Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 10/2009 - Complaints about the New Garden Hotel (Recurring)

Thanks
    Thanked 51,266 Times in 7,383 Posts

Re: New garden what a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by ctp1812 View Post
    bye the way, i paid 50 dollars for the room, no fee for chica entry, and the staff are very cool. A few cute chicas work there.
    http://www.hotelcasacayena.com
    Do they offer a cheaper rate if you reserve for a week or more?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Smooth For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 33,954 Times in 10,160 Posts

bye the way, i paid 50 dollars for the room, no fee for chica entry, and the staff are very cool. A few cute chicas work there.
    That's more than likely the hotel Jenny tried to book them in. Casa Cayena has always gotten NG's overflow. That's how I first started staying there. Great (free) breakfast, btw.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gdogg For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,001 Times in 568 Posts

I am among those that think the New Garden will not be the same without Wilfried. However, that is not to say that there weren't problems when he was there as well just not as many.

I think the difference is that it appeared that Wilfried was genuinely concerned about you enjoying your stay and making things right when an error was made vs. Lorenzo who seems indifferent to your presence even when pressed for a hello, but hey maybe that's just his personality and it is what it is.

I was "bumped" once from my first two nights of a 7 day trip. Wilfried was very apologetic and arranged a stay at Casa Cayena for those two nights and I probably would have just stayed there, but I had booked in the new section (at the time) of the New Garden and they were much nicer then my room at Casa Cayana (they were charging me the same rate as NG).

I actually think there was no error on Wilfried's part I think one of Lorenzo's buddies decided to extend his stay and thus no room at the inn for me.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to brovo35 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TONYTNT40 View Post
    Their breakfast is great, and their staff is beautiful, but that Hotel really doesnt compare to the TL. I think the TL is a 3 star and the Casa Cayena is more like a 1 or 2 star. The Casa Cayena is more on par with a Hotel like the Europa. The TL is the only Hotel, that I've been to in a 3rd world country with a swimming with over 5 ft of water. The TL pool have 8ft of water.
    Tony I think you should give casa cayene a new look. I think it is much better then you say. Also it has a pool that at it's deep end is over 6 ft

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ctp1812 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,029 Times in 652 Posts

There are a lot of business lessons here. Wilfried was a key employee and apparently made things work right....soon the boss will begin to realize this.

The Terra Linda hotel has a great facility but they think they can charge top dollar and more than the going rate. They can't fill the rooms at that rate so they bargain with some people with lower rates....consequently, no one knows the real rate and people stay away. As so many have said before, they need to do the math and figure out how much $55 at 90% occupancy is compared to $79 at 40% occupancy. Then add in the increased restaurant business.

Rocky's facility is low end, admittedly, but the price is the same low price for everyone, they are organized, prompt with communication and treat you like a friend when you are there....and they are most always full.

10. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to shredder For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,106 Times in 4,436 Posts

Question Re: New garden what a disaster

Where did you end up booking your group?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiefJustice View Post
    in my opinion terra linda's management are idiots. i have 7 pple going to sosua in march. i called andre and willie to get a 'group' rate, they tell me 'no group rates during that time'...i am like you will turn down the money of 7 pple? you have 7 pple in your hotel at the restaurant, bar and tipping the maids and you do not want that money? i am not paying $69 bux a night for a queen bed...not going to do it. tl is nice but its not that nice....and then its $79-$89 for a king? most of the time tl is empty. i dont think they have a core group like ng. i told willie about the boards but i dont think he cares. I think tl business model is that they are the prettiest chick on the block and pple will spend their money there….even if that is the case they still must provide good customer service and at least act like they care…..i read a report on one of these boards where a guy was complaining about the internet signal and tl management walked out the back and asked the guy working the front desk when is the customer checking out and the guy said today and then the manager/owner said ‘good’…imagine that..i don’t think tl gives a shyt…
    When you can think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear, you are near contentment.
    Your opinions are not my problem...

Thanks
    Thanked 14,088 Times in 2,301 Posts

Tony I think you should give casa cayene a new look. I think it is much better then you say. Also it has a pool that at it's deep end is over 6 ft
    Ok will do, I hope they made changes since I was last there. Have they upgrade the beds, from twin to a larger size? When I looked their rooms they didnt have any with large beds.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TONYTNT40 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apostropheman View Post
    Where did you end up booking your group?
    some at ng and sea breeze..most of them have a bond with jihad(owner of sea breeze) but would of gone to tl if the price was right..
    "Square players get played, pimps get paid, macks persuade"

"Trust me…never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f*cks - lease it!"

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,365 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shredder View Post
    There are a lot of business lessons here. Wilfried was a key employee and apparently made things work right....soon the boss will begin to realize this.

The Terra Linda hotel has a great facility but they think they can charge top dollar and more than the going rate. They can't fill the rooms at that rate so they bargain with some people with lower rates....consequently, no one knows the real rate and people stay away. As so many have said before, they need to do the math and figure out how much $55 at 90% occupancy is compared to $79 at 40% occupancy. Then add in the increased restaurant business.

Rocky's facility is low end, admittedly, but the price is the same low price for everyone, they are organized, prompt with communication and treat you like a friend when you are there....and they are most always full.
    exactly but i dont not think the ownership gives a fuk..and that is OK IF you have a manager like Wilfred who takes care of pple...even tho we shldnt expect USA type of customer service, but at least act like you give a shyt

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chief Papi Lindo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 464 Posts

Damn! People I cannot say enough about the value Wilfried brought to NG. I met jd426 and sporthobbyist via his intros. MOTHER FUCKED! Not just that though. On one of my last days I had a happy hour and the girls trashed the room. They used up all the towels...the sheets were all fucked over and wet...there was lube on the floor, the sheets... Shit, and it was just the early afternoon. How am I gonna smash tonight like this, I thought. I just went down afterwards and told Wilfried and he immediately had a maid straighten up and clean up the place. I totally tip the maid. I KNEW I could go to Wilfried with this request. He always answered my emails personally and promptly before my trip. While I was there he truly made me feel welcome and comfortable.

I will NOT be staying at NG for my next trip, as long as Wilfried is not there.

Thanks for the postings re the alternatives- Tierra Linda, Rockies and so on.

KEEP SHARING THE INFO!!
    My cock doesn't talk politics. ~Stephal Sachs

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to deep2001 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,279 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly69 View Post
    Any update on Wilfred and what he is doing or going to do?
    It is my understanding that Wilfried has no intention of working there again. He went on vacation Dec.25 and hasn't worked there since. Any other disagreements between he and Lorenzo have been resolved quickly, so I think the length of time doesn't bode well for a reconciliation. If he did return, it would have to be on Wilfried's terms. He certainly isn't desperate for work.

21. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Choirboy For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,973 Times in 2,414 Posts

How did you get a 50 rate? The lowest i saw on the site was $60. not sure if that is with or without tax per night.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to LJDMV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by el toro View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I just booked 2 nights at BB's and am planning 3 days in Sosua next month. I've been undecided about whether to go the cheap route and stay at Rockies for the first time or stay at NG like usual because I like the pool area and annoying, but sometimes convenient on-site chicas at NG.

This definitely helps me to think the decision out more. From what I understand TL costs a little more, but is a great value and D'Piero is a great value albeit sounds a little far for me to walk to drunk from Classicos or to the beach. I'm rolling solo this trip March 16-21/22 if anyone will be around.
    Walking Drunk anywhere or any distance especially from all the eyes in Classicos is risky. Hotel D'Piero is a straight shot down PC before Passions and a cheap cab or moto ride so if you can save $20 Every Single Night on the room rate of $55 vs $35 at D'Piero hell you could pay for a cab to Cabarete or farther. It is only a 6-7 minute walk as Apos has posted and some people in good shape do it in 5 minutes right Dany

25. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,676 Times in 4,820 Posts

Their breakfast is great, and their staff is beautiful, but that Hotel really doesnt compare to the TL. I think the TL is a 3 star and the Casa Cayena is more like a 1 or 2 star. The Casa Cayena is more on par with a Hotel like the Europa. The TL is the only Hotel, that I've been to in a 3rd world country with a swimming with over 5 ft of water. The TL pool have 8ft of water.
    Heard that about not 3 star and somebody posted Rats there at Casa Cayena. I am sure they fixed that but if D'Piero every runs out of Apartments with full kitchen for $50 then I guess I could go to a place like Cayena without a jacuzzi for the same money. Well that is if D'Piero was also out of all the $35 and $40 rooms.

Don where are you?? Pump you place and put in your 2 cents on this NG breakdown. Don's has a nice pool too like D' Piero

27. The Following User Says Thank You to mikelodge For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikelodge View Post
    Thank You for bring these Serious Issues to our attention.
    Sounds like Terra Linda is going to be getting a lot more business. So unless something has changed since I have been in Colombia not reading Sosua threads Wilfried left and has remained gone for quite sometime so that would seem final. After New Garden raised their rates to $55 for the Old Rooms and the newer ones are over $60 I knew that people would see that for $62 Terra Linda was a very Good and Valid Option as many members like Tiger have posted staying there.

Looks like at $62 plus business for Terra Linda and of course the same for Don up at the Palms with some good rates and a nice pool. I am sure Rockies is getting plus business as well at lower prices than NG.

Hotel D'Piero with rooms for $35 and $40 for the larger ones and $50 for apartments with all three room types offering everything NG has like breakfast included plus at Residence D'Piero he throws in Airport Transportation on stays 3 days or longer and there is a Jacuzzi.

Lots of options available
    Mike your gonna overpromote D'Piero's place so much you wont be able to get a room for yourself.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,936 Times in 6,484 Posts

Well on this past trip Terra Linda was packed. They even had tables out in front of the building so that guys could eat breakfast and watch the chicas walkout lol. Terra Linda has a set or certain type of guest they are looking for. Honestly I think they appeal more to the NYC, crowd who look at 60 to 79 dollars a night on a 4 or 5 night stay as cheap. Also, those guys may come down 1 or 2 times a year vs the guys who come 5 times or more.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hugrad95a For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,909 Times in 1,445 Posts

I little of topic, I never been to Sosua and I choose the El Colibri and so far I have to say that Monique Harpman Does an excellent job and making sure you get what you need, communication is Top notch.

Also other members talk very good about Piero's, I know both of those 2 places are further up PC, maybe thats why they take good care of customers.

And the ones close to the action could care less about customer service.

And I got the best Room at the Colibri for $50.00 and it runs for $60.00 + free breakfast and pickup from airport, so I saved about $240.00 on just that.
    Putas are like lottery tickets, sometimes you get a winner sometimes you get a loser.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vewdew For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vewdew View Post
    I little of topic, I never been to Sosua and I choose the El Colibri and so far I have to say that Monique Harpman Does an excellent job and making sure you get what you need, communication is Top notch.

Also other members talk very good about Piero's, I know both of those 2 places are further up PC, maybe thats why they take good care of customers.

And the ones close to the action could care less about customer service.

And I got the best Room at the Colibri for $50.00 and it runs for $60.00 + free breakfast and pickup from airport, so I saved about $240.00 on just that.

Are they still giving ISOC discount? I couldn't agree with you more that Monique dose a great job of running the place. Stayed there my last trip with no problems.

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hwyrider37 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok will do, I hope they made changes since I was last there. Have they upgrade the beds, from twin to a larger size? When I looked their rooms they didnt have any with large beds.
    When I was there last year they were king or queen size beds

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ctp1812 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LJDMV View Post
    How did you get a 50 rate? The lowest i saw on the site was $60. not sure if that is with or without tax per night.
    I got 50 dollar rate the first time because Jose brought me there, Jose is my taxi driver and got 50 dollar rate the second time because I called in advance and told them i paid 50 dollars the previous time. It was not a problem.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to ctp1812 For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information