Thread: Looking for Apartment to rent in SD

Thanks
    Thanked 1,369 Times in 366 Posts

Looking for Apartment to rent in SD

I'm looking for accommodations in Santo Domingo. I prefer to stay in an apartment as I will be there for two weeks. After searching through most of the threads in the Hotels section the only apartment/condo I saw was the Camilo House Apartments which is now on my list. I sent them an email and am awaiting a response from them. If I cannot find a suitable apartment I think I will stay at Hotel Palacio as there are many great reports here with good things to say about that hotel.

Does anyone know of any nice apartments in Santo Domingo or have any comments regarding the Camilo House Apartments?
    trEPP33

2. # ADS
    Our Supporters Support our advertisers!

Thanks

Re: Looking for Apartment to rent in SD

I received a response from Camilo House today and they do have apartments available but they only have full size beds. I need king size or queen at the very least.

Also received a response from the Palacio too. They too have apartments available. I will get more information on those tomorrow. I was told by the hotel desk that the apartments are just a nice as the hotel so I'm anxious to get the info.

Thanks

The Camilo House sux , I moved after one night there, and the beds are tiny. I would not reccomend this place to anyone.
    " You Hate Me, Should Thank Me, But Lately, I Burn So Much Trees, I Keep Environmentalists Angry"[SIGPIC]

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dr.Kush For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kush View Post
    The Camilo House sux , I moved after one night there, and the beds are tiny. I would not reccomend this place to anyone.
    Like I mentioned, it came off my list as soon as they said "full size bed". Do you know of any other places that you would recommend?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,539 Times in 1,755 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by trEPP33 View Post
    I received a response from Camilo House today and they do have apartments available but they only have full size beds. I need king size or queen at the very least.

Also received a response from the Palacio too. They too have apartments available. I will get more information on those tomorrow. I was told by the hotel desk that the apartments are just a nice as the hotel so I'm anxious to get the info.
    Anxiously awaiting the apartment information from The Palacio.

The Mac Man

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

I would think your best bet, is in the direction you are going, an aparta- hotel, there are a ton of them depending on what area you are looking at. A regular apartment with a normal landlord wouldn't be interested more than likely in something as short term as you are suggesting.
    Why should I limit myself to only one woman when I can have as many women as I want?
    George Gershwin

9. The Following User Says Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,064 Times in 774 Posts

The Palacio has apartments in another location heading down toward the Malecon. They are not as nice as the Palacio rooms which are great. There is a watchman of some sort but there is no problem bringing the chicas in. Having said that, the Palacio recently finished a renovation that may include apartments in hotel itself. I'm not sure. Best to find out where the apartments are located when they get back to you.
    SouthCoast

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Drjetman For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 62,154 Times in 9,135 Posts

Try this link from DR1 it's for small hotels http://dr1travel.com/ under South Central area which covers Santo Domingo, hope it helps.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to yayow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Got a response from Palacio today. They used to own the apartments but sold them a few years ago. They did provide me the name, Paseo Colonial, and stated its location is not far from the hotel. They also suggested I look at them while I am there of course staying at their hotel for this trip :O) which I think is what I am going to do at this point. Paseo Colonial does have a website located here.

Looks like they too only have full size beds. What's up with the small beds in all these apartments?

Yayow, i did look at the offerings on the link you provided but nothing piqued my interests. Thanks for posting though.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trEPP33 For This Useful Post:

Thread Information