo.

Now for THE BAD NEWS:

During my trip in January, i rented from Avis in Santiago.

Unfortunately i was riding behind a gravel truck and a small rock cracked the windshield (size of a quarter). Needless to say, i had to pay for the windshield.

I did have insurance on my credit card that would cover the new windshield. However, car rentals charge your credit card first and then it's up to you to get reimbursed by your insurance company or credit card company.

So guess what? Avis charges me $700 for a new windshield and bills my credit card. Now I'm back home fighting with Avis to give up the necessary paperwork in order for me to get reimbursed. The necessary paperwork includes the closed rental agreement, Avis bill, auto repair shop bill, incident report, etc. I have a few things but not all.

Now obviously Avis in DR (which is a franchise) is reluctant to send me the bill/paperwork because it's fraudulent. Meaning the windshield probably cost them $100 to replace and they padded the bill an extra $600. So that's where I'm at now. My claims person here in the States and a buddy of mine in DR are fighting with Avis in DR for my paperwork. I have until April to settle this or my credit card company will not reimburse me.

The frustrating thing is my claims person here at home doesn't understand how corrupt DR is and goes about requesting my paperwork in a corporate manner. Naturally, Avis in DR is just blowing him off.

This is where the ignorant, corrupt, uneducated, 3rd world, piece of shit part comes in. If Avis in DR had of padded the bill an extra $100 for a total of $200, most people wouldn't sweat it. But charging me $700 for a windshield. Of course I'm gonna fight it to my death!! Why do they want that kind of hassle???

Did you get all that??
    Funny you brought this up! I was just about to post an update tonight.

Since the January incident, I've been on the phone at least 3 times a week begging and threatening DR AVIS to send my paperwork ao i can be reimbursed my $700.

My claims adjuster here in the States had no clue what he was dealing with in DR. He kept saying things like, "I'll give them a call", then "fax them" and "follow it up with a letter". Good luck with that!! Hope they have Luz at the time of your fax. And i hope the guy at the desk doesn't lose the Avis cell phone. And I've never seen any type of mail delivery!

Anyway, after 3 months of going back and forth with DR Avis, my wingman WSJ actually had to go down there to Santiago in person, and get things rolling.

Long story short, they initially charged me $700 for a windshield crack the size of a quarter and my insurance here in the States (master card) reimbursed me for $550 which was good enough for me!!!

The check arrived yesterday!

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to psriches For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm glad you got something and your happy with it ............
    but it irks me to no end that those scamming bastards get away with what they do.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ROVER For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Funny you brought this up! I was just about to post an update tonight.

Since the January incident, I've been on the phone at least 3 times a week begging and threatening DR AVIS to send my paperwork ao i can be reimbursed my $700.

My claims adjuster here in the States had no clue what he was dealing with in DR. He kept saying things like, "I'll give them a call", then "fax them" and "follow it up with a letter". Good luck with that!! Hope they have Luz at the time of your fax. And i hope the guy at the desk doesn't lose the Avis cell phone. And I've never seen any type of mail delivery!

Anyway, after 3 months of going back and forth with DR Avis, my wingman WSJ actually had to go down there to Santiago in person, and get things rolling.

Long story short, they initially charged me $700 for a windshield crack the size of a quarter and my insurance here in the States (master card) reimbursed me for $550 which was good enough for me!!!

The check arrived yesterday!
    Fuck AVIS I got added to a friends Marquis Jet account and they will honor mine but there cars in the DR suck so bad and have such high miles on mechanical problems that I will be loyal to Alamo that at least put me in some Nissan Tilda whatever the fuck that is and it only had 10K and no issues.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 366 Posts

Does anyone have any updated/valid codes for any car rental companies in the DR? I'm leaving later this week for SDQ and am looking to rent a vehicle.
    trEPP33

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trEPP33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trEPP33 View Post
    Does anyone have any updated/valid codes for any car rental companies in the DR? I'm leaving later this week for SDQ and am looking to rent a vehicle.
    You may find by going to Europcar's website and selecting the prepay option that you will save quite a bit however with this short of notice it may not give you that option.

Typically it is better to reserve something weeks or monthes in advance then check back a couple of weeks before leaving to see if the rate has gone down.

Or try Ent100 for a code might work

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    You may find by going to Europcar's website and selecting the prepay option that you will save quite a bit however with this short of notice it may not give you that option.

Typically it is better to reserve something weeks or monthes in advance then check back a couple of weeks before leaving to see if the rate has gone down.

Or try Ent100 for a code might work
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trEPP33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

OK guys I promised a new code for AVIS and I may have temporarily forgot about it but someone emailed me and asked for it.

If you book Avis and assuming you are not already getting the lowest fare which you sometimes do far out in advance or last minute or when a sale is on this could will lower your rate up to 25% and they won't ask for a ID card if I tell you a couple tips.

First you put this where it says AWD #

Second if you have a coupon that is good internationally or perhaps in the US and it includes Latin America and the Caribean you can try to add a coupon code. Unless you got a free upgrade one or something from Avis on a past rental I am not aware of too many coupons good outside the US for Avis.

Third when using this AWD to book remember and make a note of this on your confirmation that you print out that you are with MGM Resort Groups which is a development arm of the hotel chain. Just remember MGM Resorts

Fourth there are no ID cards for this companys Group ID since this code is for their Exec's. You can still use your own Wizard # if you have one to fill in your personal info faster and if you already are associated with an AWD just switch them.

Fifth I have used it several times and it is not as good as the old Net Jet one in some cases but at least it doesn't require ID guaranteed and would fuck you up at the counter with a long delay. I used it in POP the beginning of the month.

Any questions let me know.

PS: The President of that division is a friend of mine and knows I share the code and doesn't care as long as I continue to take him to the best fishing spots.

It is AWD #W2375035
    Last edited by mikelodge; 04-20-2010 at 01:12 AM. Reason: forgot to add the code

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
    Did you try the new Avis code I posted? I just used it and it works great here in the US. I rented a vehicle for 2 days when I had over a 1000 miles to drive in the 2 days and saved a bunch of money off my expensive tires ect.

Anyone that needs it feel free to use it

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I tried using the new code provided for AVIS but found the price provided by Alamo to be better. I've used Alamo and the cars are the same as those provided by AVIS. Furthermore i went to the COSTCO website and used their coupon/code and got an even better deal. By the way, not only is the price better but I got a 1 class upgrade too

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trEPP33 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,743 Times in 643 Posts

I tried using the new code provided for AVIS but found the price provided by Alamo to be better. I've used Alamo and the cars are the same as those provided by AVIS. Furthermore i went to the COSTCO website and used their coupon/code and got an even better deal. By the way, not only is the price better but I got a 1 class upgrade too
    What is the Costco coupon/code?
    Colombianas are God's way of apologizing for Dominicanas

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post
    What is the Costco coupon/code?
    I think you need to be a Costco Member to sign into their site to use it but I am not sure.

The good thing with the Avis Code I posted that is for MGM Resorts is that my friends and I use it and always get at least a double upgrade or better at the rental counter. They recognize the company name that comes up on the computer and we jokingly always kid them and say if you ever leave Avis look us up.

Bingo ugrade city

AWD #W237535

Sometimes you will find a cheaper rate by a few dollars with another company but usually Hertz and Avis have the newest cars so the lesser chance of a tire issue or whatever.

Avis also has coupon codes for like a free weekend night domestic only and 3rd day free and stuff with coupon codes. They are only in some areas try CPN # UUGA001 and TUGA137
    Last edited by mikelodge; 07-21-2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: more

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 44,288 Times in 7,548 Posts

I just tried using it for a 2 day rental in Ft Lauderdale b4 my cruise and the base rate was 126.00 and w taxes came out to over 40 more.
    The best thing about an ass, is when it is sitting on my face!!

40. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimbo44 For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information